Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Style: PDDT700 Round|Change

Showing 1-10 of 252 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 275 reviews
on August 11, 2017
the diameter of the seat is a little small for my son. He is 5'10" 200 lbs but not chunky so if you may look for a seat with a larger diameter. The cushioning is alright and the stability of the stool is good. A little disappointed when in came because the carton isn't that sturdy it didn't hold up well and the one tube receptacle was out of round. I had to do a little bending with a pair of pliers to straighten the one slightly bent tube but it wasn't hard. PDP should consider packaging the stool with a more stable carton to prevent damage.
on July 14, 2017
uncomfortable, to much work to adjust...buy a roc and soc...i have one for my dw kit..bought this for my Kat3... sorry i did
on August 24, 2017
PDP is a good brand and I needed a throne for the electric kit I was getting for my son and of course me!!! Very easy to install and has held up well for months.
on December 27, 2010
I've seen Joey Jordison from Slipknot playing on a metal folding chair before, so i'm going to say right off the bat that you can play sitting on just about anything. It's pretty hard to make a crappy product when it comes to Drum Thrones, so with that I'm going to say you're either going to get a great product or something that you can't even use. In this case, you can look forward to getting a great product here! The stool is very sturdy, no rocking, no swaying, no moving at all. Very comfortable... in fact, my girlfriend grabs it to sit on every time she comes into my studio to hang out with me. Worth the money, great product!
on September 14, 2017
This is a nice drummers chair. Note that grease can leak out the center of the chair, so if you are placing on a rug or carpet make sure to place some sort of protection under the throne.
on June 4, 2015
I got this for playing guitar in my continued quest to find a good seat for extended playing/practice.
I agree with some other reviews of this:

Good:
* Very well constructed & sturdy.
* Good quality metal, good finish and the seat materials seem quite good.
* Quite stable and stays put without any rocking.
* The fasteners secure the legs, set and height adjustments well and they stay locked.
* Breaks down nicely for travel/storage.

Not so good:
* The seat pad is FIRM [and I'm not expecting it to soften up much with use. [My posterior started to get numb after about an hour of practice]. I stuck a foam pad on it as was able to play more. Extended sessions of sitting on this may not be possible for me.
* The lowest height setting wasn't quite low enough/where I wanted it. I'm 5'9" and I want my thighs to be parallel to the floor when seated. I modified the seat post by sawing 2.1 cm off the bottom, then drilling a new hole for the cross bolt. This got it right where I like it. I could see where shorter folks might have issues with the lowest height setting.
* It does swivel even with the under-seat fastener tight, but it looks like rotating the seat causes the end of the fastener bolt to scrape against the bolt and may eventually end up creating a groove there [that may continue to deepen with wear].

Overall, a well made, sturdy, stable, portable stool that could benefit from a lower height adjustment and slightly softer seat pad
on September 1, 2017
Needed a throne for drum set, chose this "best seller" and it's the real deal. Nice and thick; can focus on playing and not shifting our seat. Very comfortable.
on July 15, 2017
Poor construction quality. Seat rotates even after tightening the wing nut designed to keep it in place. Adjusting the height is a bit of a pain. Seat is a little too small.
on October 9, 2012
I'll break it down to product/assembly, the use of the item, then costumer service. I'll mention something about height too, just because I know some people who are 6 ft+ might be concerned about items. I'm just under 6'2".

I am very happy with the purchase, and have no complaints (although I just received it today). Actually I only spent about 15 minutes with it, that includes picking the item out of the package, constructing it, setting the height, sitting on it for a few minutes, testing it out for what I intent on primarily using it for. And yes, that was all done in 15 minutes. There is a manual, but it wasn't necessary to read it. There are no separate bags with nuts and bolts, just a few twist knobs, including one with a bolt that you have to manually remove to adjust the height (it also contains a washer, and a small metal piece to secure the connected that particular stand part. The seat can easily stored too. It folds up, and if you are willing, you can break it done into three parts (the Stand, the neck, and the seat)>

Alright, as for using it. As I mentioned earlier, I'm in the moderately tall range (6 feet 1.5 inches.) and I felt the seat felt the maximum height that the product could achieve was good. Now, I should note that I did not this idea with the prime idea of using it as a stool sit behind a drum set. I will use it for that, but I really had hoped it'd make a good seat for me to play my electric guitar on while operating many pedals (I always play sitting down). It is not the same, but mere fact that testing how it felt to push wah pedals and volume pedals should make the concept a bit more universal. Anyway, the feedback I can give is that it was steady, I could easily extend my foot, push (with force) repeatedly, without shaking the foundation or my balance. The seat seems comfortable enough. And if you are really picky about seats, well I can tell you that this is something I look for. And to make my vote carry more weight, aside from just being a tall 195 lbs. guy who enjoys a cushioned seat for my weight, but I also don't have a big back side and on top of that, I have a pace maker implanted in my right ass-cheek, so I have to cope with the fact that it feels like I am always sitting on my cellphone. So that gives me plenty of reason to be picky.

Lastly, the customer service. I ordered it on either Thursday or Friday, they sent it on Saturday, I got it on Tuesday. I knew when they sent it because the actually made a courtesy call when they sent it (I didn't answer, but still got the voice message). It was well packaged, and easy to be unpacked. In fact, I opened it on my bed and assembled all on my full-sized beds despite while I had other then on there. I can't say that everyone will get the same service as me, shipping could have been fast because of the shipping location and the delivery location. But still, it was what it was for me.
on August 1, 2013
Sweet throne. Only have had it for a week or so, so I can't attest to its longevity but compared to the stock throne I received with my set this is incredible. Real beefy cushion, compared to some of the other thrones available. Not difficult to assemble, very sturdy, very adjustable, and high aesthetic value. Worth an extra $25 or so bucks over a throne with a smaller buns pad.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.