PIONEER BDP-150 BLU-RAY 3D(TM) DISC PLAYER WITH NETWORK FEATURES
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- UNLOCKED GUARANTEED TO PLAY ALL REGION DVD 012345678 PAL/NTSC & BLU-RAY ZONE ABC, DivX Xvid AVI DivX-HD and MKV all supported 100%
- DTS-HD Master Audio Essential DTS-HD Master Audio Essential provides the same quality high-end sound offered by DTS-HD Master Audio, and is a full Master Audio feature set for Blu-ray Disc, with the exception of DTS ES Matrix and NEO 6. Although DTS-HD Master Audio Essential does not currently support DTS | 96 /24, DTS ES, ES Matrix, and DTS NEO 6, for standard DVD discs, it offers DTS backwards compatibility, allowing you to enjoy DVDs in high quality DTS Digital Surround You can also connect the BDP-150 to a broadband internet connection using an optional Wi-Fi adapter (AS-WL300). This lets you enhance your experience by accessing network features like BD-Live, YouTube, Picasa, and playback from your PC or network media server. And, you can kick back and control everything from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch after downloading the free app from the App Store
- 3D Playback Immerse yourself in the world of cinema-quality 3D entertainment with crisp image detail using innovative Blu-ray 3D disc technology Advanced Networking Features The BDP-150 gives access to networking features such as BD-Live (requires adding USB memory) for unlocking movie bonus material from the web and watching YouTube or seeing photos on Picasa. You can play music, video and photo content from a PC or network media server connected to the same LAN and featuring multimedia content server functionality
- Superior Audio Performance Good sound is essential to your viewing experience. The BDP-150 delivers the most advanced multi-channel audio with all the latest HD audio formats supported Control Using Your iPad/iPod/iPhone with iControlAV2 App Operate your Pioneer receiver and Blu-ray player with your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch in a wireless LAN environment using iControlAV2, a remote control application for your iDevices -- simply download it from the App Store and you're good to go DVD Upconversion to Near-HD Quality The BDP-150 is capable of upconverting your collection of standard-definition DVDs to near-HD quality. They'll achieve a more detailed, higher resolution look when you're watching them
- Watch all your DivX XviD AVI and MKV movies, from the CD, USB, DVD, or Blu ray Deep Color (36-bit) Deep Color ensures that all color transitions and gradients are reproduced with the highest level of precision. It enables increased contrast ratio, eliminates on-screen color banding (for smooth tonal transitions and subtle gradations between colors) and can represent many times more shades of gray between black and white. So what you see is as natural and lifelike as possible DTS-HD High Resolution Audio DTS-HD Master Audio is an extension to the original DTS audio format. It delivers up to 7.1 channels of sound at 24-bit depth resolution. DTS-HD High Resolution Audio is selected as an optional surround sound format for Blu-ray Disc with constant bit rates up to respectively 6Mbps and 3Mbps. It is supposed to be an alternative for DTS-HD Master Audio where disc space may not allow it
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Step up to a higher level of home cinema with the affordable BDP-150 Blu-ray 3D Disc Player from Pioneer. Enjoy crystal clear full HD 1080p resolution, which provides some of the most stunning imagery available today. It also offers 3D Blu-ray playback for added dimension and realism -- you might start feeling like you're in your favorite movies, not just watching them. The BDP-150 brings together functionality and versatility, and it can play all your favorite DVDs CDs and even SACDs. Pioneer's BDP-150 Blu-ray Player is a great way to take advantage of the ultra-high resolution available on HDTVs, since it offers full HD 1080p resolution. With compatibility for both Blu-ray discs and DVDs, you can enjoy all the latest Hollywood flicks from the comfort of your couch. And when you pop in a DVD, you can see it in near-HD quality since the player allows upscaling to full HD 1080p An essential element to any home theater experience is the sound -- and the BDP-150 supports advanced audio formats like Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. Using the front panel USB port, you can also display photos and enjoy media and music stored on a USB flash drive. So for convenience, high-performance and networked options, this disc player certainly delivers. Half of the "theater-like" experience is delivered through stellar sound, and the BDP-150 delivers here as well. It offers processing capabilities for most Dolby and DTS audio formats usually found on Blu-ray discs or DVDs, including the lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio. This disc player features an HDMI output, 2 USB ports, and 1 Ethernet jack.
Top Customer Reviews
The player is connected via HDMI to Onkyo TX-NR3008 9.2-Channel Network Home Theater Receiver and then to Epson 5010 LCD projector.
The picture quality of this player is stunning when playing blu-ray discs and even when playing DVD mvoies the picture is clean and sharp as the player up scaling is first rate.
This player will play blu-ray region A,B and C and all the DVD regions.
I have found that the sound quality and separation on all channels to be so good. It could be the amp or the player, still it feels so nice and perfect.
Yes there are other cheap player in the market that cost $200, but with this player you can be assured its first rate quality product.
The region change for the blu-ray disc is easy and strait forward, the instruction about changing the region comes on a separate paper included in the player documentation.
That being said the performance on 3D Bluray, DVD, Netflix etc has been excellent. It is region free which is a big plus. Dvd's are detected automatically, Bluray is a little more complicated, but the instructions are pretty clear.
Overall, I love it!
Update: 30th December 2012
I'm not loving it so much recently. It plays BD/DVD's most of the time but I am having to unplug and reboot it at least once a day. The player just locks up completely, especially when switching to Netflix or other web based apps.This might be related to inability to update firmware. I am going to send it back to Pioneer. Luckily I have 2 other good Bd players.
I am therefore reducing my rating to 3 stars. I do have a Pioneer Elite region free DVD which performs flawlessly.