Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on March 26, 2013
I like it. It does exactly what I need it to do, and the blinking light on the receiver (plugged into the PS2) blinks when the controller goes to sleep (if you let it sit for more than a few minutes - like during a long cut scene). I do like that battery saving feature and it's very easy to "wake up" the controller again. The buttons are not marked like PS2 original devices, but that's minor.

The one thing I didn't like was how blasted tight the battery backing is in there. Be very careful when you open it to put in batteries, as the hooking closure may snap off. I was lucky enough to find mine and fit it in, and it keeps the batteries in, but it's a real pain to change anything out because that little piece is broken and the tension when you release it can send it airborne. I'd suggesting using a very thin, small flathead screwdriver to get it out.
on August 14, 2014
We received this controller on Tuesday evening. We used it for about an hour. On Wednesday it was used for approximately two hours. When we plugged it in the next time that evening it would not work. We replaced the batteries (although they were not dead), verify that the sensor was plugged in correctly and even googled troubleshooting for it. Nothing worked. The PS2 was not recognizing that the sensor was plugged in. All the prongs in the sensor are straight & it was connected properly. As it has been less than 48 hours that we have had this controller, I will be returning it. Going to invest in the Sony brand wireless controller.
on February 12, 2014
After waiting for a while, I received it and it wont connect to my Playstation 2. I wouldn't recomend this unit to anyone. To much hassle to ship back. It's a not very useful paperweight. I only like the Playstation 2 gaMES such as Bejewled or some of the other similar games. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
2 people found this helpful
on July 11, 2012
I bought this wireless controller because it looked like an original PS2 controller, I almost felt like it was going to be like a PS3 controller. When I got it, it was a completely different controller, actually a different wireless controller that's posted on Amazon. So I was "ok I guess that picture was a fluke to get people to buy it." But when I started using it I switched to a real PS2 controller shortly after. The delay time between when I pressed the button and what happened on the controller was horrible. Almost half a second. I don't have the version pictured here, but mine is horrible!
on July 10, 2013
Received the controller today from CostBuy, nicely packaged in a clam shell case. Brand name says 'Hydra', made in China. Exact copy of the standard PS2 controller, which in my opinion, is the most perfect controller ever made. The wireless unit takes 2 AAA batteries to power up. As to how many hours it will last, I cannot say as yet. You plug the receiver unit into your controller input. There is an on & off switch on the controller. And you are ready to go.
7/18/2013 - I am finding out this controller has problems with certain games now. Playing RADIATA STORIES (PS2), and the controller is acting up every time I try to run diagonally. It makes the character 'walk' instead of run. It is also making the character walk without using the analog stick. As to whether this malfunction is only happening with this particular game, I do not know as yet. But, had to switch back to my regular controller to play this particular title.
7/29 - There are more games that this controller will not function properly with. I am inclined now, not to recommend it.
4 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 6, 2013
Sorry for the negative review, but not only that it's a peace a crap but also the R1, R2, L1 and L2 buttons are reversed. What makes it even worst, that it now givin' me problems, cause I was playing one of my favorite racing games, for some reason this thing goes of by itself, made my racer drive on sides by of the road. So I wouldn't reccomand this, stick with the wired controllers. And don't waste your money to get batteries for it. As a matter of fact, I'm goin' back to wired controllers.
One person found this helpful
on November 16, 2014
PS2 Wireless Controller iI still play PlayStation 2 games a Wireless Controller is so much better than a Wired one.My old Wireless Controller final died.I still have my original PlayStation LOL don't play it still have some games for it.
on December 27, 2012
the controller did not work at all I put new batteries did not work try my other ps2 and ps3 just in case that it was the 1st ps2 fault
but it was the controller I just put it in the trash can it will cost me more for returning it to the seller but I guest I got what I pay for
One person found this helpful
on September 11, 2013
This works alright, the buttons are very sticky and need some force to push. The joysticks are the exact opposite of the buttons, they are extremely sensitive. The controller stays connected very well and reliable. Overall this controller works well with games that do not need precision.
on August 7, 2011
I rarely give such negative reviews, I don't enjoy doing that. But when a product is so bad, sometimes I feel inclined. This controller looks ALOT like a PS2 controller. But do not be fooled, it does not play ANYTHING like a real PS2 controller. I've played many third party controllers over my time, I've played some really terrible ones over the years. This is THE WORST controller I've ever played. I bought this for the main reasons most people would buy this, its a wireless PS2 controller and it looks just like the real PS2 controller. Thats the only good things about this controller. Its built horribly cheap, it feels like it weighs almost nothing. It makes the real PS2 controller seem heavy. It takes a while to actually get the thing to work, at first I thought it was sync problem, but actually appears that the On/Off circut board which is very cheaply popping out the botton of the controller, is simply poorly made, I had to keep turning it on and off before it finally recognized. The battery setup is not any better, the batteries barely fit, it was a very cheap mold they used to let you put the batteries in. Finally, once you get past the mess of getting it started up, then you have to deal with the buttons not working or being very unresponsive. Every button, trigger, bumper, stick is bad on this thing. The D-Pad and front face buttons are probably the worst. My start button on this controller would stick alot. This is a big piece of junk, I returned it, something I rarely do but this is broken beyond redemption.
86 people found this helpful