PUMA Unisex PU910501001 Cardiac II Black and Silver Heart Rate Monitor Watch
|Price:||$100.00 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
- Chronograph, count-down timer; Heart rate monitor with wireless ECG sensor belt included and preset HR zone or manual set hi/lo HR zone
- Equipped to display heart rate as BPM, heart rate as percentage of maximum heart rate, HR max (age based) calories burned during workout, minimum HR of total exercise, maximum HR of total exercise and average HR of total exercise
- Dual alarm
- LED HR zone indicator, EL backlight
- Water resistant to 165 feet (50 M): suitable for swimming and showering
Puma at a glance. Puma is one of the world's leading sportlifestyle companies that designs and develops footwear, apparel and accessories. PUMA starts in Sport and ends in Fashion.
This watch is your brand new very-best workout buddy. It has it all: a heart rate monitor coupled with a wireless ECG sensor belt, plus a calorie counter, timer, and lap counter. Best part is, this guy makes it super easy to check your intensity with an easy-to-see LED zone indicator as well as audible alarms when you hit your low and high heart rate targets so you can turn all your attention towards powering through those last couple of miles.
- Digital display
- Flexible polyurethane band for a comfortable fit
- Heart rate monitor with wireless ECG sensor belt; features low and high target zones visually and with audible alarm
- LED zone indicator displays intensity levels (5 stages) for easy visibility
- Displays minimum, maximum, and average heart rate for total workout
- Calorie counter
- 1/100 second chronograph
- Exercise timer with lap counter (up to 99 laps)
- Dual daily alarm
- Auto calendar
- Back light mode
- Water resistant to 50 meters
- Case dimension: 40mm
- Weight: 60g
- Two-year manufacturers warranty
- Instruction manual available at www.puma.com/time/support for convenience
Puma's active watches are well-designed accessories that also tell you time! The idea is to be able to wear our digital watches to the gym and out with your friends at night. A true accessory company for the active lifestyle.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 3.9 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003BNY8QK
- Item model number: PU910501001
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 14, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||PUMA|
|Dial window material type||Acrylic|
|Case diameter||38 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||12 millimeters|
|Band width||30 millimeters|
|Special features||alarm-feature, Chronograph, heart-rate-monitor-feature, Timer, Water Resistant|
|Item weight||1.76 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||165 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
The major flaw? Well Amazon recently changed it but it used to say the display was made of mineral, which it isn't and they have subsequently changed it. How did I konw? Well that's easy cause I went to get a soft cloth to clean what I thought was a smudge (was a bad scratch) and scratched the lens more. This watches display was made of acrylic! Acrylic are you kidding me? I spend this much on a watch to have an acrylic display?!! Who even uses Acrylic anymore for displays or what not? DVD's don't even use Acrylic they use polycarbonate, so that means this watch will scratch easier than your DVD discs. Mine came scratched heavily on delivery.
Here's the even worse deal about acrylic and that's the fact that you CAN NOT USE ANYTHING TO CLEAN YOUR WATCH except for specialty cleaning kits for acrylic surfaces, which will cost you time and money. Yep, that's right, so if you see that smudge on it. Don't touch it! because you'll probably scratch it. In comparison you can use a 100% cotton t-shirt to clean your DVD discs by gently rubbing them with lukewarm water, but you can't do the same with Acrylic lenses or surfaces.
Returned mine for a refund. Stick with mineral or above for watches.
Overall, I would say this watch is geared toward the mid-range user who wants a good looking watch. This watch doesn't have any distance or GPS features, so this is not ideal for outdoor running (if you need that type of data). It does not store workout history or transfer data to a PC. For those reasons, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this HRM Watch for a hardcore fitness enthusiast.
With that out of the way... I was aware of this watch's feature set before I bought it, and was not in need of those advanced features. I bought this to wear during my P90X workouts to "stay in the zone", and it suits that need perfectly thanks to the Zone Indicator feature. The watch also tracks workout time, calorie burn, and some stats on your min/max/avg heart rate. I am happy with the data that it tracks and plan to use this during all my workouts.
For the Pros:
- Chest Belt is very comfortable
- Watch strap is also very comfortable
- HRM readings seem accurate
- Lots of features/data readings
- Min/Max for Target Heart rate has simple setup, but also has manual over-ride
- Unique and modern design
- Backlight illuminates entire watch face
- Mine came with a $100 price tag on the watch, and I paid $60!
- There is a button with a Puma on it!
...Read more ›
I love minimalist things that really have something special, despite of the lack of cosmetics. This watch caught my eye with a couple of things: The colors, I love black, red, and my favorite color is stainless steel. And the best part is that they are done so subtly, with the black band, the vertical stainless steel strips on the side, and the one "mysterious" red glass-line, the look was really appealing to me. Regardless of the fact that the digits that tell the time and the rest of the functions are very simplistic, and there's nothing special about them, they serve its purpose, and get to the point without going overboard with the fanciness. I appreciated that statement; that "Here's a good watch/heart rate monitor. You won't be overwhelmed with the digits because we focused on the point of the watch, not flashiness".
Overall, I love the look of it. It's like a good suit, where it doesn't have to be covered in bells and whistles to look great. It just needs to get the message across, and do it well. And this watch does it very well.
The band itself has some nice engraving, giving it texture, and there's a stripe of "puma" lettering going around it. Very nice, without going overboard.Read more ›