- File Size: 441 KB
- Print Length: 390 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: June 30, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B010R6H69E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #45,359 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $11.00 (79%)
PLAYER: A Second Chance Sports Romance Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 390 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
How do I describe PLAYER??? Hot. Sweet. Funny. Nail biting. Frustrating.
Hot: The sex between James and Nadine is scorching. He’s had tonnes of experience with the opposite sex and uses it all to his advantage to impress Nadine.
Sweet: While he starts out as a player, with Nadine he’s actually really sweet; wanting to look after her, keep her safe and make her happy, even though those very actions and desires confuse the hell out of him.
Funny: I loved reading James’ thoughts. It’s what I assume a man really says in his head, crude and childish.
Nail biting: Nadine has had a rough life and it’s not until you’re approaching the end that you find out what caused her to run away from home at the age of sixteen.
Frustrating: Because Nadine goes back home. She had a very good reason for leaving and I don’t think her reason for going back was worth the risk. Because Nadine got upset and left James when she found his condom stash, despite knowing that he was heavily into woman before they hooked up. Because of the domination scenes, which felt like James was just playing Dom. The punishment scenes were cheesy and I have to wonder if they were put in just to spice up the sex. Personally I think this book would have been better if the whole Dom thing was taken out entirely.
PLAYER is a very quick and easy read with short chapters and dual POVs. If you’re after something light to read that has a HEA, this is perfect.
James is that handsome lady-killer jock who has a bright future in the big leagues and all the women falling at his feet and into his bed.
Nadine is the object of his affection...a hard-working student who is waiting tables and trying to make ends meet, but failing miserably. These two have a history, having grown up as next door neighbors, until the day Nadine ran away to escape from a miserable home life. She is the one woman James wants but can't have until his charming and bossy methods break down her walls.
I think what appeals to me is that even though this is a simple story and one that has been done before (man-whore jock succumbs and changes his ways for the right girl), there is just something really special with the way Joanna Blake writes her characters...sweet, sexy, relatable and extremely likeable. Another wonderful romantic summer read to take to the beach and enjoy!
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.
***** 4.5 ***** "I'm keeping you forever" stars
I was glad I followed their recommendation. James is everything I want in a hero hot, jealous, possessive, driven, loving and faithful.
He sees a grown up Nadine and stops his player ways. No other girl will do for him. The OW who throw themselves at him are no longer even on his radar.
The story moved at a good pace. I was never bored and read it in one sitting. The story had hot sex scenes and a HFN ending. An added bonus is that the book is part of the KU program although because I really liked it and the price is not unreasonable, I will probably buy it.
The only thing that it was missing that I wished that it had was a epilogue years into the future as opposed to months. James and Nadine are young, their relationship is very new and therefore still in the honeymoon phase and James is just becoming a highly paid football star. Due to those and other factors they have a lot of challenges that they will have to face in the future. It would be nice to be reassured that they were still happily together in 10 years or beyond.
I really liked this book. When I first started reading it I was going WOW he is getting all this free stuff to play ball must be back when i was in college OR a school that can cover really well like a lot of the BIG 12 schools and more. YES folks it happens still today don't kid yourself.
There are some folks in the reviews nit picking some issues about words but heck I had no idea and I went to college that there was a difference in the names of the class so don't let it stop you from reading this book. So here you have 2 kids who grew up together back in the day. Nadine recognizes him mainly because James was years ahead of her in school and she had a crush on him growing up. James's mom fed her and let her hang out at their home when things got bad at his house. Then one day she ran away from home.
James is a big hot shot jock on campus and everything is handed to him on a silver platter. Girls flock to him and he can have anyone he wants and once he sees Nadine he decides he wants her. Only he has no idea she is Deannie from the neighborhood and once she tells him who she is things change.
Good book from a really good author.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Could have been better could have been worse.
Both players are from the seedy side of the tracks.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Military
- Books > Romance > New Adult & College
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Romance > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Sagas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Sports