PETZL - GRIGRI 2, Belay Device with Assisted Braking
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DURABLE MATERIAL: The GRIGRI 2 is made of aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, and a reinforced nylon handle.
- ROPE COMPATIBILITY: Optimally used on all 9.4 to 10.3 mm dynamic single ropes (possible for 8.9 mm to 11 mm ropes).
- EASY TO USE: The GRIGRI 2 uses the same hand motions as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT: New progressive descent control system the GRIGRI 2 is 20% lighter and 25% smaller.
- ASSISTED BRAKING: One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Designed for experienced climbers, the GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. Both compact and lightweight, it is used with dynamic single 9.4 to 10.3 mm diameter ropes (possible with 8.9 mm to 11 mm diameters). The assisted braking improves belay comfort when working a route and when arresting a fall.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 8 x 5 x 2 inches; 5.92 Ounces
- Item model number : Grigri 2
- Department : Womens
- Date First Available : November 26, 2014
- Manufacturer : Petzl
- ASIN : B00Q78WFKC
Best Sellers Rank:
#113,424 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #45 in Climbing Harnesses
- Customer Reviews:
These products are for mountaineering, rock-climbing, aerial performing arts, industrial work and/or rescue use only. Mountaineering, rock climbing, industrial work and rescue are inherently dangerous. Any person involved in these activities must obtain qualified instruction of the proper use of these products prior to using them. Any person using these products is responsible for their own actions/decisions. FAILURE TO FOLLOW WARNINGS CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is not an auto locking device, it is assisted breaking though so as a climber I have a little bit more piece of mind with a belayer using this device over a classic tube style device in the off chance that my belay gets knocked out by a falling rock and is no longer able to maintain a hand on the break strand.
It feels super sturdy. These Assisted-Breaking ones are much better than the tubular ones, so if you're new to rock-climbing and feeling iffy about belaying, this is definitely the safer choice. Tubular ones have more flexibility but these Assisted Breaking ones make sure your partner doesn't slip much if you weren't paying attention to them.