|Item Weight||4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10.9 x 3.2 x 10.9 inches|
|Item model number||PC600D|
|Size||Pack of 1|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||3 year limited; 1 year free service; 90 DayMoney Back Guarantee|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.99 shipping
+ $8.99 shipping
PORTER-CABLE PC600D 6.5 Amp 3/8-Inch Variable Speed Drill
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 6.0-Amp motor delivers power in demanding applications
- Keyless 3/8-inch chuck provides fast and easy bit changes
- 0-2500 RPM variable speed trigger provides the best results for drilling and driving
- Lock-on button provides easier control during prolonged use
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item PORTER-CABLE PC600D 6.5 Amp 3/8-Inch Variable Speed Drill
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||3.19 x 10.9 x 10.9 in||13.6 x 14.6 x 4.6 in||3.6 x 10.75 x 10.25 in||3 x 10.5 x 10.88 in||—||9.06 x 10.08 x 2.84 in|
|Voltage||120 volts||110 volts||120 volts||120 volts||120 volts||120 volts|
Includes Tradesman 3/8-in Corded Keyless Drill - PC600DR, Operating Manual
Designed for high-performance job sites, the Porter-Cable PC600D 3/8-inch variable speed drill provides reliable power and durability for projects requiring extended tool usage.
With a high-output, 6.0 amp motor capable of 0 to 2,500 revolutions-per-minute (RPM), the PC600D 3/8-inch drill is designed to provide the speed needed for a variety of drilling applications. The high-torque gear design makes the drill ideal for metal and wood fabrication, pilot hole drilling in deck building or frame construction, and other applications requiring the extended run-time of a corded drill.
The lightweight, handheld drill incorporates a range of professional features, including a variable-speed trigger for application-specific speed control; a two-sleeve, keyless chuck for quick bit changes; a belt clip for securing the tool; a six-foot-long, high-grade cord, and a lock-on button for easier control during prolonged use.
This Porter-Cable tool is backed by three-year limited warranty covering any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship (from the date of purchase). It's also covered by Porter-Cable's one-year free service contract, where Porter-Cable will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use--for free.
What's in the Box
Porter-Cable PC600D 6 amp 3/8-inch variable speed drill; operating instructions
Ideal for metal and wood fabrication, pilot hole drilling in deck building,
frame construction, and more (view larger).
Top Customer Reviews
- Good power
- Chuck: Chuck is terrible. Can't get the thing tight no matter how hard you try. Thing needs to be tightened every 5 screws or halfway through drilling a 3/8" hole (whatever ever happened to the ratcheting chuck Porter cable? That was great!!!).
- Bearings: Had it for 2 months and now the bearings sound there's gravel in them.
- Trigger: Once in a while when you go to pull the trigger it doesn't pull in. The switch seems to get jammed up.
- Rubber around trigger peeled away from plastic frame within 4 times of using the drill.
- The end of the power cord where the prongs are, instead of just making it like any other power cord, they decided to make a big rectangular piece of plastic that the prongs come out of. It's heavy enough to make the cord come unplugged just by the weight of this plastic piece.
- Power cord is a tad bit short. Short enough that it needs to be plugged into an extension cord full time.
The power is good. Everything else would be good for a "Black and Decker", but substandard for Porter Cable.
The chuck will frustrate you the first time using it.
Spend another $20 and get a Dewalt, Bosch, or Milwaukee.
If there is one thing I would change it's the key less chuck, none of them are adequate for a powerful corded drill and only belong on battery models. I will buy a Jacobs keyed chuck and fix that.
It does have a plastic casing, but it's really solid, no give or play. I'm not thrilled about the plastic near the chuck but can live with that. Other reviewers have noted the noise level -- to me the sound is pretty consistent with gearing down the electric motor RPMs, so reasonable. Zero wobble at the business end, at least with the one that I got, so drilling should run true. Also, found the trigger switch to be just fine -- it is a short squeeze, but most importantly, it's very predictable so doesn't feel to me like a 'hair trigger'.
A great application for this drill is as a corded drill and light driver for bigger assembly projects around the house like putting together furniture or putting up shelving. Plenty of torque, light enough weight, and no battery life limits. Also seems pretty well ventilated for longer continuous operation with sanding disks, wire brush wheels, etc., but haven't had a chance to test that yet.
Wish it came with a fitted Porter-Cable factory hardcase... but I found a solution by springing for an extra ten bucks to get a small, rugged, hard-bottom/soft-sided Porter-Cable tool bag. A bit larger than need be for just the drill, but that leaves room for some bit-sets and drill attachments. So its useful as complete drill 'kit bag', plus you never have mess around with precisely coiling up and fitting the power cord into its designated place within a hardcase.
Factory calls it the "Porter Cable Soft Sided Power Tool Bag" (OEM Replacement Part #A11901). Note that the 1 inch in the 21"x13"x1" product dimensions, refers to bag when folded down. You can get one on Amazon here:
Porter Cable Soft Sided Power Tool Bag # A11901