CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
PDR for Herbal Medicines, 4th Edition 4th ed. Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Elsevier Sales & Deals
Save up to 50% on textbooks, study guides & resources for your medical specialty.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Some of the most exciting parts of this book for me have been the color photos of the plants (and not just a black and white sketch, or lack thereof, included with some of my other books), the description of the medicinal PARTS of the plant, the pharmacology of plant, and the references (or literature citations) provided that allow me to research further on my own.
This PDR provides you with:
1) An ALPHABETICAL INDEX (in the front): Lists all scientific and common names found in the herbal monographs.
2) THERAPEUTIC CATEGORY INDEX (i.e. acne preparations. migraine preparations, to wound care products): Groups herbs by therapeutic or medicinal category. Listings are alphabetical by category and accepted common name. Herbs deemed effective by Commission E are flagged for quick reference.
3) INDICIATIONS INDEX (i.e. abdominal cramps, relief of flatulance, to superficial wounds): Lists herbs by their primary indications. Entries are alphabetical by indication and accepted common name. Herbs deemed effective by Commission E are specially flagged.
4) HOMEOPATHIC INDICATIONS INDEX(i.e. aches, muscular, induction of sleep, to relief of symptomatic wheezing): Catalogs herbal applications in homepathy. Entries are alphabetical by indication and scientific name.
5) ASIAN INDICATIONS INDEX: Groups herbs by their thereuptic uses in Chinese and Indian medicine.Read more ›
This book is not intended for herbalists or people who practice herbalism! The language is different. This book is intended for physicians who would like to learn some basic stuff about herbs and maybe try to use them somehow. But remember, this is a reference book!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Tons of good information for anyone .....It has a special place on my shelf....Published 3 days ago by Don Scruggs
I found it met and exceeded my expectations. I just wish it hadn't cost so much.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Used this book for one of my nutritional science classes and I love how it provides all the information you need in terms of recommended uses, detailed description and doses. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Barb Sandoval
A MUST HAVE! This book has helped me so much in all of my projects for school and at home. Anyone who is studying herbs for school or personal knowledge must have this book in... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Cherylynn