Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,978 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,089 reviews
on July 6, 2015
I use this to switch between my Amazon Fire Stick and my Xbox as my TV is hung on the wall and makes it impossible to reach the hdmi ports on the TV. So I just unplug the hdmi cable from the Xbox and plug in my Fire Stick and vice versa. Makes the process super easy.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 30, 2015
This was my very first Amazon purchase ever!! Lol I purchased this to marry or join two HDMI cables instead of buying one new longer one. I was hooking up a projector more than 55 feet away and I already had two 30ft HDMI cables and it seemed like my best, most safe bet!

This female/female coupler was and still is amazing!!! It works without any issues and does not lack any quality in sound or picture!

The cables fit and feel firm and secure within the coupler and a couple years later it still works and doesn’t even seem used!!!

Click yes if this review was helpful. If not, or if you have a question, leave a comment and I'll answer you!
on March 2, 2016
Great low price product. I needed this to extend my 50ft hdmi cable a few more feet where i had run it in the wall. Both ends plug in with no issues the the product seems to be well made and sturdy. Ive plugged and unplugged the device a few times and the pins inside seem to be well made. The HDMI connection fits firmly when connect and wont come loose. Can have this connector hanging from one HDMI to the other HDMI and not have to worry about it ever pulling loose. Even have had my cat brush up against it and it remains connected. first one worked great so ordered a second one for use in another room. No reason to pay the high cost from retail stores and still able to get 1080p. I have been using this product for the last few months and cant even tell. Picture quality is exactly the same no loss in picture resolution. Not able to test 4k resolution as i do not have a 4k tv or a 4k blue ray player. Also can not speak if it works with 3d tv as I do not have a 3d tv player. If i find any issues will update this report to include that in this review. Any questions feel free to ask and will post a reply. It works perfectly and could not ask for anything more out of this product. No reason to buy a longer cable when you can extend two short cables.
on June 5, 2016
I needed to extend the wire on my Chromecast. I mistakenly first tried a USB extension (to extend the wire on the USB power source), but USB can be very tricky and the voltage drops when it is extended, the unit would not boot completely. Chromecast has a tiny could inches of HDMI hard wired into it, so the only option is an extension. This is a nice slick, cheap way to make this thing work and properly reach my wall mounted TV. HDMI cords are cheap also, but if you're like me, you've got half a dozen unused ones for some reason :).
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 6, 2016
Got a non working unit. Was making enough of a connection to register, but no signal on screen. Connection had lots of play, too. Seller gave a refund easily enough.

Other options:

3m (10ft) HDMI extension cable:
kenable HDMI 1.4 High Speed 3D TV Extension Lead Male to Female Cable 3m (~10 feet)

2-pack of HDMI couplers for only a bit more:
2 Pack Premium Gold HDMI Female to Female In-Line Coupler M-AV003

Take your pick.
on March 10, 2014
I'm using this to connect a Chromecast to an HDMI cable so that I can distance the Chromecast from the back of my TV/entertainment system to get the best wifi signal possible. This works great for that.

Another thing this is good for is being a sacrificial disconnect point. My household has a lot of children and people that like to constantly unplug one thing and plug in another thing to the HDMI ports on our entertainment system so they can use the surround sound. My problem with that is since they do it so damn much the ports have jiggled a bit free of the circuit board on the inside of the system Now the slightest bump of the cables and you lose signal completely and the TV goes black. If they continued to plug and unplug the HDMI cables i imagine one day it'll just break and we'll have to shell out another few hundred for a new system. No thanks. Instead i just keep the cables plugged in and put this on the end of them so they can plug and unplug directly from these couplers. I don't mind buying extra Amazon Basics HDMI cables and these matching couplers so I can save our expensive entertainment system from breaking.

I'm sure there are other uses but this is what i use em for. They do great and are cheap. Enough said.
on January 22, 2017
I bought this connected in order to move my Roku device from a direct connection into my HDTV to a more accessible location. To my surprise this connector cause an “HDCP unauthorized” to display on the screen when I select a Roku video for play. HDCP is a content protection technology, apparently to prevent copying of the video. Copying was not my intent, I was just hoping the Roku would have a little more wifi signal strength if not hidden behind the TV. So the $1 option didn't work, guess I'll need a wifi booster device or maybe an HDMI extension cable would work. I suspect the other streaming devices would have the same problem.
on December 22, 2012
Works as advertised, awesome awesome awesome PRICE. IT WORKS! for 2 bucks!!! :D No loss of quality or anything weird!

Will update if it messes up or something, but so far so good! :D

5/5!!!

UPDATE: So I had this for a little more than a week and it broke. :( It was working fine and I had it connected to my hdmi cable but my brother was messing with it and he disconnected it and connected a couple times and one of the gold contacts came off this coupler and got jammed in the hdmi cable. So now neither of them work. It worked perfectly fine until then. So just a heads up, be careful when removing this coupler. Maybe he was rough with it, I'm not sure. I disconnected it and reconnected it a couple times with it too, but I must've been more careful with it then he was. I'm probably going to buy another one (I think it's still worth it) but be wary to be gentle with it!
on March 9, 2017
This item was a great price and has been working great. Bought it to combine 2 short HDMI cables into 1 longer one. It has a great picture quality and I haven't had any problems with it. It took awhile to get, since it came from China, but arrived before it's estimated date. Highly recommend!
review image review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2015
I received this a few days ago. SO far I love it. simply I can connect two HDMI cables and my computer can send the signal easily to my Samsung HDTV. I image is good. I think I heard with HDMI get the full signal, so there is no loss. Anyways, I use this to be able to watch streaming sources for TV - like I love watching Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles or the Fall Guy. I can also watch Colombian soccer games (as well as European Leagues). I use this coupler to stream on my 40" Samsung HDTV. One of my cables is 35' and the other is 12' so 47' total. I could have purchased a longer cable but why bother... and the price on this is good. I am thinking of buying another one just to have on hand.

I don't know about durability - but there are no moving parts, so this product should last me a long while. I hope the metal is good. I also may need a splitter to use the computer instead of trying to control my 40" HDTV from far away. I want to be able to see both monitors the same image, but I will experiment with that later when I get the HDMI splitter.