Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Features Separate Left And Right Audio Plugs For Connection To An Amplifier Or Hi-fi
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Sony 98044 Playstation3 Component Av Cable
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you have a PS3, then your best bet is HDMI. It's all digital and provides the best clarity. In addition, it is only one single cable for video and audio as opposed to 5 separate connections. There would be no point to buy this cable for your PS3 and HDTV unless you have a first-generation HDTV that does not have a HDMI or DVI input (if you have a DVI input, you can buy a cable or adapter that allows HDMI to DVI connections).
If you have a Playstation 2, this cable is great to use for 480P (progressive scan output) or for usage with Gran Turismo in 1080i mode. Component is also noticeably clearer than S-Video or Composite out. If you don't have a HDTV though, the difference with component versus S-video or composite is not nearly as noticeable and may not be worth it.
Now onto the Sony component cable itself.
- excellent quality
- the cable is very flexible and routes easily. It doesn't remain in a twisted or coiled form like some other cables
- the component jacks go easily into the TV. They are sized great and go in easily. I've used Monster-branded component cables for the PS2/PS3, and they require too much force to go in and out of the jacks. It felt like it was putting too much undue stress on the TV jacks.
- the MultiAV connector goes in very tight into the PS2/PS3
- cable rubber / plastic is high quality and doesn't feel sticky or smelly like some other cables.
- the packaging is over the top. Sony used heavy thick clear plastic as the box. It's difficult to cut open, and an environment disaster. This item is a perfect candidate for Amazon's Frustration Free packaging.
P.S. If you have trouble getting output with this cable, make sure in the PS2 setup, the component out is set to CYPbPr rather than RGB. The catch-22 is that you can't see the screen to set this with the component cable already plugged in. However, all PS2s come with the basic composite AV cable, so you should use this to set the component out first before plugging in the component AV cable.
I also tried a Gamestop brand component cable for PS3 and trust me, if it's not Sony brand, you don't want it. Those cables are cheaply made and are not gold plated, so information travels slower. The result is much darker whites and severe blurring around the edges of images that almost looks like a shadow. Retailers get you to buy their cheap brand for a similar price by just not carrying any Sony brand cables. Spend the same amount of money and order a set of Sony brand cables, you won't regret it.
This cable works great. I found it cheaper elsewhere but that source was sold out. Amazon didn't want too much more for it and had it in stock. Before buying this cable I was limping my PS3 along with a composite cable. The image quality as I'm sure you can imagine was garbage. Composite just can't deliver but component can.
My older TV recognizes the signal as 1080i, which in theory component is capable of. The picture is very sharp and clear with with good detail. While I did not do a true side-by-side comparison, it looks as good as what a HDMI cable could deliver. Very happy to have this cable.