Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony Vertical Stand - PlayStation 4
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on March 12, 2014
For those railing against Sony for this, Sony is not charging $100 for this item, the retailer is. This exact Sony product can be found in stores for the actual retail price of $19.99. This inflated price is the fault of resellers trying to make a profit off the scarcity of the item. Do not buy.
22 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2014
As stated in this review title, the retail price of this stand is actually only $20 — I’m not sure why it’s listed so highly on Amazon. I don’t know which stores carry these (the Walmart near me didn’t have any), but I found mine on eBay for about $25. I would recommend trying there, but as always with eBay, be careful of what you purchase, and from whom.

As for the stand itself, it’s great. This is the official Sony-designed vertical stand for the PS4. The other stands I’ve seen seem to be of poor quality, and don’t secure the PlayStation properly. This stand is very sturdy, and uses a locking mechanism combined with two rubber-padded pegs to hold the PS4 steady; it doesn’t wobble or shake, so there’s very little danger of your PlayStation falling over.

As most PS4 stands I’ve seen run you around $20 anyhow, this is the best value you can find — assuming you don’t buy from Amazon.

Looking at the competition, I personally would have been willing to pay $40 for this stand if I had to. Five stars, two thumbs up.
review image review image
on February 28, 2014
Yes as the title says I actually walked into my local GameStop and found this sitting in the counter, so I bought it for 19.99, it looks just perfect and lock itself perfectly into the PS4, I'm just lucky poachers didn't get to it first.

If you are looking to buy this stand, then you should probably just start looking for it at you local gaming stores, because as good as it is, it's just not worth 100 dollars.
on March 21, 2016
Idk if this is a legit sony ps4 stand or maybee it was broken somehow but it did not fit perfectly on my ps4. Go to walmart there 20 bucks there.
on April 8, 2016
Ended up not using it because of how unstable it is. Don't waste your time or money
on December 16, 2015
I bought this since this is being said as "Official Sony" products, although it is a lot more expensive than other similar/multi-function stands.
It fits the console good, however, it is not sturdy when it is stood with the console attached.
There is a little bit of gap between this stand and the surface where it is placed, so it wobble a little when I touch the console.
In spite of this, I do not regret buying this, since it is compact and looks good.
The problem mentioned above is not serious. It's just not perfect.
on January 19, 2016
Got this officially licensed ps4 stand and was very happy until I laid it flat and it was very wobbly and unstable as it rocks back and forth to the touch. I would never attach my ps4 on it I fear it would tip over easily. Now I have to waste my time and money to ship it back at my own cost not the sellers( Iromep Inc). I just basically wasted $20.99 as I'm going to just throw it away in the trash and not even bother going through the hassle of returning as I'm very busy between work, my family, school and amongst so many other things. I believe this to be a knock off or a replica from China as I don't believe Sony would send this out without inspection. I guess the price is to good to be true and now I'm out $21 bucks and need to get another stand because I need to make room in my entertainment center. Not happy at all about the end results...pretty bogus if you ask me. I would stay away from this stand and seller as other reviews stated they had the same problem. Should have read them before this purchase. (Iromep Inc) the vendor made out with my cash and I have nothing to show for it but the stand in the recycling bin. Do yourself a favor and pass on this stand trust me.
on January 2, 2016
Not sure how I feel about this. I bought 2 of them for the 2 ps4 systems in our home. One of them wouldn't turn on and through research we found that because the fan is on the bottom, Sony recommends putting the system in a vertical stand to allow the heat to ventilate. Since putting them in the stands, the ps4 hasn't had anymore issues, but I'm a little concerned about leaving them in a vertical position as they look like they could easily fall over. Especially if the kids playing with it are excitable and jump around. I'm afraid all it will take is one small bump and it will fall and possibly damage the system. I wish the platform on the stand was longer in the opposite direction or was criss-cross for more stability. So far so good, but I'm still worried. What I really wish is that the fan was on the sides or tops so that it could sit horizontally. Design flaw on Sony's part.
on February 21, 2016
Product was exactly as described and supports the ps4 in a vertical position very well. Sony took the effort and time to create ample airways at the base of the stand, so the system would have no problem maintaining its proper core temperature during gameplay sessions. I can happily report that after a 4+ hour gaming session, the ps4 system was still very much cool to the touch.

As a side note. Please make sure to keep the stand free from any dust that could potentially block or hinder the airways at the base of the stand. If too much dust accumulates, your system may experience an increase in its core temperature which may cause overheating.
on December 26, 2015
It has no directions and a picture on the box that is useless.