|Item Weight||15.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||15 x 4.3 x 11 inches|
|Item model number||PCE605K|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Warranty Description||Comes with Manufacturer Warranty.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
PORTER-CABLE PCE605K 3-Amp Corded Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit with 31 Accessories
|Price:||$122.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3-Amp Motor delivers power to complete applications fast
- Tool-free system blade change allows quick changes and adjustments for specific applications without wrenches and bolts
- Depth and cutting guide helps complete plunge and cutting tasks faster and with more control
- 3 Position Over Mold provides gripping area on the front, middle and rear to improve comfort
- 10-Foot Cord miinimizes the need for extension cords
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item PORTER-CABLE PCE605K 3-Amp Corded Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit with 31 Accessories
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||P&Q Enterprises|
|Item Dimensions||4.33 x 14.96 x 11.02 in||4.33 x 14.96 x 11.02 in||3.5 x 11.6 x 4 in||5 x 17.25 x 9.75 in||4.5 x 15.75 x 8.5 in|
Porter-Cable PCE605K 3-Amp 10-Foot Cord Tool-Free Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit
Improved Durability and Power
The Porter-Cable PCE605K corded oscillating multi-tool kit includes a 3.0 amp motor for power and durability on the jobsite. This model delivers the performance needed for tough applications, including cutting, sanding, scraping, and grinding. The Poter-Cable PCE605K multi-tool delivers up to 10,000-to-22,000 oscillations-per-minute, which enables users to quickly complete different applications in a variety of materials.
Convenient Jobsite Usability
The tool features a depth/cutting guide that provides stability when making long cuts, as well as control for making plunge cuts. For versatility, the PCE605K multi-tool includes a redesigned three-position over mold to provide comfort when operating the tool. Users can hold the tool in the front, middle or back and it also features a 10-foot cord to span the distances you need when completing jobsite projects. The Porter-Cable PCE605K multi-tool also features a tool-free system blade change, allowing professionals to quickly and efficiently change out or adjust the position of the accessory depending on the application.
With more than 100 years of experience producing quality and performance-driven tools, Porter-Cable is a leading manufacturer and marketer of professional-grade cordless and corded power tools, equipment, and accessories. Known for industry-changing innovation, Porter-Cable introduced the world’s first helical drive circular saw, portable band saw, and portable belt sander.
The Porter-Cable PCE605 3-Amp multi-tool comes with one depth/cutting guide, one precision wood end-cut blade, one wood/metal end-cut blade, one flush cut blade, one sanding platen, twenty-five sandpaper sheets, one flexible scraper and a kit box.
The Porter-Cable PCE605K has a 90 day money back guarantee, a one-year free service contract, and a three-year limited warranty.
Top customer reviews
1. There is almost nothing in the way of user instructions. This meant that, as a person new to this kind of tool, I ran the sander at high speed. You need to turn the speed down to about 2, which is plenty aggressive. Failure to do this destroys both the backing pad or platen and paper very quickly.
2. Since you've now trashed the platen, you have to get a new one. Replacing it turned out to be like dealing with the keystone cops. It turns out that this model was manufactured with two different kinds of attachment methods. There are spikes in the tool which are received by holes in the pad, in their very handy quick-release feature. However, it took ordering the wrong thing from Amazon, where I was sold the PC3005 pad, to find this out. Nowhere that I could find does Amazon tell you that the PC3005 only works on some models produced before a certain date. After that date, the pads have slotted holes instead of round ones. Don't ask me what that date is, because after two weeks dealing with several confused Porter Cable persons, I was still getting the wrong answer. Turns out Porter Cable has sold or transferred its parts supply to another company, and no one knows what is going on. Anyway, I finally got the right part, and at least the pads are cheap.
3. The sandpaper for this tool, unless you research it quite a bit, is available primarily in small quantities at a high price, and you are forced to get a set of three different grits, when you may only want one. Since you are going to go through a bit of paper this is just nonsense. Klingspor's has sets of fifty of any grit for $15.95.
4. I don't blame Amazon for any of this, as they are no doubt just using information provided by Porter Cable. If I were the guy who designed this product for Porter Cable, which is a perfectly capable tool, and then had it so laughably treated by their marketing and support department, I'd be looking for a new company to work for.
Very surprised that PC would make something like this. Maybe this is a bad one in the lot, maybe not. I'm just not willing to try another one.
If you ever need to cut into a wall to insert an electrical box... you need this tool.
I should probably give it a 4 1/2 if it was available, because there are a couple minor issues - but not enough to drop it from a 5. First, the tool gets pretty hot after just a minute or two. I have a tendency to "choke up" a bit on the tool by placing one hand fairly near the "business end". This gives me precise and fine control, but unfortunately, this is where the source of the heat is, and it becomes too hot to hold there after use.
You have to hold the unit further back, which does not give you as much control. If the tool could have been designed to allow this, it would have been perfect.
The other issue is the blades. Some of the competitors have teeth on the side, where these are only on the front tip. While you can move the blade to the side, this is not often the solution as it changes the blade orientation. There is an adapter so 3rd party blades can be used that I have not tried so that might be a solution. Otherwise, should Porter Cable make a "side cutting" blade, it would enhance the tool's usefulness.
But again, these things I consider minor, and I did not want to give it 4 stars as otherwise it is a great tool.
UPDATE (7/8/15): I've had the tool now for 8 months and still love what an oscillating tool can do. What I don't love is the case and the sanding backer pad. The case is a POS. Hinges are now coming apart and the handle comes off daily.
The sanding pad is a joke. All three corners are toast. The pad never did hold sandpaper well. The paper always rotates on it's own not holding it's position, thus the pad comes in contact with the sanding surface.
There are many other makers of the these oscillating tools. I think next time I will purchase a different brand. Not impressed with the overall quality here. Surprising for Porter Cable.
UPDATE (1/23/17): Tool died this weekend. Just just decided it was tired and quit. 2 years and 1 month old and it's toast. Looking now for a new one and guess what, it WON'T be a Porter Cable.