- File Size: 1481 KB
- Print Length: 314 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1523739495
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Nikki Wild (January 28, 2016)
- Publication Date: January 28, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01B76F64K
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #178,933 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $9.00 (90%)
PLAYED: A BRITISH BAD BOY ROMANCE Kindle Edition
|Length: 314 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I liked the characters of both Lex and Riley. Lex's turn from playboy to good boy was a little too cut and dry for me and I could've done with a bit more conflict. Riley, on the other hand, is a fun character. It would've been nice for her story to have a little more struggle, as well. I liked her friends and I liked Lex's Jess, but again, they weren't terribly three-dimensional.
The plot behind Lex's story was very neatly tied up with a pretty bow by the end. It was missing something for sure. The conflict at the end was a bit sudden, a bit contrived. Riley's felt the same way, but felt a little more whole. The conflict with her mom needed some work because it just suddenly appeared toward the end and then tied up all the loose ends.
All in all, it was a decent story, but was definitely lessened because of its short length. Next time, just write a whole book rather than throwing in other books that many of us have probably already read or simply don't want to read. We can go buy those on our own if we want to.
I truly liked this novella. It has substance, a great plotline, and meaningful characters. I enjoyed reading about the struggle Lex and Riley go through to come to terms with their feelings for one another. PLUS, it doesn’t hurt that this novella is hot, Hot, HOT! With scenes so erotically steamy that I was sweating at times. They just worked together as a couple, which made the novella that much better.
I recommend this novella for those wanting a quick erotic romance to read.
Review By: From Me to You ... Book Reviews
-- read more of this review and a TEASER on my blog: frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com --
I wasn't more than 4% in before I couldn't handle the terrible writing anymore. It's like the author sat down with a thesaurus and tried to insert as many "big" words as she could to make herself sound smart. But, none of the words work. This book falls victim to every single cliche of terrible romance novels.
Some of my favorite excerpts of awfulness:
"wet, yearning lips of my slick chasm"
"tremendous rod of white-iron"
"could feel him hilt himself..." - hilt isn't a verb
"I coerced him to move them closer..." - talking about arms. You don't coerce someone to move their arms.
"...this carnal throe of pleasure..." - seriously?
All of this within the space of 2 pages. This book needs some serious editing help.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > New Adult & College
- Books > Romance > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Sports