Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Luggage/Handbag Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- Get fast repairs or replacements from SquareTrade, an Allstate company
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new or Amazon certified refurbished products purchased at Amazon in the last 30 days. By purchasing this Protection Plan you agree to the Protection Plan Terms & Conditions (http://www.squaretrade.com/terms-standard). Your Protection Plan Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase
Pacsafe 55L Backpack and Bag Protector, Silver, One Size
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Stainless steel bag protector wraps and locks 360-degrees around backpack, duffel bag, or luggage up to 55 liters
- Patented stainless steel eXomesh locking system secures contents and locks to fixture
- Comes with padlock and carry pouch for easy packing when not in use
- Weighs 1 pound;The 55L Backpack & Bag Protector is perfect for small backpacks and smaller luggage items.Fits volume approximately: 22 - 55 L / 1342 - 3356 cubic in.
- Folds down to 5.5 x 4.7 x 2 inches
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Available in 55L, 120L, and 140L sizes, the Pacsafe anti-theft bag protector is the original Pacsafe product designed to help keep your gear safe. The patented 360-degree eXomesh locking system is an adjustable high-tensile stainless steel device that locks closed and locks to a secure fixture. Sized to secure a backpack, duffel bag, or soft-sided luggage up to 55 liters, 120 liters, or 140 liters in volume, the bag protector will help give you peace of mind when you lock it and leave it.
It comes with a padlock and carry pouch, making it easy to fold down and carry the bag protector. The 55L folds down to 5.5 x 4.7 x 2 inches, the 120L folds down to 6.7 x 4.7 x 2.4 inches, and the 140L folds down to 7.5 x 4.7 x 2 inches.
Pacsafe keeps travelers one step ahead of the game by keeping their gear secure from opportunistic thieves with a wide range of stylish adventure backpacks, leisure bags, urban bags, women’s bags, and camera bags, as well as luggage and travel accessories.
From the manufacturer
- Padlock and storage pouch
- Locks closed and locks to secure fixture
- 360º eXomesh Locking System
Pacsafe Backpack and Bag Protector
Featuring our 360 degree eXomesh locking system, the Pacsafe is an adjustable high-tensile stainless steel locking device, designed to cover and protect a variety of bags and packs from tampering.
This wire mesh bag protector designed for larger packs and those headed on an extended trip.
eXomesh Locking System
Our eXomesh patented anti-theft technology is found in most of our smart products. It’s a strong, lightweight, flexible, high-tensile, stainless steel slashproof wire mesh which is used in our smart travel gear as:
- eXomesh cage system: Locks closed and locks to a secure fixture with a heavy duty locking device. The eXomesh is either externally fitted to bags or laminated between fabric to form a portable safe.
- eXomesh slashguards: our stainless steel wire mesh is built discreetly into areas targeted by bag slashers, like the bottom and side panels.
Outpac Designs Limited, makers of Pacsafe was established in 1998 by 2 Aussie friends who had sailed most of the world’s oceans and clocked up visits to more than 80 countries around the world. Their own experiences and those of other travelers convinced them of the need for no-nonsense travel security and from that their eXomesh anti-theft technology was born and formed the first-ever.
Today, Pacsafe can be found in over 33 countries worldwide and the product range includes adventure backpacks, leisure bags, urban bags, women’s bags, camera bags as well as luggage and travel accessories.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
106 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-5 of 106 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The PacSafe Protector might prevent someone walking away with your carry-on or backpack in a public place. But I wouldn't trust it to "lock and leave". As other reviewers have noted, the holes in the mesh are quite large. Large enough to place your hand through. Large enough that someone can cut through your bag. A determined thief could easily cut through adjacent holes in the mesh. That would allow them to rummage around inside your bag and retrieve anything small enough to fit through the mesh.
Regarding the "lock and leave" idea, search YouTube for "PacSafe Security Bag Weakness" and you see how difficult it is to break open the included padlock. And while you can buy a much better padlock for $10-$20, I don't think it's worth the money or extra effort given its other weaknesses.
To advertise that this mesh will protect a 55 liter backpack is not only optimistic but dishonest. 55L might apply if you placed a contractor bag inside and poured 55 liters of water into it. But who carries their stuff in a contractor bag? I've included some photos of how well the Pacsafe 55L DOES NOT protect a 50 liter Jansport Katahdin pack that was approximately 2/3 full.
The first photo is of my attempt to place the mesh over the top of the backpack and close it around the bottom. Nope. Ain't gonna happen.
The next photo shows the pack from the side. You might notice that it's no where near "full". The last two photos show the mesh placed over the backpack from back-to-front (the method shown in the PacSafe videos). Even from back-to-front (front being where the pack meets your back), it's impossible to completely close the mesh without "folding" the bag (which would be impossible if it were "full"). You are then left with an opening large enough for someone to gut the bag and remove all of its contents.
And although not a weakness, if you actually wear your backpack this product might be seen to be quite heavy. To me, adding an extra 1 lb 2 oz to my otherwise 20 lb pack is not an attractive idea.
I believe this should suffice knowing its limitations. There is one caveat that I didn't see mentioned is the two areas where the loops aren't connected to the main wire where the waist straps of hiking bags are supposed to go through. I've discovered that if they aren't used, it can create huge holes, like 8 inches or more, which is unacceptable for me. Using an extra lock to cinch that part seems to do the trick. Also not mentioned was the size. It's advertised as 120L but packaging says 75-120L, however, pictured is my 35L 5.11 Rush 24 and it cinches down all the way to about the same size as the other openings.
The diagram is a little confusing but I could figure it out. It comes with a carry bag that folds in half and is held by velcro, 3 keys, and instructions that fit in the bag.
1) the package is about the size of two medium fists so it fits in your storage compartment.
2) It's cutproof as the braided steel cables are like garage door cable. No scissors or tin snips or even side cutters are going through it. I mean, sure, a bolt cutter, but if they want your stuff that bad...
3) It holds "all" your gear. In the pic you see my helmet, backpack, jacket, pants, boots, and gloves.
The ability to wear the gear and not look like I'm getting ready to make an urban assault gives the bike way more daily driver functionality. Now I just cover everything with my waterproof jacket on too and nothing even gets wet. I can't recommend it enough.
As far as time? Now that I'm proficient (it does take a few uses to get familiar) it takes 3-4min from engine off to get all the gear off packaged up and locked to the bike.
1) Draw mesh into a long tight bundle.
2) Pull draw cable to tightest setting and lock it.
3) Fold mesh over half way and keep it gripped.
4) Loop the draw cable following the same length as the mesh bundle now.
5) Stuff end of mesh bundle into pouch at least 1/3 of the way.
6) Shake bundle all the way into pouch.
7) Fold pouch bottom over 1/2 way.
8) Secure Velcro flap.
That's how I've learned and it gets quick and easy.