Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
30 BIRDS EYE CHILI PEPPER (Chiltepin Pepper) Capsicum Frutescens Vegetable Seeds
|Price:||$2.13 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- COLOR: Green to Orange to Red
- HARVEST: 80 Days
- PLANT HEIGHT: 48 - 72" . . . PLANT SPACING: 24 - 36"
- LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun . . . SOIL / WATER: Average
- The Birds Eye Chili Pepper is very hot measuring 50,000-100,000 SHUs which is almost as hot as a Habanero Pepper. They get their name because of their shape and because they are widely spread by birds (although I cant imagine how a bird could eat these hot peppers!). These peppers are used as a spice to give dishes a fiery zing or to flavor vinegar. The leaves of the plant can also be eaten as a vegetable. It is a very ornamental pepper, and its juice can be made into a homemade insect repellent when it is mixed with water.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Haven't planted the seeds yet. Moving to new location but, will plant at my new adobe. I am sure they will turn out great. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Kindle Customer
Can't really give a review as i am waiting for the warm weather to plant.Published 17 months ago by RA
took long time to get........2015 plant finally produced peppers.NOT Birds Eye Chili.......wasted a lot of time on worthless plantsPublished 18 months ago by G. Provo
I'm pretty sure these are not birds eye chili pepper seeds, they were cayenne pepper. The germination rate for them was horrible too. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Cathy M. Cinko
if they are shipped from Thailand customs will confiscate them and you will get nothing for your moneyPublished 20 months ago by jamesmichaelhahopian