Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 151 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on November 6, 2015
Should I admit publicly that I bought this package of polished semi-precious stones simply to enjoy them in a bowl on my desk? Perhaps I harbored some vague notion of using them in planters or someday creating a stunning terrarium. Or of encountering a child eager for pretty rocks...and in fact, they would make quite a good gift for a young rockhound, especially when you emphasize that they are semi-PRECIOUS. From BRAZIL! (The quantity in my bowl is 95, but a few may have migrated to other corners of the house.) And the company's name is not far wrong. There is a hypnotic element about swishing the stones around, seeing which color your hand happens to choose, imagining the rocks they were before being polished, like some people who have to be scoured a little for the inner beauty to shine forth. They certainly are useful for crafts and hobbies...but maybe best of all for touching and gazing and dreaming.
on March 29, 2016
After reading the reviews, I was worried that I would end up with a bag of dyed rocks. However, I ordered it anyway, too see what I would get.

To my pleasant surprise, not a single one of the stones that I received were dyed; all natural! Wonderful!

The only drawback is that I didn't get a full 2lbs of stones, only about 1.75lbs.
on November 8, 2012
I ORDERED FROM FBAKING, It was CRAP! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM I ORDERED DIRECTLY FROM GYPSY PALACE! AMAZING QUALITY! Here are my reviews from both sellers.

Here is my experience from FBAKING: 1 Star
HALF OF THE GEMS where CLEARLY DYED. Maybe they are semi-precious gemstones, but in my opinion if they are dyed they are not "semi-precious" .
After half being dyed the other quarter of stones where crap! I could do to the dollar store and get those ugly fake stones to put in pots there for $1. Thought i was buying "semi-precious" stones.
The other quarter which equaled 20 stones out of 2 POUNDS where REAL Gemstones, got some milky quartz, Rose quartz, hematite and a couple other gemstones
ONE OF the REAL GEMSTONES had a wire sticking out of it? A milky quarts had a wire on the top maybe to make a necklace? Pretty sure that wasn't in the description of the product.
Needless to say VERY DISAPPOINTED

REVIEW ORDERING FROM GYPSY PALACE: 5 Stars
Amazing i got all REAL Semi precious stones, in my bunch i got:
Clear Quartz
Rose Quartz
Milky Quartz
Jadite
Jasper (many colors)
Nephrite
blood stone
and many more i can't remember :)

I already placed a second order with Gypsy palace! Amazing Seller A++
on October 21, 2012
The description does not make it clear that a portion of this mix will be vibrant dyed stones. They are beautiful if that is what you are looking for and if that is what you want for decorating or collecting. However, I wanted stones for healing work and I prefer natural stones. So, the dyed ones in my lot were put in and around my plants for decoration and they look great there.
I suppose if I had really looked closely at the sellers photo I could have determined that there was dyed stones among the natural stones, but I guess I just assumed it was their lighting. ** See my photo above that is taken in strong morning sunlight.

That being said, this is a very nice mix of many types of stones that are useful in crystal work. I only found one broken stone in the whole package and I think that is pretty impressive. There were about four scratched stones and no chipped stones. Smooth and well tumbled. I was quite happy with that because I have purchased mixed bags on other sites and gotten lots of 'seconds' in my bag. I do believe that the seller hand picked the mix for variety and quality.

I would buy this again just because it is a good mix.
on September 11, 2016
This was purchased for my daughter as treasure for her chest. She was happy, but she did wish that there were brighter colors like yellow/gold & more pinks. There was a lot of green in her mix.
on September 28, 2015
A very nice selection of stones for the price. Some of them have some rough spots but you are not paying enough to get two pounds of flawlessly polished stones. The variety of colors is nice (I've ordered more than once, and sometimes there is more variety than others). They are not all natural colors, but they don't claim to be. Many of them have interesting striped or mottled colors. They are fairly consistent in size but there's a nice variety of shapes. I have ordered several times and been pleased with the product each time. Almost every stone is in good enough shape to be used for something, which is unusual in a large mix like this.
on August 25, 2016
Unfortunately, my shipping box was damaged when it arrived. The bag containing the rocks was open and empty. There were some loose stones around in the box, but most of them were missing. I'm filing a claim/return for this. However, for the stones that I did get to see, they looked nice and shiny. There were several different kinds and sizes, but overall they were indeed "extra small." I am still giving this a 4-star review because my unhappiness has nothing to do with the product.
on January 13, 2017
on March 17, 2017
The Brazilian stones were gorgeous and vibrant I truly loved it and I will be ordering orders because, I use them in therapy.
on June 1, 2017
Better than I thought it would be. It has a great variety of nicely polished stones.