PLAiR 2 - HDMI Android TV Streaming Media Player
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- TIME magazine : One of the BEST media streamers on the market
- Stream online videos and music to your TV with your favorite apps like Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, VEVO, Pandora, Spotify and many, many more
- Play local videos on your TV from your mobile devices, laptops and NAS
- Play Angry Birds, Candy Crush and other popular games on your TV
- Mirror your entire desktop on TV from Mac and Windows PCs
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I think one of the key difference between Chromecast and the Plair is that Plair can install any apps from the Google Appstore.
So, I decided to give it a shot and installed the 'MXplayer' and 'File Manager' apps onto the Plair (both of them installed successfully without any issues) that are the two apps I've been using on my Android smartphone to stream videos from my NAS.
Then I was able to connect to my NAS device using the 'File Manager' app and it played the video using the 'MX Player' just like it does on my smartphone (now, the only difference is that I got a 60" screen instead of a 5" screen).
So, I think I can safely say that Plair is like a small tablet without any screen and touch interface (I agree the GUI is proprietary and not like a regular Android tablet and somewhat limited).
I tried the Youtube app and some other apps that comes with it by default (e.g., Angry Birds) and they worked fine but I'll be mostly using it with this 'MX Player' and 'File Manager' combination, which serves my purpose.
So, if you're looking into a streaming player that can stream from your NAS, I recommend you to try this.
I was looking for a product that I can play videos or photos from computer, and installing and launching apps to play was hassle to me.
What I like with Plair2 are below
1. it has pre-installed apps and able to download apps from Google Play store which are controlled by one Plair app on my phone, but Chromecast asked me to download each individual apps to play.
2. I am able to play videos and photos from my phone and computers even from cloud storages.
3. It supports remote controller, so I can switch app to app easily.
One thing you need to know is that if you hide your SSID, you need to make it visible for initial setting for the product.
after that, you can hide your SSID back. This is one time thing, and it did not bother me at all.
I highly recommend this product if you consider to buy anything like this kind of product especially Chromecast.
I recently disconnected my Comcast cable and was searching for something that I can stream movies and videos with. Plair2 has great selection of apps which has all the episodes of tv series that I've missed on cable tv. Most of the apps are free like hulu and Netflix but you will need to pay for subscription. there bunch of other apps that are completely free without subscription fees like crackle, Viki, YouTube etc... It's easy to use and easy to navigate. Once you are connected you can watch movies and tv shows flawlessly. It's well worth 50 dollars and I would get another one for my tv downstairs.
I was able to use keyboard and mouse using this usb cable (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENXI37C/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).
Also, wifi signal was good.
1. You can easily stream you media content (photos or videos) from your mobile devices (phones or tablets) and your PC/Mac within Chrome browser with PlAiR 2 plugin.
2. The quality and the performance of the device are superior.
3. It has a built-in Android OS with pre-installed Apps like, Google Play, Netflix, Pandora, Angry Bird, Android Browser, ...etc, Better yet, you can download and install Apps from Google Play or Amazon App store.
4. It also very easy to set up plus a good on-screen tutorial guide.
PLAiR 2 is an embeded-Android media streaming device, you can do more than just streaming your media content!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This item was easy to setup with my network. The issue came with keeping my phone paired with it. It kept dropping connection and had to reconnect. Read morePublished 4 months ago by NLMDEJ
To start with the menu was terrible compared to Chromecast. It stopped working contacted seller numerous times to "Exchange" for a working unit, never got a response. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Cecil Smyre
certainly not all it's cracked up to be (by product description). a very weak copy of many of the other media streaming devices out there and certainly not competition for any of... Read morePublished 21 months ago by Stephen Schwartz
5 months later the device died, the seller does not respond to letters (((Published 21 months ago by Jolly Roger
PlaiR 2 - I bought this few months ago. Somehow I reformatted my computer and when I tried to download the drivers from home page, the link is not valid anymore. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Dinesh K. Paul
This device stopped working exactly three (3) months after the date of purchase.Published 23 months ago by Elyse
The good: when it worked it had the best options for streaming, including xfinity on demand and live tv... Read morePublished 23 months ago by Spencer F.