Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

PS3 Collector's/Limited Edition???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2012, 1:02:20 PM PST
Yukikaze says:
Just wondering if anyone knew for a fact if there will be a PS3 Collector's or Limited Edition?

If so, amazon really needs to add a page for that.

Thanks,

Posted on Nov 22, 2012, 12:32:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012, 12:33:53 PM PST
It's still up in the air. There was a JP interview posted today that talked about there being a pre-order bonus for both the Collector's Edition & PS3 version (Kinda like how they had Onion Helm & Garlond Goggles for CE & Standard editions for 1.0). Have to wait for official announcement I guess.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 8:09:34 AM PST
Redskyze says:
They'll decide on that once they pin down a solid release date. Right now ARR is in global Alpha with the PC beta coming in the next couple of months along with the PS3 beta, then we should get a solid release date. If Square Enix is Square Enix, I wouldn't doubt a CE will exist, so for now just pay attention to FinalFantasyXIV.com for any new news. I hope that helps.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013, 10:18:17 PM PST
ErgoProxy says:
I would really like a Artbook, no in-game item crap please.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013, 9:42:44 AM PDT
Dan F. says:
I wouldn't want in game stuff either, especially if it involves starting over on a character like the previous items did. Maybe a fun figurine too.

Posted on May 23, 2013, 9:00:00 AM PDT
It has now been confirmed! There *WILL* be a FFXIV Collector's Edition for PS3!

http://theslanted.com/2013/05/5448/final-fantas-a-realm-reborn-pre-order-incentives-announced/

Your mileage may vary, but I'm absolutely going to buy this one for the extras. The bonus video disc that gives the story so far from FFXIV version 1.0 and music from the Final Fantasy series easily justify this purchase for me despite the fact that I bought the PC collector's edition prior to 1.0's release. Some folks will be more interested in the art book, but I've never cracked the spine of an art book in a collector's set in the past and I don't expect that I will start. Can't wait to see everyone in game!

Posted on May 23, 2013, 9:24:03 AM PDT
Dranio Neron says:
Art books generally sell me on collector's editions, it's my favorite part followed by soundtracks. Still considering, but most likely going to get the PS3 collector's edition. I also bought the 1.0 Collector's edition, but I wouldn't mind the Option to play on my PS3 if something were to break in my PC for some reason (it's getting old, probably time for a new one now, comming up on 5 years since I built it I think.)

Posted on May 23, 2013, 10:14:28 AM PDT
Rizon538 says:
SE announced a trlease date of 27 Aug 2013 for both the PC and the PS3 versions of FFXIV: ARR. Appears that the collector's Edition will contain the same items for both platforms. Pre-orders are now available through SE. Since I have had the PS3 version backordered since Aug 2010 I will wait til it appears here and upgrade to the Collector's Edition. Full details can be found at the following location http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/index.html.

Posted on May 23, 2013, 1:45:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2013, 1:46:56 PM PDT
R. Cooper says:
The special edition can be pre-ordered from Amazon as well:

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition - Playstation 3

Additionally, people who registered the special edition for the original 2010 release will automatically get the in-game bonuses for this special edition (and yes, they can be received by your existing characters). More info about the transition from version 1.0 to 2.0 can be found here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=14019fb32d90859f118dccb8cd96bf81c212957d

Posted on May 24, 2013, 9:28:35 PM PDT
Vile Eighty says:
I just pre-ordered it and it came out to about $87 dollars. Is this shit even worth it? I mean, promo items in these FF MMOs have historically been miserably useless so I have very little in faith in the Helm of Light, I already have my old token still registered from FFXI (because if you un-register it, you will never be able to re-register it and it becomes a piece of useless junk), and I'd rather use my Goobbue to show off with than the Coeurl!

The behemoth barding is pretty neat, though, I guess. And the physical stuff seems solid. Still, almost ninety dollars...

Posted on Jul 7, 2013, 10:21:55 AM PDT
Book Wolf says:
I've been playing the beta as a beta tester and I have to say this game is awesome and addictive and in my opinion totally worth it.

Posted on Jul 8, 2013, 10:58:32 AM PDT
I'm playing the beta and loving it, too. I've also pre-ordered the CE. Mostly I want the Chocobo barding and the DVD.

Posted on Jul 8, 2013, 10:28:15 PM PDT
E. Babilonia says:
I want the art book with designs by Yoshida. -drools-
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about