Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on September 9, 2013
I purchased this Philps DVD/VHS becasue it was a basic unit. We already had a Philips DVD/VCR but so many movies and other videos are now in DVD format and I wanted a second unit to go with a second television. We have used the unit and it works great.

However, when I purchased the unit I read what was to be included with the DVD/VCR player. The list was as follows: Package Contents: DVP3345VB DVD/VCR Combo , 2 x AA Batteries , Audio/Video Cable , Quick Start Guide , Remote Control , User Manual , Warranty Leaflet.

The owners manual and batteries were not included so I contacted AceElectronics, the company I purchased the unit from, via email. I got an immediate response and the company apologized. They also included a link where I could download the manual and they offered me a refund to purchase the batteries. They also had other Philips DVD/VCR's in stock and after my email someone checked the other boxes. They found all the other boxes were like mine and did not contain either the manual or batteries.

In my opinion AceElectronic has great customer service. And, in the future, when I am looking for or purchasing anything electronic I will always check to see if AceElectronics carries the item before I do business elsewhere. It is very rare indeed to find any company that will stand behind something they did not make. Instead most companies just say "if we didn't make it it's not our problem" and actually most companies will not stand behind something they do manufacture. AceElectronics goes above and beyond for their customers and I truly appreciate their wonderful customer service.
on February 9, 2014
The combo player does well what it was advertised to do and was very easy to set up. Picture quality is good with both formats. The tracking adjustment function really helps playing old VCR tapes that have degraded in the last 20 years or so. I would have liked an additional capability of converting VCR to DVD format, but after experiencing very bad reliability problems with devices from Toshiba (refused to play and release VCR cassettes after minimal use) and Samsung (never succeeded in recording in DVD format as was advertised, and later refused to play and release VCR cassettes in the same way as the Toshiba) I trust that the limited functionality of the Philips combo player will help it last longer. So far, I have used the Philips device for several hours.
on April 9, 2014
The story begins when my previous Philips DVD/VCR combo (R.I.P.) stopped working after many years of great service.

I then picked up the only DVD/VCR available at a local department store. The brand was Funai and it was a horrible purchase.

So I had to order another one and it had to be a Philips. I've now owned it for a few months and it has worked perfectly. And I'm not the kind of person who only casually watches dvds every now and then. I watch movies/tv shows on it every day excessively. I also don't have cable.

Both the dvd player and VCR still work great. The only critique I have for it is its remote control. I was so used to the remote control on my previous Philips device that even after months of use I still hit the wrong buttons all the time. Also its sensitvity is not as strong as the previous model. You have to point it directly at the screen located on the front or it won't recognize a button push. On the previous model I could have it behind my back pointing the opposite direction and it would still work.

Beside that minor annoyance I would strongly recommend this machine to avid DVD and VCR users.
on March 1, 2014
Brand new unit out of the box. Plays fine in DVD mode. Excellent picture, In VCR mode, no picture, sound only. I have tried several different working tapes and the result is the same. I have double checked settings and connections. Results same. Will be returning the unit..
on December 3, 2013
This unit does not have coaxial input. If you are looking for a combo player that can be used with a cable box or other components with coaxial output, get a different unit. Otherwise, you'll have to buy a demodulator in order to use it.
on April 17, 2014
Although the DVD player is good the VHS player is substandard and known good VHS tapes seem to have viewing problems with ttracking and with no positive/negatice trackung adjustments this unit does not meet the qauality ratings that it has recieved.
on April 5, 2015
It didn't work and I had to send it back. An earlier Philips I had purchased through Amazon lasted for about a year and then it brought down. Luckily the Philips I brought through Wal-Mart is still working. I am staying away from the Philips brand.
on April 10, 2014
My daughter still uses VHS tapes and DVDs, so I found this for her, which she had one in the past many years ago, but it broke. She told me this one is even better than the previous model Philips made, so that is great!
on May 22, 2014
We have had two others from another maker and both broke down within a year. This one is doing extremely well, was easy to connect and is intuitive to play. We're very happy with it.
on March 28, 2015
Tapes get stuck and don't seat well in the machine. You have to try to get it set ok over and over until it seats to play.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.