Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2 Pack Survival Kit Can Opener, Military, P-51 Model
|Price:||$5.25 & FREE Shipping|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Set of 2 P-51 can openers
- Handle is 2" long and has a hinged blade
- Extremely lightweight design makes them perfect for backpacking, travel, and even bug out bags
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item 2 Pack Survival Kit Can Opener, Military, P-51 Model
P-38 Can Opener and P-51 Can Opener
10 Pack Survival Kit Can Opener, Military, P-51 Model
GI P-38 Can Opener (5-pack)
U.S. MADE P-51 & P-38 Can Opener 20 Pack- 10 of Each USGI Military Issue
Chef Craft Butterfly Can Opener
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Ozark Outdoorz, LLC||Best Glide ASE||HobbyToolSupply||AmmoCanMan||AmmoCanMan||Amazon.com|
|Color||Can Opener||Silver||Stainless Steel||Silver||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Material Type||Steel||—||—||—||Stainless Steel||Nickel|
This is the bigger brother of the P-38 military can opener made famous in WWII. It's about twice the size and much easier to use compared to the smaller P38. The P-51 military can opener is a full 2" long. This added length affords more leverage when opening cans and does not require as much thumb pressure to use. Excellent for emergency back-up if you store any type of canned goods.
Top customer reviews
1. Pull the blade out. Place the point of the blade on top of the can, as far to the edge as possible. There is a sharp little slot next to the blade. While keeping the blade on top of the can, slide this slot down under the rim of the can, catching the lip-rim firmly inside the slot.
2. While keeping the slot caught under the rim, use the can opener as a lever, pushing away from yourself into the top of the can, slicing into it with the blade.
3. Pull the blade out of the can
4. Repeat steps 1-3, puncturing a second hole clockwise from the first.
5. Continue puncturing contiguous holes until you've worked the lid off.
I was looking for a simple light-weight device for opening cans and was not very happy with the ones available on the Swiss Army Knife or other smaller multi-tools.
This device - the P-51, is perfect. It is lightweight and robust. After seeing other reviews of P-51 and P-38 on Amazon I was concerned about getting a flimsy piece of hardware that might buckle when used. This comes with a US Shelby stamp. Regardless of whether it's the real Shelby manufacturer that supplied the US Army, this one has a rock-solid build. I recommend this product without any reservations.
I read in the Bible a warning about the people one associates with. I am beginning to conceive that such warning is well-founded. I mention this because shortly after I expounded on these jewels to others, someone took them without my consent. I ordered the second set of these well-made P-51 Military Can Openers and... they disappeared again !
The bottom line of this review is as follows:
1.- There is no way that you can go wrong with these jewels of well-thought-out military-standards and well-made pieces of equipment.
2.- Whatch out who you associate with.
4.- Enjoy your acquisition in silence and to yourself, the Bible recommends.