Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$13.95+ $2.98 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on March 25, 2013
Though "Pffft" focuses on divorce at a time when "divorce" wasn't a household word, the insights into the marriage & the character of husbands & wives keep the story fresh & interesting. The humor of writers Ruth Gordon & Garson Kanin never falters or fails! The cast, too, is amazing: Jack Lemmon & Judy Holliday, both at home in Drama AND comedy, have an enviable chemistry evident in "Pffft" & "It Should Happen to You," which should not be missed. Kim Novak & Jack Carson shine in the supporting roles, whose characters' attempt to lead the main characters into separate lives provide comedy & counterpoint. Not for car chase & ninja dedicated fans,"Pffft" seeks out those who value, character, humor & poignancy.
on July 6, 2016
A couple divorces only to realize they are made for each other, for better or for worse. Predictable, boring and contrived. Kim Novak plays a painful Marilyn Monroe knockoff on Benzedrine. I like all the actors in this movie and hated each character they portrayed. Judy Holiday is the brightest spot, but that is not saying much. Bad script, bad direction and noble attempts to make it all work. To no avail.
on February 17, 2013
I love Jack Lemmon. Love Judy Holiday. But together...in this movie anyway...a dud. I blame it on the script. It was not smart, clever, or in the least imaginative. I was bored most of the time, but I stuck with it and watched it all the way through. It reminded me of so many movies of the era. That was the problem. It seemed to take twists from other movies and mesh them all together into one film. But judge for yourself. It was great seeing these fine comedics again. I just wish the movie had more going for it than the yawn syndrome.
on April 24, 2013
Judy Holliday and Jack Lemmon play a married couple who, after eight years of marriage, get divorced. The bulk of the movie is about what happens to them afterwards.

I think most people who have been in a meaningful romantic relationship for five-plus years can understand many of the issues this comedy, which was rather daring in it's day, presents. As a big fan of both Ms. Holliday and Mr. Lemmon, I can't really claim to be objective. This is a comedy for adults who know something about what real love means. I recommend that you see it and make up your own mind about how meaningful, and how good, it still is.
on March 22, 2015
Plodding dialog, implausible character development, unremarkable plot, poor direction - just plain boring - only watched the first 20 minutes.
on June 30, 2014
I have a 1954 Austin Healey, that sports car was purchased new by Jack Lemmon in
the movie and I had never seen the movie so I rented it hoping to see my little car in it's prime. The car scenes were very short and the movie very long. I would say a mild
comedy for the over 70 group, (I'm 76). Not a knock out act.
on July 31, 2015
I laughed and laughed. Holiday,Lemmon, and even Carson are hysterical in this movie! The dance scene between Holiday and Lemmon is priceless. Novak plays a typical sex pot.
on April 13, 2014
Been a big Judy Holliday from the start of her career. I enjoy all of her movies. This one has the extra added attraction of Jack Lemmon who is terrific....and the charming and beautiful Kim Novak. Lots of fun .Recommended to anyone who likes any of these stars.
on March 30, 2014
What a treat maybe not a great movie but boy what a cast the great JUDY HOLLIDAY who left us all too soon ( damn that cancer ) JACK LEMMON and of course my own favorite MISS NOVAK in one of her earlier films making quite a splash .
on April 20, 2014
Jack Lemon gave one of his funniest performance opposite Judy Holliday. After their divorce their life got complicated and their realization
what they had was special in the first place especially with Phffit!