Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "PS3 Move Power Stand” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 41% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
PS3 Move Power Stand
- Charges 2 Sixaxis or DualShock3 controllers, 2 PlayStation Move motion controllers and 2 PlayStation Move navigation controllers.
- Plugs into your PS3 to add 4 additional USB ports
- Allows you to charge up to 10 devices at once!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
This powered stand (it has it's own AC adapter) allows me to charge all 6 controllers at the same time. The charging docks use colored LED lights to inform you of each controller's status. Red means charging, alternating red/blue indicates it's 95% done, and blue lets you know it's 100%. There are three pairs of docks, each specifically designed to fit one of the three types of controllers. This means you can't charge more than two dualshocks in the docks at the same time, for example, though. On the other hand, while two controllers charge in the docks, you could attach 5 more via USB.
Yep, this stand also adds a net 3 additional USB ports to a PS3 system. The stand has 4 USB ports on the bottom right side, and there's a short cable which comes out of the bottom front of the stand and plugs into one of the PS3 console's two USB ports. So, you end up with a total of 5 usable USB ports -- 4 on the stand, and one on the PS3.
I'll keep my eye camera plugged in all the time and still have 4 other ports free for use. For example, I can plug in all the Guitar Hero instruments when I want, and not have to unplug the eye and/or not be able to charge my controllers. One can also use these ports to charge other USB devices, like cell phones, MP3 players, and bluetooth headset. The instructions specifically state, however, the USB ports will NOT charge Apple products, like iPod and iPhone.
I'd knock this product down half a star, if I could, because the charging docks are not "smart;" you can't store controllers in the docks indefinitely.Read more ›
My needs were to charge multiple DUALSHOCK controllers, 2 MOVE "Wands", and a MOVE Navigation controller... while also keeping the PS3 SLIMs USB slots free.
This device does all of this perfectly.
A few notible facts to consider:
1. The A/C adapter has a semi-large size at the plug (about 3"x2"x1"). This made life a bit painful when plugging it into the power strip.
2. This charges 2 MOVE "wands" & 2 MOVE Nav controllers. These items are not the same size so the charging slots are specific to the controller type.
3. You CAN charge the MOVE controllers with the lanyard attached but NOT with a silicon "skin".
4. This holds the SLIM loosely (nothing "snaps" into place) but there is NO way your PS3 falls over unless your house flips upside down.
When originally looking for a charging station, I read the reviews from other dreamGEAR products. I was a bit skeptical after reading of many issues with a lack of power supply charging ability and durability. And since dreamGEAR only offers a 120-day warranty, I am still skeptical but very hopeful. I will update if this fails.
- The stand does not lay flat so one would have to do tinker with it to make it stay level;
- The charger uses USB plugs for the move controllers and not the contacts. This can induce unnecessary wear and tear and you have to spend time aligning the controllers so that they fit into the charges. Sometimes this goes quickly and sometimes it does not. From convenience point of view, I don't want to deal with it when I can simply slide it in with other chargers;
- My understanding is that the charger does not shut off automatically when the controller is fully charged but only provides an indication of. If that is true, this also can put unnecessary wear and tear onto your controller so one has to check on the charge progress.
These inconveniences combined with two bad units that I received made me give up on this products at this time and go with Sony's move charger which presents to me less problems than this one. I still believe that the idea behind it is great and if the improvements in the design are made, I will consider it in the future.
Key things to be aware of:
1. this product only works for the ps3 slim and not the original model
2. unfortunately this product does not have smart chargers meaning that if you leave your controllers in it with the power still on, it will over charge your controllers and shorten the life of their batteries.(this can be solved by just hitting the power switch on the front and that will stop the charging)
3. the ports for the move controllers are not compatible with each other meaning that you cant charge 4 navigation controllers or 4 move controllers. the ports are different sizes only allowing 2 of each kind!
All in all this product is very satisfying. the price is unbelievable too. sony released its own 2 port charger that only charges 1 of each controller for 30 bucks. for the same price, buy this product with double that of sony's products, an extra 2 controller chargers, a usb hub(4 additional ports), and a vertical stand. why wouldnt you buy this? all of its features work perfectly. i give it a perfect score!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wish we bought this years ago. It does a great job of organizing/storing the PS3 accessories. It is well thought out and constructed nicely.Published 5 months ago by M. Rackouski
Does everything as advertised. I have now consolidated all my controllers, have a place to store them together, and get them all charged at the same time. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Jamison Johnson
FIVE STARS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE THE GUY WAS AMAZING .... the product didnt turn on the button may have been defective o stars for product not workingPublished 7 months ago by LadyWicca
Very good product but i think they should integrate a power supply for the PS as well with this device and also include an auto shutoff when the devices are charged fully, hence... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Chi008