|Item Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12 x 12 x 16 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||SA903|
|Item Package Quantity||2|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.26 shipping
PacTool International SA903 2-Piece Gecko Gauge Hardi Board Siding Gauges
|Price:||$55.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Gauges and supports siding for one-person installation.
- Friction-Cam mechanism supports full 12' cement-board siding lengths.
- Adjustable at 1/4" increments for 4"-8" siding reveals.
- For use with 5/16" fiber-cement siding products. Heavy-gauge plastic helps avoid marring the painted surface.
- Currently this tool is Zone 10 specific
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
- These hangers reference the bottom of each course - definitely the most accurate way to hang siding and much better than hanger/gauge products that reference the top of each course. Hardi can vary in height so if the hanger hangs from/references the top of the board, you are immediately introducing error into the procedure. Geckos do it the smart way.
- For blind nailing, some courses will snug up very tight to the wall, certainly short pieces. This will mean that you have to grab the bottom lip of the board and pull out a bit to slip the Gecko in. For the most part, you'll be able to insert a Gecko one-handed. I have no experience using these Geckos with face nailing, only blind nailing.
- Geckos have two rails that the Hardi will rest on, you need to keep an eye on how the Hardi rests on the rails so that you know the tool is perpendicular to the Hardi plank. If the tool is positioned off-vertical, you will introduce error.
- You must watch the Gecko when setting the Hardi down into the Geckos. It is heavy enough to make the Geckos slip a bit downward and introduce error. The procedure is simple: clamp the Gecko so it is snug to the reference course. Lightly set the next course onto the Gecko rails.Read more ›
Got a siding job, a job I've done many times in the past but rarely do anymore. Called for Hardiplank fiber-cement siding, which I haven't used before, so I did all the research I could in an attempt to be as efficient as possible. I started the job solo a couple of days before the siding crew that was hired showed up. Got all my elevations and transferred all my course lines and went to work. I immediately found that the individual planks varied in width by around 3/16", a discrepancy that adds up very quickly and would usually make it necessary to check layout constantly. However, because these gauges clamp on rather than hang from the top of the previous course, they register from the bottom, which is the true course line. I was hitting my lines consistently, and felt the need to check layout much less often.
When the siding crew showed up they rolled their eyes at my fancy green gauges, but in less than an hour I could barely pry them out of their paws. Ended up selling to the lead guy for what I paid so he'd have them for his next job that Monday.
I'll be buying another set.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These things made my HardiPlank siding installation by myself possible and even easy. They have several different overlap settings depending on your local desires/code and once... Read morePublished 2 hours ago by Devin
Don't do hardi plank siding without it! Very useful for gauging and holding.Published 4 days ago by TPS
Husband LOVES these for putting up Hardi siding by himself, I don't have to be right there to help, I can now take my time getting ready in the morning without him raising cane... Read morePublished 8 days ago by LyndaZP
Fantastic tool. I Sided a 500 sq.ft. Addition by my self. Perfect result.Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
Awesome product! Worth every penny! Don't put siding up without it! Easy to use! Just be careful to insert it all the way and straight up and down. Read morePublished 14 days ago by J. Fogle
Great product! Easy to use for cement fiber siding. Hardie board siding is heavy and hard to hang by one person, this tool makes it easy.Published 15 days ago by Edmund Oswalt