4 Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
PNY VCG88GTSXPB GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB Graphics Card
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- NVIDIA unified architecture - Fully unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex
- GigaThread Technology - Massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10 Support - World's first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0
- NVIDIA Lumenex - 16x Anti-aliasing - High-quality anti-aliasing at up to 16x sample rates obliterates jagged edges
- NVIDIA Quantum Effects Technology - Advanced shader processors enable a new level of physics effects to be simulated
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Redefine reality with NVIDIA SLI-Ready GeForce 8800 graphics processing units (GPUs). The worlds first DX10 GPUs feature a unified architecture and unprecedented levels of graphics performance and realism.
From the Manufacturer
Redefine your gaming reality with NVIDIA SLI-Ready GeForce 8800 graphics processing units (GPUs). The world's first DX10 GPUs feature a powerful unified architecture that delivers an incredibly true-to-life gaming experience. Power through games at record speeds. Charge through game maps with vividly realistic, sun-up to sun-down HDR lighting effects while steering clear of mind-blowing physics effects such as explosions, fire, and smoke. Crank up 16x full-screen anti-aliasing without missing a beat no jaggies, no worries. And when you're not dominating your competition, relax to your favorite movies with NVIDIA PureVideo technology.
New features introduced on the NVIDIA GeForce 8 Series include a fully unified shader core, which dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics, or pixel shading operations. The cards' unified stream processors efficiently process geometry shader programs, while reducing dependence on the CPU. Moreover, Shader Model 4.0 support enables more complex operations on the GPU, reducing the load and CPU cycles that can be applied to game A.I. (artificial intelligence) complexity. As with previous models, PNY's new XLR8 graphics cards support NVIDIA SLI technology for up to 2x the performance of a single graphics card.
NVIDIA's GigaThread technology supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs. Stream out allows programmers to add more detail without having to re-render the entire pipeline. Geometry Shaders permits geometry creation and tessellation, which smoothes curved surfaces and enables more lifelike character animation, including realistic facial expressions and hair.
The GeForce 8800 GTS by PNY Technologies features 640 MB of high-speed GDDR3 frame buffer memory and a 500 MHz core clock. Outputs include DVI + DVI + HDTV/S-Video.
Legal DisclaimerWill combine shipping if purchased together.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, Amazon has been awesome for ordering computer parts lately. I'm starting to prefer them over Newegg.
It can generate a lot of heat which will be exhausted out the back and possibly sucked back into the tower causing a heat concern. I am using a Dell 4700 3.2 GHz Pentium 4. Cooling is a concern, but it is working and I am being careful to monitor how high the CPU fan is running.
If you can handle the loud fan, you will get good game performance. Personally, I think more attention needs to be put to the noise factor in today's mainstream GPUS.
I have thrown every game I own at it and it has produced stunning frame rates with great video quality. My favorites like Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2 and Quake 4 ran very smoothly on max settings. Even demos of Company of Heros and Supreme Commander had no problems at high settings. Just tried out S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadows of Chernobyl on high settings with no problems and silky smooth frame rates.
My system is based on an Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 with 2 gigs of memory and a Creative Xi-Fi card so any in game slowdowns would probably be caused by the CPU not the memory card. For instance Rise of Nations: Rise of Legeneds had a frame rate of around 35 FPS, but I believe that game is just very CPU intensive or poorly written so it doesn't get max. performance on any system at maxed graphical settings.
I have not tried dual-monitor or video out functions. If you need feedback on those items, check another review
Nevertheless, i've been incredibly pleased with the performance, running Command & Conquer 3 on the highest settings, or Day Of Defeat Source on the highest settings is a real treat. I couldn't imagine running this beast in SLI mode, although i'm certain it's a unique experience. And if I ever change motherboards, or get enough cash together to purchase another one, I may try it myself.