Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 373 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 400 reviews
on June 20, 2012
I am currently using this to connect my old dualshock PS1 controller to my pc for games that are better with controllers and for PS1 emulation. Works perfectly in win 7 64 bit, windows automatically detects it, though I had to search for drivers in order to get the vibration function working. After a quick googling, I found the drivers. You can download them here: [...]/setup.rar

Really should have come with a link to the drivers or a little cd, but I found them relatively quickly so I don't mind.
Anyways, i'm not sure how well this works on the Ps3, but if you are looking for a way to hook up an old ps1 or ps2 controller to your computer, this works fantastically.
1010 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
I ordered these to offset the cost of having 4 controllers for my PS3. I had PS2 controllers from way back. I sort of expected these to be temporary...I was wrong. I was initially impressed by how solid these felt. The cord had thickness to it, much like the original controller cord. Also the connection wasn't a lose plug with the controller connector. Great solid fit, and quality build. Again I was impressed. There was no configuration settings to deal with - nothing I had to do on the PS3 -- Plug-n-Play. This was a great solution for cutting the cost of getting all new wireless controllers. I would recommend anyone that's had a PS2 or can find controllers cheap -- to go ahead and get these. These are also great as a replacement for when the batteries are dead on wireless controllers.
And the price was RIGHT - ON.
on September 5, 2016
so i bought a new dance pad for DDR for PC but the pads only output was a PS2 connection. i got the device because it was the first one i saw and it was an impulse buy. the second i got it, i tested it out, it worked for about 20 min, then in the middle of a song, it stopped working completely. i didn't know what to do, i should have contacted the company but no i was dumb and spend the next couple days trying to see if i could fix it or at least figure out why it stopped working. by the time i figured out that most of the connections inside the ps2 end of the cable had gone bad, it was already to late to say something and get it resolved and for the money i spent, i didn't really care all that much, i just went to my local game stop and they gave me one that was better built for about $10 and i am still using that to this day

overall, just don't by it, from this one experience, be warned.
on May 4, 2015
Works great and for 4$ + free shipping (when i got i) it's definately a deal. however after 4 months it seems to have issues with keeping a connection now. When playing ff14 it'l disconnect ( as happened while I was typing this review) and with this usb you have to unfortunately reconfigure EVERY time you disconnect the usb or your character runs around crazily. It only takes 10-20 seconds but when done 1-5 times a day it gets irritating really fast.

Ordering another one but estimate says 3+ weeks for delivery

edit: Ordered two more october 1st and tested them when they got here. one doesn't register at all and unlike in the past the second one registers as a ps3 controler. not a USB joystick controller...subsequently the directional keys won't work which i really need as thats half my hots bars :/ Also when i ordered the first two it did NOT say anything about PS3 compatability. It just stated it was an usb adapter.
on October 21, 2013
It isn't the best-looking of the adapters available, and the converter element looks like some hobby box with a sticker covering up whatever holes are there, but if you simply want to use a single PS* controller on your PC, then this particular adapter will work rather nicely.

Not sure about multitap support, but you should be able to plug one in and work multiple controllers on it. No software came with this particular adapter that allows definition of players, so a multitap may not work for it. Ideal for PlayStation emulation, accepts analog mode (Back when switching between digital 8-way and analog was a big deal), overall a worthwhile purchase that exceeded whatever little expectations I had for it.

Technical specifications;
All measures are rough:
- 1x PlayStation controller input connector
- 1x USB output connector
- 1x adapter unit (Handles conversion), 1.3' x 1'
- 2x pieces of wire;
- From PS connector to adapter unit, 3'
- From adapter unit to USB connector, 10'
- 1x odd sticker labelled "CONVERTER"

Pros: If you're playing with yourself, then this adapter is pretty alright. I will update this with more information as time goes on to test rumble support and stuff like that.
Cons: My particular unit recognizes two inputs? I assume one is either for a second player, using a controller chip to support two players or whe plugged into PC, it simultaneously functions as both a PlayStation 3 and PC connector and they're both being caught by Windows under the same name. Regardless, makes setup in certain instances a little bit harder.
on February 9, 2016
Seems to be decent quality however the reason I bought these was to hook up my PS2 Guitar Hero Guitars to my PS3 to play PS3's Guitar Hero and unfortunately it didn't work because apparently the button mapping is a lot different between the two systems. I read somewhere on the internet that there is a version of this Adapters that will work for the PS2 guitars on PS3 but it wasn't this one. These were cheaper when I purchased them around $5 a piece so I'm only out $10 and quite frankly I'm sure I'll find something to use them for in the future.
on October 30, 2016
This worked perfect with my two different Raspberry Pi 3's. I tried 2x PS1 dual shock controllers, and 2x PS2 controllers and all work as expected. You can even set the left stick AND left D-Pad to work at the same time (which you can't do on the actual PS controllers when they're plugged into a PS1 for example). I bought 4 other versions of these and NONE worked with the Raspberry Pi. Worked on my Mac running 10.11 El Capitan as well (might have been Sierra 10.12 when I tested, not 100% positive).
on September 19, 2013
i don't understand why persons have issues with this adapter. i plugged in the ps2 controller to the adapter and plugged the adapter in the pc and voila, it works perfectly (knock on wood). win 7 loaded the driver automatically with no issues whatsoever. when i want analogue capabilities, i press the analogue button and presto, it's done. i have only tested it with ps and ps2 emulators so i can't attest to its functioning on other pc games or on the ps3. i think that you should use a ps3 controller for the ps3 and wired controllers limits mobility and distance. the one i got has the connector for the ps2 and usb with no bulb thing in the middle. i would recommend this to anyone who want an adapter for their ps2 controllers for the pc. since i did no testing on the ps3, i don't know its capabilities.
on January 3, 2016
I've been using this for almost a year now, and it still works wonderfully. It doesn't quite look like the product in the picture, however - the cable is longer (about 2 feet long), and has a small box about two thirds along its length. I bought it to use with a PS1 controller, and with the proper software, you can use your PlayStation controllers in many games using this converter cable.

The adaptor itself is quite sturdy so far, though I haven't really touched it since plugging in my controller, so it hasn't been under much mechanical strain.
on November 30, 2016
This did not work. It did connect but, the buttons were all mixed up. I asked the community and everyone said it was defective. I was only trying to play Sly Cooper 4, so it wasn't a complicated game. X was O. Up/down was left/right. Start and R1 didn't work at all. That is just to name a few problems. Amazon did agree to give me a credit for POS.