Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5 reviews
on September 17, 2010
I was extremely excited to get this upgrade/update and frankly I'm kind of disappointed now that I do. It is an update to the Navi maps, but the new GUI is a bit disappointing. The ipod artist/song/album, etc. scroll is nice, but to get it to scroll you have to apply a "medium" amount of screen pressure in order to not actually select the name. The tile scroll on the right is particularly difficult to use in that regard. Everytime I try and "grab" a tile to scroll, it instead just selects that tile. Very frustrating.

My biggest disappointment was the Pandora Link. As an Iphone user I was pretty happy with the old Bluetooth connecting Pandora Audio. You had to control Pandora from your phone but you could still have it in your pocket or in the cup holder or whatever, you know, wirelessly. Which I think we all know is the way things are headed these days. Well I finally get this update and I'm psyched that this PandoraLink is available, allowing you to fully control Pandora from your Pioneer head unit. Well, I was very disappointed to realized that first you have to plug your Iphone in to the Ipod cable. So if you have a resident ipod, you have to unplug that. Not only that but you have to start the PandoraLink app and then wait for it to start up and recognize the headunit which I've had limited success with. Furthermore, now if you want to switch audio sources, say back to your ipod, you have to the whole unplug and replug thing. This completely defeats the purpose of this "upgrade" if you ask me. Not only that, but like many I assume, you ipod cable is routed to a center console, glove box, etc. So now your phone is in an area that you cannot reach if you wish (since the bluetooth phone aspect of this head unit is so terrible). Personally I paid $167 for this feature. And not I'm back to using the Bluetooth Audio again... just like before. Plus I don't have my onscreen "ipod wheel" controls anymore, which if you ask me, is a pretty tried and true great control interface. Way to try and reinvent the wheel Pioneer. FAIL.
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2011
Not as I though it will be os lieke and upgrade to the next Model Pioneer. To expensive for the features
on November 3, 2011
I was a little afraid that the product was not going to work because of its low price. I was wrong to be hesitant, the price for the product is amazing and the product was brand-new in box. It's a great deal, snatch them up while they last, i just hope they have similar upgrade pricing for the next ones.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2011
I received this order and the media had already been registered the packaging was clearly indicative of being used. Amazon allows for people to return these items - it's one time use only item then they resale them. So if you want to take your chances it's definitely not worth the discount just purchase direct from Pioneer!!! Avoid Amazon at all cost.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.