- Paperback: 424 pages
- Publisher: SSI Logic; 5th ed. edition (2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0982576803
- ISBN-13: 978-0982576809
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 1 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (127 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #54,515 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
PMP Exam Prep: Questions, Answers, & Explanations: 1000+ Practice Questions with Detailed Solutions 5th ed. Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Excel 2016 For Dummies Video Training
Discover what Excel can do for you with self-paced video lessons from For Dummies. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I gave my exam day before yesterday, and passed it in my first attempt with barely a week's real prep! I had PMBOK and this book for reference. The difficulty level, structure and content are very similar to the real one.
Key things to keep in mind while attempting questions are;
1. Religiously refer to the answers/explanations after the exams. Collate the same with PMBOK.
2. Read the PMBOK first to get an idea of PM. Attempt a few exams and re-read the PMBOK. That way, you would know the kind of things you should concentrate on, rather than reading and dozing off :)
3. You should be a Project Manager first, before you follow my advise. It is very important to have actually undertaken each and every process listed in PMBOK, by yourself (even if you were not aware of the name of the process which you were involved in!),
4. Just browse through the ethics book a day or two before the exam (you would have inadvertantly followed ethics as a PM, even if you were not aware of it!),
5. I had my exam from 0530 to 0930 in the evening. Generally I have my dinner at 0630 PM on other days. Result: Was kind of hungry in the middle of the exam. Moral: Schedule your exam in a time slot you are most active at.
6. 200 questions in 4 hrs = 50-55 questions every hour. STICK TO IT. Any lags, and you won't have any "schedule compression techniques" left
7. Days before the exam, take a print of all your project's performance reports use techniques described in control costs, control schedule, change control and control scope on the reports. It will immensely help you understand and "appreciate" the concepts listed in PMBOK,
8. Be modest.Read more ›
I passed the PMP exam on Monday 14th March 2011. I used this book along with sample questions purchased from ReadySetPass and two other free full length mock tests (Head First, PMStudy) two months ahead of sitting the exam.
My experience was that the sample questions in this book were similar in structure to the questions on the actual test. I whole heartedly recommend it to PMP aspirants. If you score well on the tests in this book you will be fine when it comes to the real exam.
The book is a combination of mock exam that are shorter than the actual exam, but still allow the student to identify areas of weakness that require additional study. More importantly, the book also contains a number of quizzes arranged by topic. These quizzes are very helpful once an area that requires additional study has been identified and allow the student to focus on these areas.
There are a total of 14 "lite" exams, which take about an hour to complete. In addition to the quizzes and exams, there are test taking tips, which will be helpful to people taking the PMP exam for the first time. Some of the tips are pretty basic, others are more specific to the PMP exam, such as the fact that the PMP exam is very focused and may not be as easy as other multiple choice exams. All the more reason to thoroughly go through this book and look over the incorrect answers to make sure the student understands why a specific answer was deemed correct.
People should be aware that this is only an exam guide, it does not contain the textbook material that forms the basis of the study. I find it especially nice that this book will reference study sections, so students can look up the relevant chapters that are covered in the questions.
Overall, this is a very valuable tool for self studiers, but also for others that want to complement their textbook and gain additional exam experience. I found the quizzes a good way to focus on weaker areas that I identified through the actual "lite" exams included.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pourly organized. Cannot be used as actual practice exam because the practice exams are offered in sets of 50 +/- questions each rather that 200 question sets as per the actual PMP... Read morePublished 21 days ago by Amazon Customer
Explanations makes no sence or not related to questions and this book has tons of mistakes on so many pages. Page 98 Q. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Narsima Rao
This is the story of using this book to prepare for the PMP Certification exam and my results.
As a lead up to the PMP certification exam, I took every single practice... Read more
Just passed my exam today and I definitely did NOT find that the exam was harder than Scordo's tests. Read morePublished 3 months ago by gabby101
Questions on this book are good despite easier than the real exam. Difficulty of questions starts of easy on this book then quickly ramp up at toward the end of the book (starting... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Somdej Tumrongrajniti
Liked the insights and details which coupled with the references to the PmBOK gave me high confidence in the overall soundness of the book.Published 5 months ago by cameronconsults
Passed the PMP in January before the new test and this book helped immensely! Out of all the test prep books this one is the best use of time. I swear by this book to pass the PMP!Published 6 months ago by Chanel Griffin
This is another good book i keep recommending to all that is interested in doing his PMP certification. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Akeem Oowoade