Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

PNY Turbo 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD128GTBOP-GE
Color: GREY|Size: 128GB|Change

on June 6, 2014
just got the flash drive today and ran a benchmark. the speeds on this are impressive for the money. the cover the for the flash drive is built in and cant get lost which is a bonus for me.
review image
11 comment| 272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2013
This drive is GREAT!

Pros:
Small size but with giant capacity
There is a LED light
No cover to lose, its a slider cover where the cover slides down to protect the usb adapter
USB 3.0 / 128GB at a great price

Cons:
Plastic

I did 2 tests with Lan speed test writing and reading a 100MB file

On USB2.0 port on my dell xps, I get:
~24MB/s Write
~27MB/s Read

On Macbook Pro USB 3.0, I get:
~80MB/s write
~192MB/s read

Lets see how long it last...

(Update) been using it half year and still going strong.... will update again later..
1313 comments| 687 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2014
This is a great drive, 60 dollars for a 128gb USB 3.0 drive is definitely good enough. I already had PNY's SD card, so I knew they made good flash products.

The benchmark showed up quite nice as well.

Sequential Read : 197.193 MB/s
Sequential Write : 104.529 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 151.087 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 32.768 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 4.596 MB/s [ 1122.0 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.110 MB/s [ 26.8 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 5.005 MB/s [ 1221.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.085 MB/s [ 20.6 IOPS]

Test : 100 MB [F: 0.1% (0.1/119.2 GB)] (x5)

Faster than Patriot or Corsair's lower tier USB drive models.

The... externals of this drive, though, is somewhat flimsy and the 'slide' mechanism is not quite as comfortable feeling as the big-name makers'. It's somewhat stiff and a bit too tight to operate, and I hope actually sliding it frequently won't break it off.

Other than that, I don't see any fault with this wonderful drive.
2020 comments| 456 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 18, 2016
The flash drive abruptly stopped working one day when I turned on my computer. It did not appear in the device manager or the motherboard BIOS and trying it on different computers gave the same results. I got an RMA from PNY, even though the flash drive was hardly worth enough to make the shipping cost worthwhile. Just today, several months later, the same problem has happened to the replacement flash drive. It is no longer worth my time to try to get PNY to replace it; I am sure the replacement would eventually fail as well and if I pay to send another flash drive back to them I will have spent more on postage than the flash drive was originally worth. I am only going to buy my flash drives from reputable companies from now on - do not choose the cheapest flash drive brand if you want to use it long term or have valuable data.
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2015
I must just be having bad luck with flash memory, but either I end up with obviously counterfeit products or in the case of this PNY drive, one that comes nowhere near the speeds others are reporting. The drive doesn't appear to be counterfeit, but I'm only getting 68MB/s seq. read and 30MB/s seq write. This is only marginally faster than my USB 2.0 drives and much slower than a USB 3.0 Mushkin 64GB drive I bought almost two years ago.

Size is great, but it doesn't come near the USB 3.0 rated speeds on a USB 3.0 port. Especially compared to some of the older reviews here.
review image
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2016
Brought this drive in April, 2015. Worked great and fast. Used this for backups of my PCs. Unfortunately, last week (Jan 2016), after 9 months of use, it just stopped working. Plugged it into several computers and none sees it. Nothing. Totally dead. Luckily, my PC data is still good and I quickly backed it up to another portable drive.

Since this was under warranty (1 year). I emailed PNY tech support for repair instructions or a replacement and told them I couldn't send them the drive back since it was full of confidential data. They said can't repair and requested the purchase receipt and replacement delivery address; which I sent. PNY then replies with a return label and said they will replace the drive only if I returned the defective one. Wow. what a great warranty program. Basically, no one will return a dead drive with confidential data on it. So their warranty is useless. Never buying another PNY product again. Very disappointed.
on November 23, 2014
Had the 128gb version for about 7 months and used may be a dozen times and it failed with 0 capacity error that others have reported. there are no utility to recover the device like other manufacturers' websites. I feel cheated as I exercised care and other flash drives from other manufacturers are working fine. I'd stay away.
on November 22, 2015
I bought this PNY Turbo 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD256TBOP-GE from Amazon thinking it would at least meet it's specifications. However, it was very erratic when I tried to back up about 50 Gb of files from my Dell T7600 workstation's USB 3 front panel port. When I tested the PNY flash drive with Blackmagic's Disk Speed Test the write speed gauge was very erratic and would not consistently produce the same write speed! Then I used Crystal Disk Mark 5 to benchmark it. It hopelessly failed the 4k Random Write tests. (I have attached the Crystal Disk Mark 5 results for the PNY Turbo 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD256TBOP-GE along with the results of the same test with a older San Disk Extreme USB3 flash drive. I returned the PNY and replaced it with a SanDisk Extreme PRO CZ88 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive also direct from Amazon.
review imagereview image
on March 15, 2015
Nothing but trouble from day one. I have a Dell with Windows 7, a Lenovo laptop with Windows 8, and a iMac. This usb flash drive throws errors on all three, and in some cases, causes the computer to crash. I've formatted and reformatted trying different partition types, etc. but it makes no difference. Gave this as a Christmas present and my friend finally returned it to see if I could fix it or get it replaced. Amazon won't let me return it because it's past the 30-day window. Since then, I've been trying for the last month to contact PNY and using the warranty to get it replaced. What a joke! I've submitted RMA request after RMA request and they never respond to my emails or phone calls. Not worth the time nor the money.
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2015
I have been using PNY flash drives for years. I've never had a problem with any of them, and all are still working fine — EXCEPT for the two 32 GB drives. I bought the first one about a year ago and kept it plugged into the back of of my iMac, so I could use it as a quick backup for documents (I'm a writer and save everything, in case). Then one day, it's icon disappeared from my screen. I plugged the drive into my MacBook. It wouldn't show up on the screen. Ditto with my wife's PC.

I figured I must have got a lemon. So I bought a new one, again plugged it into the back of my iMac, and started saving things to it. This morning. I got a message that said the device hadn't been ejected properly. Strange, since I never ejected it. AGAIN my MacBook and I wife's PC couldn't recognize it.

The only thing I can think of is that PNY crammed too much memory into the drive (kind of like the Jazz Drives did a few decades ago), and the result is instability.

My solution will be to buy only 16 GB drives from now on (PNY). I've had several of them since they came out and have never had a problem. But I'll never buy 32 GB again, and certainly not a 64 GB.

Sorry for this rating, PNY. But you need to know.