Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 18, 2018
I originally purchased this at Thanksgiving for the Maple Pumpkin Pie recipe - which was absolutely fantastic!! I cannot say that I processed my own pumpkin to make my pies as she does (maybe next year!) but I did follow her recipe and used canned organic pumpkin and still got rave reviews. Since then, I have made 3-4 other pies from the book and again, they have all been fantastic. I can hardly wait for the summer fruit to come in so that I can try out her fruit pie recipes. I would highly recommend this wonderful book!
on June 18, 2015
Truly perfect pie recipes are coming out of this book! Never having baked a pie "from scratch" I've always been intimidated by the crusts and complexities of producing a great pie. Perfect Pies started me out ground zero and every recipe I've tried has earned five stars from my family! The recipes are easy to follow and have produced stellar pies - tonight's pie is the Lemon Chiffon. Could you hold a moment while I groan in ecstasy as I take a bite of my pie?
The novice could definitely bake a pie with Michele's direction. This book has recipes ranging from the easy to the more difficult even challenging the seasoned baker. My husband is ecstatic over my newly found pie baking kick. The pie recipes run the gamut of flavors and textures and there are pies of every kind. I heartily recommend this recipe book to anyone with a sweet tooth and "hankering" to bake a pie. Do it!
on June 2, 2015
And I thought I made great pies. This lady taught me a thing or two in the first few pages. Each one of her recipes that I've tried is a treasure! I quickly added them to my personal recipe collection. Everyone comments on her delicious pie crusts. Men love pies. This book is a good investment. I'm going to try her pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. It will be a first for me to bake a pumpkin instead of opening a can of Libby's.
on November 14, 2012
This is going to be short and (not so) sweet. I ordered this cookbook because it was published by the same folks who just completed David Venable's new cookbook, which, by the way, is outstanding. Having said that, I was immediately disappointed in Ms. Stuart's cookbook because it is almost photo-free. The recipes appear to be clear and concise and I certainly appreciate the pie crust photo intro. However, there are hardly any photos of the completed pies. While the artsy fartsy photos of a stack of ceramic pie plates, a stillife of whisk, or all Ms. Stuart's blue ribbons are pretty, to me it is more important to show what the completed recipe should look like. To be fair, there ARE 16 photos of completed pies amongst all the numerous recipes, and I found the helpful hints great. In the future, please go the extra mile to produce more photos of the pies. Even if you wanted to save some dollars by showing one page of all the completed pies, that would have been helpful. JMHO As always, Amazon.com did an excellent job by offering the best cost for the book not to mention their terrific shipping.
on March 28, 2016
I am a pie maker and this book just adds more, yummy recipes to my recipe book! I love how they tell you the level of expertise needed for each pie. It also includes savory and quiche recipes. A great book!
on November 29, 2011
I saw this book and the author on a television show, saw her interview. I immediately came to Amazon to find the book, (at a better price, btw) and ordered it right away. My granddaughter and I baked a lemon meringue pie and a pecan pie for Thanksgiving Day and they both turned out Grrrrrreat! She is learning to bake and I'm happy she is learning to make pies "from scratch".
on April 13, 2014
This winter a friend and I started baking a pie a weekend while we watched Pushing Daisies - we made eight altogether, all from this book. After the second week, I knew I needed my own copy, and every pie we've tried has been fabulous. I've even become a convert to making pie crust from scratch! Of the eight we've made so far, raspberry is our favorite!
on April 10, 2018
This is a collection of great down home recipes of pies I’ve enjoyed since I was a child. The recipes are easy to follow and the book has great tips and info that help make you a better baker!
on June 28, 2016
The pies are so taste.....even my 86 year old mom has this book and made these wonderful pies....had to buy so I could make whenever I wanted
on June 3, 2017
I get rave reviews whenever I make one of Michele Stuart's pie recipes. She is super clear on directions, quality control, and beautiful presentation.