Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 169 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 188 reviews
on November 25, 2013
This device is poorly manufactured and too loose fitting on an iPhone 4. If you are not very careful and pick the phone up by the horn attachment (even by the portion that slides over the bottom of the phone) the phone will slide out. This happened to me twice, my phone hitting the ground both times, before I quit using it. And as pointed out by other reviewers, this will not fit over a protective case on the phone. I didn't expect much when I ordered this for under $3.00, but it failed to meet my very low expectations.
on December 26, 2012
I bought this for less than two bucks including shipping from a seller in Hong Kong on 12/8/12. The delivery window was 30 days. I received the item today 12/26/12 in a small manila envelope.

It does exactly what it's supposed to do and was well worth the very minimal cost. It's a passive amplifier of sound. Basically it directs the sound directly from the small speaker at the bottom of your iPhone into a silicone horn which also acts as a stand. It works best if you don't have a case on your iPhone or if you have a case that the bottom third is removable. This way the sound does not leak out of the loose seal from the horn to the iPhone which can happen if you have a case. It makes your phone noticeably louder, but it's not even close to the sound of a power amplified speaker. If you're expecting that, you're going to be very disappointed.

All in all, worth the price I paid. I would purchase from the seller again as well; Eighteen days during the Christmas holiday was a pretty good delivery time from halfway around the world!
on March 19, 2012
I needed a way to give a little "oomph" to podcasts I like to listen to while falling asleep. The cheapest speaker dock I could find that wasn't a piece of junk was over $60. This was SUBSTANTIALLY less expensive, so I decided to give it a try.

What do you know? It really works. It's perfect for amplifying vocal tones (works well for podcasts). It does give music a little bit of a tinny sound, but that's the trade off.

For the money I'm trilled with how well it works. My one nit (and the reason for 4, not 5 stars) is that the iPhone is a bit wobbly in this. It will stand, but it will tip over pretty easily too in either a portrait or landscape orientation.

Pros
* Works well for boosting mid-range tones
* No batteries
* Can plug in charging cable while using it
* Makes a "stand" for your iPhone
* Cheap!

Cons
* Fidelity suffers for music listening
* iPhone can fall over pretty easily using this as a "stand"
* It's a rubbery material, but the horn is a separate piece & feels a touch flimsy
* Might be a tight squeeze w/ a skin on your phone. You have to remove phone from case for this to work.
on February 4, 2014
This is probably (almost definitely) my own fault, but I bought this thinking I could use it as an amplifier for my iPhone 5S. How wrong I was--it's specifically designed for 4S and older, and will not amplify the sound of a 5 or 5S at all, as far as I can tell.

The material feels kind of slick and slightly greasy, like those cheap $4 silicone phone cases you can buy at the mall. It's a clever design, but I definitely see why it's so cheap now. It won't fit on a case unless it's a very thin case that only serves to cover the back of the phone with a design.
on March 13, 2013
I was very surprised at how well these little horns worked. The sound increase is a bit counter intuitive but who cares. It works! I bought a couple and love them. They are very light and flexible so they are perfect for travel. They also will stretch a bit so you might be able to use them without removing your Iphone cover (depending on how thick it is). I use an Otter Box Commuter cover for my phone in case that helps. The only drawback is you might have to lean the phone up against something to keep it standing up if you leave the phone in the case. Apparently these were intended to remain standing with only the phone in them so the added weight of the case tends to make it all top heavy. I still rate them as 5 stars because they work so surprisingly well and they are dirt cheap. Super Stocking Stuffer!
on January 9, 2012
I first thought I had an original and creative idea until I found this online--which is pretty much exactly what I was going to invent--:( So, I bought one, not realizing it ships from Hong Kong, after a few days I forgot about it. It just showed up today. I plugged it into my iPhone 4 and I'm very impressed. It is very soft and rubbery (I thought it was hard plastic when I ordered it) and the soft rubber seems to smooth out the sound nicely. My co-workers are all a bunch of engineers and they laughed when they saw it but wanted to buy it from me after they heard it. This will not replace electronic speakers but for me, it is much more valuable. Since it is soft it can be stored in a pocket or computer bag without trouble, its also pretty small. I usually wont go to the trouble of hooking up speakers to my phone and often use small bowls or a dry sink to amplify the sound when working or hanging out. Now I have a real useful and safe amplifier. Thank you Bone/Shenit.com!
on February 2, 2014
I have an iPod touch I was hopping it would fit, it does but the holes for the speakers don't line up and even if the did the hole for the horn is so small not positive it would make it much louder not sure it is worth it even at a $1
on August 19, 2014
Works great for an acoustic speaker without batteries. Noticeably amplified the sound and fit the phone snuggly. The sound was a little bit tinny, but not enough to truly notice. Can't be the price either.
on January 26, 2016
I ordered this out of pure curiosity on how this tiny flimsy rubber/silicon horn thingymajigy was going to amplify the sound. I will admit, I was quite impressed. It did what it claimed and it was so simple and easy. I enjoyed using this more often at times than dealing with finding and dealing with wires and syncing.
on March 25, 2016
This product is great, especially considering the price. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it amplifies the iPhone speakers. The only problem is that it only works if you are not using a case of any kind. If you are uncomfortable taking your phone out of its case, look for a different speaker.