PEAR Pro Training Intelligence System
|Price:||$33.46 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Not a runner (yet)? No problem. PEAR has beginner plans to get you started and coach you through your fi rest walk/run workouts that gradually turn into pure run workouts as your fitness progresses.
- Using Heart Rate Based Training, the PEAR weight loss program helps you train in the most efficient fat burning zones to maximize fat loss and help you reach your weight loss goals.
- PEAR offers a wide variety of workouts and plans to keep your workouts fun and interesting. You will be motivated to take your fitness to new heights.
- Whether your goal is to run your first 5K, complete a marathon or race your fastest time, PEAR has a Race Training Plan customized for you.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
When it works, it does exactly what it promises.
Large number of workouts.
Tracks your workouts, which also helps motivate me to do my workouts.
iPod shuffle integrates nicely with the PEAR
Good Customer Service
The website for getting the workouts is not that user friendly or intuitive
It does not work that often. I would guess on at least half my workouts, the PEAR has stopped recording my heart rate and distance. This of course makes it just an expensive Ipod holder. This situation the requires a hard reset of the PEAR and also makes the current workout you are doing unable to synch with the workout plan you are doing. Very frustrating.
Very expensive, especially considering how often it does not work.
Overall, I cannot in good conscience recommend the PEAR. I would have giving it only 1 star but their customer service has been very helpful and quick in responding to emails about the issues I have had with the PEAR. Only wish the could get it to work better.
The package comes with several items: Square One device, Earphones, Heart rate monitor and strap, Foot pod, nylon gear bag, usb cable.
This is fairly easy. Connect the square one device to your computer, download and install the pear software. You can choose from a variety of workouts (free and paid) from the Pear Sports website and then sync your Pear device to download those to your square one device.
Wear the heart rate monitor and the foot pod. When you turn on the device, it detects the monitor and the foot pod AND then you are good to go. You can use the up/down arrows from the device to choose a workout.
While the technology is unique and extremely useful, the product is full of flaws.
1. Earphone incompatibility: I own a Bose sports earphones and they are way more comfortable than the earphones that come with Pear Sports. When I tried to use the Bose earphones with the square one device, the Square one device acted all crazy - it kept on giving out the stats nonstop. I ended up continuing to use the pear earphones.
2. Earphones Quality: The sound level from the left earphone went louder and from the right earphone decreased. Happened a couple of times.
3. Foot Pod detection: Several times when you turn on the Square one device, it doesn't detect the foot pod. You have to really shake your leg, may be even jump for it to be detected. Also, during the workout, sometimes the device would just not be able to locate the foot pod.Read more ›
1. I'd first like to dissect some of the glowing 5 stars reviews from supposedly avid runners, people who are new to exercising, stay-at-home mothers and those who have no problem balancing life and a running schedule that involves marathons (see reviews by Tri-Jinty, HappyPerson2, Pen123, DBUC and Michael T). Though these reviews "may" all be true, one has to be somewhat skeptical when many of these reviewers have less than 5 reviews or even no other reviews on Amazon besides Pear. I would have bought this months ago if these reviews didn't seem so surreptitiously placed and just unnatural in tone. I wish Amazon could do a better job monitoring or verifying what reviews are "puppets" and which ones are honest. We all work hard for our money and I am sure no one likes being misled.
2. The reviews that do seem honest bring up valid points (Thanks to Isabel M, D. White, Avid Amazon Shopper, V. Winkler, Catherine Miller "Kate", THERESA and others for naming some pros and cons for the device).Read more ›
The first step out of the box is to go to the Pear website to download the software before connecting the device and creating a profile. I have a MacBook Air and after downloading the software and clicking the button to go to the Pear Portal, it would not let me move to the next step. Instead I kept getting the message that I needed to download the software before moving to the next step. Ugh. I shut down and restarted a several times but could not get out of this continuous loop. After lots of frustration my husband tried and after lots more frustration he somehow managed to get it to recognize that the software was loaded in order to move to the next step.
Next came picking a program for training. I am training for a half-marathon and read reviews that there was a free program you could load to the device to help with this training. The Pear portal was not intuitive. After scrolling through a bunch of half and full marathon programs that cost $280, I found one that I thought matched my need but after reading the description realized it was to coach me through 1 run that I should do 2 weeks before my half-marathon and was not a full program. Finally, I found the half-marathon program that I wanted and loaded it to the device. Success. I was very happy to find that there was a free program for this and that it seemed to offer what I wanted. Great considering the $200+ price for the device alone.
Then, I realized that the clip on the back of the device (as well as the entire device) was made of CHEAP plastic and had fallen off.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
DO NOT by this product: (The Pear Pro)
This hardware is discontinued and you can no longer sync via the Pear portal (This means you can't get any workouts). Read more
BUYER BEWARE-if only I could put zero stars! As everyone says this is a great concept but doesn't work when u want it to. Read morePublished 19 months ago by KK
very good tool for training
I am a beginner runner and it has been very useful
I recommend it to all who train
very good customer care
I have had my device for over 6 months. I love it especially since I do not like the weight of having a phone attached to me when running. Read morePublished on February 22, 2014 by ASmack
I've been using the Pear for a year now. My husband got this for my 45th birthday present. I do not like running but this program is so encouraging and I love the way that you can... Read morePublished on January 8, 2014 by A Fraser
If your ear phones break you are screwed!!I had my pear for 2 months and the earphones broke. And the site that sells the product, does not sell ear phones for this device, only... Read morePublished on December 3, 2013 by mariela
1st unit last three days, the replacement didn't work due software issues. after a month got a refund minus $30 restocking fee.Published on December 3, 2013 by jorge l rosado
Customer reviews are a great tool in helping to choose a product. However, it is too easy for dishonest people to place fake reviews to influence prospective buyers. Read morePublished on August 16, 2013 by F. Denry