Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Generic Compatible Ink Cartridge Replacement for Brother LC-61 (Black/ Cyan/ Magenta/Yellow, 3 each)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on September 3, 2011
Well, first off, I own a Brother printer/scanner/copier/fax combo - model MFC-495CW. I have been buying these Brother compatible ink LC-61 cartridges - colors: black, cyan, magenta, and yellow for two years now. I have also had my printer/scanner/copier/fax combo for 2 years now, and I use these exclusively. They contain (I believe) the identical ink that Brother offers, but it costs me at least 15 times less... that's right, 15 times less is what I pay! For example, I just ordered my 6th set of this 12-pack, which includes; 3 black ink cartridges, 3 cyan ink cartridges, 3 magenta cartridges, and 3 yellow cartridges for only $8.50 with free "Super Saver" shipping. Had I bought the Brother brand, I would have to pay anywhere between $10 to $15 retail per each cartridge. Here, I am getting 12 cartridges of 3 equal colors and black for $8.50. If you research the products on Amazon alone, you can see the massive price difference, and if I went to Frye's or Best Buy, they would charge me $20 per cartridge, regardless of the color (black is more money for some unknown reason). Brother states that when you buy their equipment, only utilize their ink because 3rd-party type could damage the machine - That is complete BS! I do alot of printing, color and b/w, and I have not had any issues with the printing quality yet. My printer prints with the same high quality as it did when I first bought the machine 2 years ago! It has an automatic self-cleaning function that goes off every 10 pages or so, which cleans the ink jets. Sometimes, usually every 500 pages, I will use the manual cleaning function, which takes about 2 minutes for the printer to complete, but I theorize that because it takes longer than the automatic self-cleaning feature, it will do a more thorough job cleaning the finer ink jet parts, basically cleaning the things it missed when the machine auto-cleaned; Also, when I say I do a manual cleaning, basically all I do is press a few buttons on the machine, and the machine does the rest. Bottom-line: When you buy the manufacturer's ink, in this case, the Brother cartridges, you are being ripped-off ! This generic ink is precisely the same type, performs the same way, and if you clean your printer regularly (relative to its use) you will never have any problems with poor quality or clogged ink jets. In 2+ years, I have spent under $90 for ink because I buy in volume, and that's for a total of 60 cartridges of equal parts, i.e., black + 3 colors; If I had I bought the OEM brand (Brother) ink, I would have spent nearly 1k. Do not buy Brother ink, or any non-generic brand OEM ink, it all works the same - Save your money, buy this generic brand instead. Note: Be certain to verify that the ink cartridge model #'s cross-match with/against your particular copier model.
55 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2010
The black cartridge separated in the slot of my Brother MFC-495CW. Broke the release lever and has disabled my printer completely. New machine. This brand does not have the spring loaded front end for a tight fit and leaks ink. Not recommended.
22 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2010
I purchased these back in April to have as a backup.They arrived promptly and were packed very well. There was a slight mix up in shipping charges but 1 email to 77Ink and it was taken care of and my account was credited immediately. I am very impressed with their customer service!

As far as the ink goes, it's working out great. It seems to be lasting considerably longer than the cartridges that were supplied with printer. All cartridges were vacuum packed. Colors are great!

I definitely recommend 77Ink and their products!
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2010
Everything arrived as promised, packaged correctly, etc. However, they just don't work. I inserted the yellow correctly and it has forever broken the yellow ink capacity of the printer. Even after cleaning and buying the ultra-expensive Brother cartridge, the printer will not print anything in yellow and all color photos are printed minus yellow coloring.

These do not work and they will destroy your printer!!!
55 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2010
I purchased these cartridges for my MFC-490CW in order to save a few bucks and after a few uses, my printer will not operate properly. For some reason the ink has clogged the black printer head so much that not even the cleaning done in the system menu has helped. I never had an issue with the OEM ink (even as expensive as it is) so I must say that you should steer away from this ink or use another manufacturer.
on September 21, 2010
Tried to exchange the LC61C approx.20 times no sucess and I replaced cartridges before, then I replaced LC61Y which worked right away.
The second LC 61C worked without a problem.
My conclusion: If the failure rate stays below 10% and for the money spent, I will continue using their product. However, if the failure rate is going up, then I won't buy Sophia Global Brand.
on February 11, 2011
These cartridges are pretty good. They don't fit exactly like Brother's because they don't have the sliding chamber, but they *DO* work. My MFC-295CN required me to kind of *slam* them into the slot to get them recognized, but afterwards they were detected and printed well. If you are in the least squeamish about fiddling with something to get it to work it might be best for you to skip these cartridges, but I think I've found me a new source for these things...Sorry, Brother!
on January 18, 2012
I purchased this product thinking it was a great deal. It is not!!!!!! I currently have a Brother printer and when I received the ink and tried to install it in my printer the black would not print! I tried opening 2 of the packages and was having the same issue with both black cartridges. All of the other colors wokred just fine. The third black catrtridge had leaked all over the place and therefore I was not even able to use it and had to throw it away. I would not purchase this product again or anything else from this seller!
on January 31, 2010
Thus far, no problem. I have not bought this product before, so just waiting to see if it last as long as Brother products. Was shipped timely as stated by seller, in great shape upon arrival.
on May 6, 2015
For about half the cost of one brother brand black cartridge, I received 3 full sets of cartridges from generic compatable inks.

I don't know why anyone else has had an issue with these but mine fit fine, print fine and even display the ink levels just fine.
No leaks, no diminished print quality (for office type prints. I do not print photos on it) and best part? I have enough ink to last me a year!

I will definitely buy these again!

And yes, my photo only has 2 sets in it because I already installed a set.
review image