Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 23, 2017
I love it. I learn/study it for next year I'm going to PCT!
on March 28, 2010
I have hiked over 10,000 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. Every year I buy four Wilderness Press books, cut them into sections and put them in my resupply boxes. None are all inclusive for my needs. That does not exist. The Pacific Crest Trail: Southern California, Northern California, and Oregon/Washington and the Pacific Crest Trail Data Book, all four by Wilderness Press. They tell me where, I am going, how to get there, side and alternate routes(a huge plus), histories, points of interest and much, much more. These books give me much more than a simple point A to B sterile hike. Author, Ben Schifrin, and editor, Roslyn Bullas, are active in the hiking community a show a genuine concern for helping the trails and the hikers both. I also use each year Yogi's Pacific Crest Trail Handbook. Author Jackie McDonnell(Yogi) is the #1 authority on how to hike the Pacific Crest Trail and she also passes on information from 500 other recent thru hikers including me. It will save you $100's of Dollars and 100's of hours. Buy it at [...] And I also use the free to print [...] maps by my friend Halfmile. The size and detail make it the best map for hiking the PCT.
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 27, 2017
Bought it on the thought of planning a backpacking trip on the PCT, but have had the time to even start planning the hike.
on August 24, 2015
I have been using this book since 2010 for my PCT section hikes and will use it for one more year in 2016. I've found that most info is accurate. I like some of the history, geology, flora and fauna descriptions. And while mountain scapes don't change much, fires, springs, and accommodations have changed over the years. So hopefully it's been updated since 2010. It would be nice if it coordinated with Half-mile's maps. Instead it marks elevations and distances between notes.
on May 30, 2017
enjoyed the trip
on August 14, 2015
Very informative
on November 5, 2015
This book is exactly what my husband and i were looking for. We have been interested in hiking a local portion of it and this book has more information than what we found online.
on April 2, 2013
The Pacific Crest Trail Guide Books are an essential tool for anyone hiking major sections of it including portions away from heavily travelled parts near trailheads and metropolitan areas. Its electronic availability will allow through hikers to carry less weight while still having the tools needed to safely walk the Trail
on August 7, 2010
I bought this guide for a trip my husband and I were planning across the San Bernardino Mtns. The guide is very thorough, providing detailed descriptions of what to expect on the trail as well as water supply, permit information, mileage charts, topos, and campsites. It also has interesting info about geology, fun facts about plants, etc. It covers the PCT from Agua Dulce to Toulomne, so if you're like me and have no plans to do it all in one shot, it'll come in handy for many small trips. I've been generally impressed with my previous purchases of Wilderness Press products, and this guide didn't disappoint.
on June 19, 2015
Very outdated. The information on the history of the trail and the trail description are interesting . But maps are not useful for actually hiking the trail.