Check Out Our Turntable Store
Need a new record player? Check out our turntable store for a great selection of turntables, needles, accessories, and more.
LP (12" album, 33 rpm)
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Vinyl LP pressing. 2013 release, the third studio album from the colorful singer/songwriter. The album's first single 'Roar' topped the US Billboard Hot 100, while peaking at the top 10 of twenty-five countries. The album also includes 'Dark Horse' (featuring rapper Juicy J) and 'Walking On Air'. Producers and collaborators on Prism include Dr. Luke, Max Martin, Greg Kurstin, Cirkut and others.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These are my thoughts of each track:
1. Roar - (5/5) This is a great empowerment track. Of course this is a Katy Classic. This is catchy and is a nice car jam song.
2. Legendary Lovers - (5/5) This song is cool because it almost has tribal vibes. The fast sing rap is pretty amazing to. She is talking about relationships and saying that the relationship she is in could be legendary. Great song.
3. Birthday - (5/5) Another good track. I Know it is a typical sex song. It is catchy though.
4. Walking On Air - (5/5) This is another cool track. A lot of dance vibes. Katy songs good on this song. Instead of her using her belting on this song, she uses breathy vocals.
5. Unconditionally - (4/5) I like the chorus, and meaning of this song. The beat is cool to, this is not a favorite, but I still like the song.
6. Dark Horse (Feat. Juicy J) - A great trap style beat. High energy, and clearly was a favorite for most people when it came out.
7. This Is How We Do - (3/5) There is a part of me that likes the song and a part of me that doesn't. It is catchy, but there is some weak lyrics.
8. International Smile - (4/5) Not a favorite but it is catchy. And the switch up is very unexpected, but I like it.
9. Ghost - (5/5) - This Is a very great song about how a lover kind of just leaves the relationship emotionally. She is calling him a ghost or stranger, and says she sees through him. So now she is seeing him for what he truly is now.
10. Love Me - (5/5) This is one of my favorite tracks. I love the line in the chorus. "I am going to love myself the way I want you to love me." I never thought Katy could be really emotional or deep.
11. This Moment - (4/5) This is a cool song, it is good, but not a song I play a lot. I like the message, she is saying live for today and all we have is this moment.
12. Double Rainbow - (4/5) I like the double rainbow metaphor about seeing eye to eye in a relationship.
13. By The Grace Of God - (5/5) This song is touching, and has a dark story. She talks about almost committing suicide after a failed relationship. Because I used to have those thoughts to it connected with me a lot.
14. Spiritual - (5/5) This song is one of my all time favorites. Great beat. Then the chorus just hooks you in right away.
15. It Takes Two - (3/5) Tis song has a great message, and I love how Katy is being honest by saying both partners are to blame, instead of just one. I just wish the chorus hooked me in a little more.
16. Choose Your Battles - (5/5) Tis track is really well put together and it has another great message, and I love the drum beat in this song.
I at least like every track on this album in some way shape or form. There is no bad songs, which is usual on a Katy Perry album for me. I will say that eventhough this is as strong as her past albums, but what makes this album different is there is a lot of emotional meaning to majority of the songs. Where on her past albums she had a few meaningful tracks, and a bunch of dance songs.
Some people described this album as darker but, I disagree I think it is a very positive album overall. However, That Dark Horse song would be a lot better without that awful Rap in the middle, it is inappropriate and that Jeffery Dahmer line is absolutely disgusting. She should release an alternate version without that rap especially on the deluxe format lol.
In conclusion, This album is full of catchy songs that I find positive and fun to listen to, and I look forward to hearing more from Katy Perry for sure.
Another problem is that the picture record sleeves (which look AMAZING) are made out of cardboard and cardboard is NOT a good material for record sleeves .
The tracks themselves are really good and the album is amazing as a whole .
The LP's representation is well thought and definitely of a good quality .
If it weren't for the bad sound quality in almost half of the tracks ,this album definitely would have gotten 5 stars from me .
The Zinepak is great, the CD looks better than I expected, I thought it would be plain silver but it's a very reflective silver, very reminiscent of a PRISM. There are lyrics for every song on the album, short little messages, inspirations and dedications which were great to read. I definitely recommend this pack if you're a Katy Perry fan. Great value and you girls get a lot of extras: 3 Tattoos, Nail Decals, a Prism Planter, a Sample for Killer Queen and a PRISM patch. It's a shame there's no extras for me really, except for maybe the PRISM planter haha, but whatever it was worth it for the many pages of beautiful pictures and lyrics.
Most recent customer reviews
Love it great music!