Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 152 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 160 reviews
on December 12, 2013
For a less than $10 iron, this works great. I am an occasional sewer and needed something to press the seam allowances on fabrics. This is not as great as a professional iron, but gets the job done and done quite well. I rarely iron clothes (If it needs to be ironed I usually don't buy it) but when I need to this worked well on them too. Wrinkles come out easily...2 levels of steam or no steam...a dial to adjust based on fabric type...cord is nice and long (a huge plus as my outlets are spaced far apart in my apartment). Water is easy to add into the iron and it does not leak like other low end iron's I have purchased. Overall it works way better than I ever expected.
on May 2, 2013
I had bought this iron because my other one had stop working.This Non-Stick Iron works great and it is better than the Black and Decker I had before.
on August 9, 2017
I had to purchase this iron last week because I had accidentally dropped my other iron (also a Proctor Silex) on my hardwood floor and it exploded in spectacular fashion. So, onto Amazon I went and was happy to see this one, so I hit the buy button. Glad I did, this is a great iron!

I am very impressed with the level of steam, which is important when you're a quilter and have yards of fabric to iron. I attacked four yards of muslin, the shot of steam option was powerful and took out the deeper creases without a second thought. Its lightweight design allowed me to iron far longer than I was able to with my older Proctor Silex and I've had no leaks from the water chamber like others have commented on. It also sits very well on my ironing board, the connection from the cord to the iron is soft rubber, I've knocked into my board several times and the iron hasn't moved or fallen off.

While I am a little concerned there is no official 'off' switch, this isn't a problem for me since I have always unplugged my iron immediately once I am done working on whatever fabric or even clothes that need an iron.

Overall, I'm super thrilled with this iron and should I goof and drop this one and break it, I'll have no issue whatsoever buying this one again. If you're a quilter or make your own clothes and need a lot of steam, I really believe this iron will fit the bill. I love my iron and honestly can't wait to use it again.
on October 20, 2015
I'd like to say I love this but after going from a silver stone coated iron to this I am sorely disappointed. I thought because it said non-stick that it would be the same. My mistake. When it came I was very surprised by the weight of it, it feels very very light weight. It is very difficult to keep it standing upright on the ironing board. Next my other iron being silver stone slid easily over every material and no matter how high the temperature was it never scorched or melted any material. Silly me, I thought non-stick meant the same thing. WRONG!! Not only does it not mean non-stick it will melt the fabric of your clothing in 2 seconds flat. Seriously. I'm here to tell you that If I like something I'm going to tell you the honest truth. Check my reviews. But if I don't I'm also going to be just as honest and this iron is not worth the time or money. Now I've lost a brand new blouse that I had worn once and a brand new dress I had never worn. Don't make my mistake, pay the extra money and buy the good iron or steamer. It's not worth sacrificing your clothes.
on December 19, 2013
It heats up and works well enough, and the price is unbeatable. But the iron itself is just a bit too lightweight, and the rubber reinforcement at the cord is thick enough that it makes the iron difficult to set down flat on its base. It tends to topple over too easily. I haven't tried it loaded with water for spray/steam--maybe that would add weight and keep it steadier--but sometimes I just want to use a dry iron without worrying about water spilling out everywhere. The temperature dial is ok, but when you're (especially men with larger hands, maybe) using it, your hands may slide across that dial and change settings occasionally. But overall, a good value for a non-everyday use iron.
on November 12, 2014
It works as an iron, but that's about it. I will continue to use it because I have to use an iron only occasionally, so it's not worth it for me to invest in a replacement right now. I had a Black & Decker iron in the past that I bought for $19 in the past, and I was happy with it so I know sub-$20 irons can be better.

My problems:

1. The water leaks. It leaks so bad that I just don't bother with the steam/spray functions. I use a separate water sprayer.

2. Doesn't get hot enough for thicker cotton.

3. The positioning of where the electric cord joins the body is problematic. When you try to leave the iron standing with the plate facing front, it won't sit securely because the cord ends up jutting onto the bottom. As a result, the iron can tip over easily. That's a potential fire hazard.
on April 16, 2014
I was looking for an iron replacement for our current one which was no longer working. This came in a timely manner and works for it's purpose. It was smaller than I had expected it to be. But for the price it is hard to complain. It works well. I do wish it had an auto shut off but again for the price can't complain. It's good for use if you do not iron much which is why i bought it. Let's hope it lasts as long as my previous iron.
on February 24, 2014
I mean, it's an iron. It doesn't have to be super fancy, just functional, which it is. My only complaint is that the buttons for steam and spray are essentially one button split into two and it is very easy to accidentally press both or the wrong one. But, it isn't really a big deal to accidnetally steam instead of spray. Good buy for the price.
on April 19, 2014
I ordered this product with full confidence after reading the reviews. I paid $25 for it and was suppose to get it in 2-3 days (shipped by amazon) but it wasn't even brought to FedEx till 4.5 days after I placed the order and another 3 days to get it. I opened the package, to find the iron not only with noticeable back scratch/smudges, but were the was is suppose to be held at has broken holes. i can even put water in it, for the steam option which I need for my husband's uniforms. I am more than frustrated since I shouldn't have paid more than $5 for this broken piece of plastic and metal plate. The dollar tree would have sold a better quality and I NEVER complain about a product.
on May 22, 2017