Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on May 22, 2014
One of the main reasons I purchased this cable over others on Amazon was the fact that it used black bands on the casings that would make it easier to quickly identify the video vs audio cables (specifcally the red). I didn't want to have to trace the cables to figure out which was which. The item arrived and had solid colored connector casings defeating the purpose of spending an extra dollar. It was also a different brand than listed and had nickel plated connectors as opposed to the gold or copper shown (although, in all fairness, the description didn't say what kind of connections were used--but they were visually different than what I received. I'll be posting pictures to this listing.

I decided to see if it worked to see if it was worth the effort of exchanging it. The cable was DOA. I did a decent amount of testing to make sure it couldn't have been anything else (testing other things in the TVs component port and trying the standard composite cable to test the PS3).

I'd recommend looking for a different cable. This one seems to be sub-standard and you'll be taking a gamble on what you get.
review imagereview image
on February 19, 2014
I'm usually pretty lucky when it comes to electronics.. I often see reviews that state 'such and such' doesn't work, don't buy it.

Well, I have to say...this cord is awful. The actual connection to the device is loose (so I had to keep adjusting and wiggling it just to GET a picture)...after it was all secure, color was washed out so one of the cords was not working....

I went to Wal-Mart, picked up a $20 cord and it works perfectly. Tried so save a bit of money, ended up wasting $10 on this one. P
on August 6, 2014
I bought these and got a big old box of disappointment. The Component cables i got where the out of the ps3 box cables. and whats worse was the fact that they are already broken.. the only color i get when i run my PS3 through these is green and its hard to play RPG's where your health bar is red when all you have is a massive gray blob. Spend the extra money and buy a decent set of HDMI/S-video cables and spare yourself the disappointment. -5/10
on July 21, 2014
The cable did "work" on my older HDTV but it had some ghosting issues. By that I mean you can see a duplicate of what's on the screen just slightly shifted an inch or two... but it was not enough to stop me from using it. I found an older PS2 Component cable that I forgot I had and it ended up working perfectly.
on August 31, 2013
I tried these with 2 different TV's and 2 different Playstation 3's. I went into the menu and told my ps'3 to broadcast on component. I had to stop using HDMI because I have a little known glitch where the HDMI cable constantly resets my Sony Bravia, but I can get Component output working just fine. These cables simply did not work. My tv would recognize that there was an input plugged in but would display no picture or sound, I borrowed my friends cables and got perfect sound and picture.
on September 2, 2014
This cable was terrible quality. There was lost of Ghosting in the screen, some colors are better than others. Once I plugged the HDMI back in, I could tell a huge difference. The Component cable is blurry from far away too, just an awful cable. I could not recommend buying this.
on July 28, 2012
I recently bought this and it arrived at my house fine. I pluged it in and then i noticed i could only hear the sound out of my left ear cup on my headset, i later then realized when i moved the ps3 component cable i could hear out of the right one so i had to get duct tape to fix it. Overall if your looking for a ps3 component cable DONT BUY THIS yours may be broken or worse
on October 3, 2014
Don't buy from Games America. Their cable is knockoff copy made in China - It stopped working with in a few days of use . It is also shipped to you from China which takes several weeks.
on January 28, 2014
Product was here fast but when I opened it up it was the cheaper version. Not what it showed in the picture. I could have gotten this one for a couple bucks. Not impressed. I have called amazon and am getting a full refund.
on May 15, 2015
it does not work using component connections from play station 3 to tv.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question