|Item Weight||17 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14 x 11.2 x 8 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||362|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||bare-tool; attachments|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.99 shipping
+ $6.25 shipping
+ Free Shipping
PORTER-CABLE 362 12 Amp 4-Inch by 24-Inch Belt Sander with Cloth Dust Bag
|Price:||$249.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful 12 Amp motor
- Motor is located over platen for maximum performance and perfect balance
- Designed for flush sanding up to vertical surfaces
- Belt speed of 1,500 SFPM for rapid stock removal Quick-release belt-change lever
- Includes 100G ceramic aluminum oxide belt, dust bag assembly, manual
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- It's build like a tank and will probably run forever.
- It's well-balanced and offers smooth sanding capabilities
- The metal baseplate or "shoe" that came with the unit started warping after 1-2 hours of hard use, due to excessive heat. Fortunately, I had taken the advice of another reviewer and purchased the graphite impregnated shoe and was able to replace the original shoe without losing time on the job.
- At 12.0 amps, it's still significanly underpowered. It almost stalls with a 50 grit belt and heavy pressure.
- It's dust collection capabilities are mediocre, at best. Even when connected to a large shop vac, it clogs continuously during heavy sanding. Repeated clearing with an air hose is necessary.
- The machining on the housing is poor, especially in the area around the dust collection opening near the back of the belt. The mating surfaces don't align, which adds to the dust collection problems since the dust collects in the misaligned joint. I was able to improve this some with a small file but access is limited unless you remove the rear roller.
- The label on this machine says "Whisper Seriers". I don't know what Porter Cable's definition of "whisper" is, but it's obviously much different than mine. Ear plugs are absolutely essential for the operator and anyone else within "whisper" distance.
Overall, I would have to say that there are better choices than this sander. I own numerous Porter Cable tools and have been satisfied with most but this one leaves me disappointed.
It was absolute charm to setup and use. You change belts by flipping a lever. You adjust the "trim" of the belt with a small wheel while the machine is turned on. With 50 grit, it quickly removes 1/16 inch in a couple of passes. So start with 80 and don't apply any pressure - let the tool just glide. Its 15lb and far more sturdy than bosch or dewalt competitors. However the weight is actually a plus, because it means you don't have to force it down to remove material. The dust bag actually works very well at removing the sawdust.
The main consideration was the price. However, don't think you'll get good results if you go for a sub- [$] unit. This is a tool any professional will use again and again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have been buying this sander for over 20 years. You would expect Porter Cable to improve these sanders over time. They continue to make them cheaper with every change. Read morePublished 3 months ago by dan
I'm a paint contractor and have used this to strip over 100 decks.
This isn't for fancy shmancy finish work. This isn't for giving delicate trim work that "final touch'. Read more
I cant tell you how disappointed I am in Porter Cable.As a 30 year,master solid surface fabricator,this company has drop completely off of our list of tools we use on a daily... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Always a winner, PC has no match in the belt sanding business! If only they would still make they're half sheet fine sanding, sander it would be great!Published 4 months ago by Martin M.
The Porter cable was a replacement for a Rockwell from 1970. Same model before Rockwell sold to Delta/Porter cable. Read morePublished 12 months ago by peter brainard
A good belt sander. Don't believe it's as good as the "old" Porter Cable.... But that's progress. For the cost it seems solid compared to most of the products available. Read morePublished 13 months ago by AQ