Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PS2 Memory Card 128MB for Playstation 2
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on December 20, 2008
This card is huge. Basically sixteen 8 MB PS2 memory cards in one card. Had some issues saving Kingdom Hearts 2 on this card, but I basically just used one of my other 8 MB PS2 memory cards instead and copied the saved data from that card onto my 128 MB card and was just fine at saving more files after that. That's the one reason it's not 5 stars. Overall though, if you're worried this card won't work or something just make sure you got a 8 MB memory card handy. I do highly recommend getting this card. Every game I've saved on this card has worked just fine except KH2. Maybe even get 2 to back up all your saved data in case one card gets lost or destroyed. Hope this helps anyone thinking about getting this card
33 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2010
If you insert the card in your PS2 and it doesn't work, untighten the screws on the back of the card a bit. (there are 2). you will need a precision philips screwdriver.

Put the card into your PS2 and boom, it works! Someone else suggested this and it worked like a charm. Seems like they are tightened too much at the factory and in some way, it interrupts the memory on the card.

This card is great, holds a ton of memory, the most you'll need really. Haven't had a problem with it since. Fairly sturdy for what it is.
on February 21, 2009
I was hesitant to buy this memory card because of the inconsistent reviews of "my carrying case" memory cards, but this thing is working perfectly. Saves and Loads games with no problem. Sony made a fortune with their puny 8MB cards. This is the exact same dimensions, and it holds 128MB. It seems they ran out soon after I bought mine. Sorry! I would definitely recommend this company and their memory cards based on the price and mine working perfectly with every game I've played so far. I'll update this review if the status of my card changes.

*UPDATE*
Stopped working after a couple months of use. Sorry for the long delay in updating my review :^\
on May 25, 2009
When I saw it had 128mb I thought it would be great. Believe me, it is not, in fact it is awful. My PS2 won't recognize it, my games won't appear in my son's console, it says it is unformatted but when you try to format it, it won't work. I know it is cheap and gives you a lot of space but also a lot of trouble. My advice is get the SONY bundle(2 for $28), more expensive but quality guaranteed.
55 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2009
Most people don't relize that these cards
are massed produced,and put together tight.
The two very small phillips screw at the
backside just need to be loosen up in most
cases. just a little bit; enough so you can
hear or feel the memory board inside move.

Hope it worked for you.

take it easy,

Tony
on May 11, 2010
Be warned... the information page indicates that this is a Sony item, but not only is it a third-party item, but nowhere on the packaging does it indicate just who made it! (Stupid me for not carefully reading the reviews beforehand...)

By putting the package model number (HC2-10080) into a Google search, I found that nobody else seems to know the manufacturer either!

Plus, there are multiple reports of the memory being slow and unreliable. I might just have to return this... $20 for a knockoff, and a probable junk one at that? Hmm...

Amazon, change your manufacturer line... the Sony name doesn't belong there!
on December 13, 2009
Thanks for the person who suggested to loosen the screws on the back of the item. I, too, had trouble with the card - I certainly was thinking twice about buying. But what were the chances? Games would take forever to load and would often not find the required data, but would eventually when prompted several times. I took the suggestion of unscrewing the screws a little bit on the back of the card and have had no trouble so far. For those who have reviewed it negatively, give that a try!
on July 7, 2014
1st. We received 1, 64MB and 1, 128MB. It was supposed to be 2, 128MB. Neither are labeled like in the picture. We had to figure it out through card management. Which we then discovered that...

2nd. This is listed as new. We received used. One already had previous game saves on it.

I still need the cards, so I won't return them because they will do as I need them to. But it's either false advertising, or poor quality control.
on January 22, 2012
EDIT: This _is_ actually a 128Mb card according to my PS2. However, apparently some games aren't able to see that much space. Persona 3 FES, for example, calls it an 8Mb card. Otherwise, it appears to be a good value for the money. If your games do not have difficulty with the size, then go for it. (End of edit 28 Jan 2012)

If you think the price is good for an 8mb memory card, then by all means, go ahead. Although the card and the packaging are both labeled as 128mb, unless you are more fortunate than I, you will find yourself with no more than 8mb when you insert it into the PS2. Funny that the guys at the local game store had never even heard of a 128mb card for PS2.
on November 16, 2013
(Watch video for demonstration on how the card works and shows how to the card reads on the PS2)

One of the most amazing things is when you can, not only find new ways to bring your old consoles back to life, but go even further and find ways to STILL find more uses. Ever since the Playstation and beyond, companies have put out tons of items that help give new life to an old thing.

This memory card is no exception to that rule. I have had this memory card for well over a year now and it has not failed me yet. (This is not to imply that it will last forever, you should always make backups just in case) Imagine now being able to save ALL your game saves on 1 memory card instead of having to look for spare room on an existing 8-meg memory card. Being able to hold 16x more than what a normal memory card can is pretty remarkable. Although there have been a few odd moments that make this a bit of a... well... not so much a problem as it's more of an annoyance.

(One example of annoyance you will have to deal with is that certain games will "READ" your card first before it will "WRITE" to the card to save. This can take as much as 2-3 minutes before it will finally do anything, and that can cause a problem if either you are not a patient person or you suddenly get a power spike to hit while in the middle of a save where it READS before it WRITES.)

Other than that, the card works on just about every game I have played (Numbering 150+ games on my PS2)

Overall, all I can say is I have not had that much of a problem with it and it has kept working for well over 1 year now. Of course, like any electronic device, experiences will vary from person to person. But for the price, you can't beat it.