Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PHILIPS PHILIPS DVD/VHS COMBO PLAYER / DVP3345VB/F7 /
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on September 9, 2013
I purchased this Philps DVD/VHS becasue it was a basic unit. We already had a Philips DVD/VCR but so many movies and other videos are now in DVD format and I wanted a second unit to go with a second television. We have used the unit and it works great.

However, when I purchased the unit I read what was to be included with the DVD/VCR player. The list was as follows: Package Contents: DVP3345VB DVD/VCR Combo , 2 x AA Batteries , Audio/Video Cable , Quick Start Guide , Remote Control , User Manual , Warranty Leaflet.

The owners manual and batteries were not included so I contacted AceElectronics, the company I purchased the unit from, via email. I got an immediate response and the company apologized. They also included a link where I could download the manual and they offered me a refund to purchase the batteries. They also had other Philips DVD/VCR's in stock and after my email someone checked the other boxes. They found all the other boxes were like mine and did not contain either the manual or batteries.

In my opinion AceElectronic has great customer service. And, in the future, when I am looking for or purchasing anything electronic I will always check to see if AceElectronics carries the item before I do business elsewhere. It is very rare indeed to find any company that will stand behind something they did not make. Instead most companies just say "if we didn't make it it's not our problem" and actually most companies will not stand behind something they do manufacture. AceElectronics goes above and beyond for their customers and I truly appreciate their wonderful customer service.
on July 8, 2013
Phillips still makes one player that plays both dvd's and vcr's,one of very few models that do this anymore. We've had ours for 3 yrs. absolutely no problems. Simple to use remote both formats seperated, so easy to control either. Can switch from one to the other without leaving your chair. Plays in high definition. It really is a good buy,may be one of the last players that will be able to play both.specs-formats dvd-rw,dvd+rw,dvd-r, vhs jpeg,dual layers supported, and progressive scan,dolby sound system.
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2013
This unit does not have coaxial input. If you are looking for a combo player that can be used with a cable box or other components with coaxial output, get a different unit. Otherwise, you'll have to buy a demodulator in order to use it.
on December 14, 2013
Great deal for the money.VHS provides good picture and DVD player is fine for watching standard DVD discs.Also machine does not vent from top so my wife can set a picture on it which seems to please her??
on April 17, 2014
Although the DVD player is good the VHS player is substandard and known good VHS tapes seem to have viewing problems with ttracking and with no positive/negatice trackung adjustments this unit does not meet the qauality ratings that it has recieved.
on November 9, 2013
Product was the the best rated dvd/vhs player. I have used it several times and found the picture and sound as advertised.
on February 9, 2014
The combo player does well what it was advertised to do and was very easy to set up. Picture quality is good with both formats. The tracking adjustment function really helps playing old VCR tapes that have degraded in the last 20 years or so. I would have liked an additional capability of converting VCR to DVD format, but after experiencing very bad reliability problems with devices from Toshiba (refused to play and release VCR cassettes after minimal use) and Samsung (never succeeded in recording in DVD format as was advertised, and later refused to play and release VCR cassettes in the same way as the Toshiba) I trust that the limited functionality of the Philips combo player will help it last longer. So far, I have used the Philips device for several hours.
on January 23, 2014
I was a bit anxious as to how the machine would handle the shipping process. Sure enough, the box had a large gouge on one corner, but the way it was packed the machine suffered no damage. Fed Ex seems to be especially hard on things. I suspect that many problems associated with electronics are due to handling during shipment. I plugged it in and it worked as advertised. Its been two or three months now, and all's well.
on September 18, 2013
Set up and connected, the Philps DVD player worked fine, but the VHS player produced only audio and snow. It is being returned to try and get another which works.
on January 7, 2014
This DVD/VHS was exactly how it was shown on line. It works fine and quite satisfied with the product. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting a DVD/VHS combination. You'll need an adapter in order to connect it.