|Part Number||PM-25MV (Without Stand)|
|Item model number||PM-25MV (Without Stand)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
PM-25MV Milling Machine (Without Stand)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- DC Brushless Variable Speed Motor For Quiet, and Reliable Performance
- Belt Drive For Smoother Running
- 120 Volt Standard Power
- Free Shipping to the lower 48 US States
- Stand NOT Included in this listing, Chip Pan Is Included
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Brand New Bench Top Milling Machine. Features a DC Brushless Variable Speed Motor for powerful, smooth operation. Belt Drive from Motor to Spindle for quiet operation. Main column is attached to the base with 4 bolts from the top for more rigidity. 0.001" Readings on X and Y axis dials, with 10 Thread per Inch Leadscrew. R8 Spindle Taper. This listing comes with Stand, Drawbar, Way Cover Set, Chip Tray. Vertical travel = 13"; Longitudinal Travel = 19"; Cross Travel = 7"; Spindle Travel = 2"; Spindle Speed Range = 50-2250RPM. Stand not included in this listing (Please see other listing for the machine with the stand)
Top customer reviews
A few problems that I've had to overcome:
1. The spindle lock is non-existent. I created an add-on to make it easier.
2. There are no provisions in the spindle control box for remote control, but I was able to at least turn the spindle on/off remotely with a small mod to the electronics.
3. The way covers are too bulky, particularly the z-axis. It gets in the way of the full Y-motion. I removed the z-axis cover and created my own pull down window-shade version. Works well, and other than my labor cost about $20.
4. The spindle motor is a bit anemic, only 3/4 hp. I wish it was stronger. Also at top speed you only get 2500rpm. Too slow.
All that being said, I found the CNC conversion quite easy (I used parts from ArizonaVideo99 plus electronics from elsewhere). My final cost for the full-up machine, including DRO was around $4k.
All in all a very good value, much better than the Grizzly G0704. Recommend.