Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 245 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 269 reviews
on January 8, 2017
I have owned this radio for almost four years now and it's still going strong. The interface felt fast when I purchased it, but now in 2017 the age shows. The radio takes about four seconds to turn on and get your music playing, this is also dependent on the MP3 player you're using. I've used a third generation iPod Touch 32gb with this radio since it was new. There is a male to female USB cord that plugs into the back of the head unit, which you can then run to your glove box and plug in a music player or usb flash drive. The USB keeps the music player charged and it never has to be touched again unless you want to update the music on it. You can use the interface to browse through your music by Album, Artist, Genre and several others. The head unit also changes color and you can upload your own background to the screen. Overall I have enjoyed this radio and it has gave me several years of musical pleasure.
on January 4, 2015
First off to make sure this will fit without and modification of your dash check on crutchfield.com. Second, sometimes you have to have a Pioneer specific USB cable that directly corresponds with you music playing device weather it be iPhone 5 or various other devices. That cable can be as much as $85. Best thing to do is contact a local professional audio installation facility and ask them if this product is compatible with your device. On the upside it also has a AUX port aswell. Only difference is the AUX port when hooked to a device you much search and play the music from your device. USB just puts your music on the screen and allows you to search and select it on the unit.

This unit has a ton of options and inputs. Good base model for upcoming people into the sound system scene, has tons of custom Amplifyer and Subwoofer settings which can be useful when you know what your doing.

Hope that helps.
on October 24, 2013
This is my fifth Pioneer unit, but the first 2 DIN. The install in my Corolla was fairly simple, but I needed spacers as it isn't as wide as the factory radio. As with most Pioneer head units, this sounds great, but I also expected decent video. No such luck. I haven't gotten videos to play at all from the USB drive and only occasionally from disc (with the parking brake up). I've tried different encoding (DivX, MPEG I, MPEG II, MPEG4 and AVI) and I've adjusted framerate, bitrate, resolution and everything I can think of, but either the videos aren't recognized or are labelled unplayable. These formats are listed in the manual as supported, however. To the unit's credit, it does not have a steep learning curve. On the other hand, the buttons could have been better designed; some of Pioneer's earlier designs are actually quite superior in this area. I'll keep it because the audio formats supported are much more than the OEM head unit, but I'm not very impressed.

Edit: I finally got playable video by putting the video files on a cd (the unit's still finicky about playing them from USB and often from DVD +/-R). The encoding had to be fairly precise for it to work smoothly, but once done at a good resolution for this display, it's pretty decent:

Frame size: 640 x 360
Codec: MPEG4 (Xvid/ DivX compatible)
Bitrate: 1117 kbps (or close)
Frame rate: 23.976 fps

Audio codec: MP3
Sample rate: 44100 Hz 16 bit
Bitrate: 112 kbps
Channels :2
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2015
Very happy with this head unit. Ive had it in my Silverado for about a year now and I haven't had a single problem with it. USB and AUX cords run from the back of the unit, and I have mine set up to come through the glove box like most people do. Very detailed audio adjustment settings allowing you to completely customize the sound which is great is you plan on hooking up a sub like I did. Also has some pretty cool visual settings, allowing you to fully customize the appearance, background, lighting, etc. Overall, a great head unit for the price.
on April 16, 2014
I love my stereo! Had it for about 5months now. The go back-go forward buttons are very tiny, not really a problem for me because I use the skip on my steering wheel. I love that it has a mute button to silence with one button. It is fairly bright while driving after dark- a dimmer would be nice but I don't find it a large enough problem to have not purchased it. I wish I would have spent the extra money for a Bluetooth capable one-
I find the touch screen to be as responsive as my phone- when you hit the tiny buttons right.
on November 6, 2015
Comment to Dan E.

Go to a professional. Everything you said this radio can't do I have done in my car. I have external tv's controlled by this radio so 3 tv's total, I can play and I do play movies, music videos, tv shows, and any video I want. If you want video, convert your videos to mp4 ipod format, and if listening to music, you need to convert the music to WMA format for instant response. MP3 format will give you a 7 to 10 second delay.
This radio has everything, I bought it in Sep 2013 for 183.00 regular price here on Amazon. Over 2 years later, the price has almost doubled.
Also, my radio is A+ quality and if you're having problems you need to check your connection.

Everything you said this radio can't do I have been doing since October 2013 plus more. It has full control of all my android phones including HTC, LG, Samsung, and Motorola and ipod Classic is the best ipod to use.

It has full customization if you put the backgrounds and customizes you want onto a flash drive then install the flash drive and read it with the radio.

I normally don't write reviews but people like you give great products bad reviews. You have no idea what you're doing, you're trying to compare a car radio to a tablet or a cell phone which are miniture computers. If you want a tablet, then run a tablet. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to customize it to work with my Amazon Fire TV stick and I'll figure it out soon and watch Amazon Prime while on the road driving.

Please go to a community college and take an electronics class before you try to sound like you know what you're talking about because you sound foolish.
on August 21, 2016
Overall, I'm very happy with this head unit. For the price, it has plenty of options and settings. The reason I took off a star is that I wish the screen was a little brighter. It's slightly hard to see when it's very bright out. Other than that, I'm satisfied.
on February 21, 2014
If you put a DVD in this radio- you will not be able to watch it. It shows a screen that says "Strictly Prohibited". It's OK, I need to stop driving 70MPH on the freeway and watching All My Children Box sets. If you run an RCA cable to an auxiliary monitor, it's all good. Nice radio.
on September 3, 2013
Crutchfield said that this would not fit in my 2005 Saturn ion. With a wiring harness and dash kit all purchased from Amazon, this fits perfectly with my alpine speakers, boss amp, and pyle subwoofer. The system sounds great and is easy to use. It looks very classy in my car, and the album artwork and adjustable colors make it look even better. I love this stereo, and all of my friends are impressed. This was also far cheaper here than anyplace else i could have found it, even with the installation gear. Great stereo!
on January 11, 2014
Only reason I did not 5 star is because when you're using your ipod it's difficult to scroll through the songs. The controller does not really give the option of scrolling through the songs, just skipping through.

I've had the radio for a couple of months now and have not had a problems. I hear it everywhere I drive, no interruptions. The screen is pretty decent, not retina quality but overall good. And it has NEVER frozen.