Pacsafe Metrosafe 250 gii Shoulder Bag, Black
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Sturdy, roomy shoulder bag with anti-theft technologies and organizational options; ideal for adventures abroad or your daily commute
- Lightweight, hidden eXomesh Slashguard stainless steel wire mesh embedded into fabric helps protect against slash & run theft
- Adjustable wire-reinforced Carrysafe Slashguard Strap helps prevent cut & run theft; the Turn & Lock Security Hook attaches Strap to secure fixture
- RFIDsafe Blocking Material built into a pocket in the main compartment helps protect IDs & credit cards from hacker scanning
- Padded sleeve for iPad/tablet; front zippered pocket organizer pocket; strap adjusts from 32 to 60 inches; 8-liter volume
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also considered
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Combining clean, structured lines with sturdy material and contemporary hardware, the Metrosafe 250 GII anti-theft shoulder bag from Pacsafe offers a wealth of security features to provide peace of mind as you make your way around town. It also features a number of organization options and a protective sleeve for an iPad.
The bag's fabric is embedded with eXomesh Slashguard, a lightweight flexible, stainless steel wire mesh that protects your gear from a quick slash-and-run theft. Flexible, lightweight stainless steel wire runs through the adjustable Carrysafe Slashguard shoulder strap to help prevent slashers from slicing through and running off with your gear. The bag also includes Turn & Lock security hooks that can attach the bag to a fixture for added security and zipper pullers that can be attached to discreet security hooks.
The zippered main compartment includes an RFID blocking pocket that prevents your data (such as from e-passports, credit cards, and key cards) from falling into the wrong hands. The Metrosafe 250 GII also features a rear zippered pocket with concealable zipper puller, front zippered pocket organizer pocket, two side stretch pockets that accommodate water bottles, and a headphone port.
Pacsafe keeps travelers one step ahead of the game by keeping their gear secure from opportunistic thieves with a wide range of stylish adventure backpacks, leisure bags, urban bags, women’s bags, and camera bags, as well as luggage and travel accessories.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Initially I was put off by the front cover flap of the 200 and 300 bags, and was favoring this 250 bag for that reason. However on closer inspection, the 300 is a little bigger and has more features:
- Both bags have anti-theft features but the 300 adds a velcro-secured front flap which can be tucked out of the way when accessing the front pocket
- Both bags have a front compartment with dual zipper pulls and an anti-theft clip. The 250 has 2 smaller pockets and 2 pen pockets. The 300 spreads the 2 pen pockets apart (one on each side) and adds a large full-width half-depth pocket. The 300 has a headphone port for this compartment. Both bags feature a key clip. The 300 has some additional room to tuck items under the zipper, whereas the 250 does not because the zipper is secured directly to the main body of the bag.
- Both bags feature main compartments with dual zippers and a partially concealed anti-theft clip. The 250 adds 1 full width interior side pocket and 1 small interior patch pocket which is intended for small electronics such as an MP3 player. The headphone port is located in the back wall, directly above this small patch pocket. In the 300, the main compartment adds 2 full width interior side pockets (one is a 2/3 depth mesh pocket with a zipper) and a metal key loop.
- On the back, both the 250 and 300 have full width pockets with a zipper on the top, but the 300 also has a zipper on the bottom. With the 300, by opening both zippers you can hang the bag over the handle of your rolling luggage.
(You can see comparison pictures in my 300 Gii review.)
In the end I decided to keep the 300 and return the 200 and 250. The 300 has the most pockets and features, and the front flap adds another layer (pun intended) of security.
I don't really care about the slash-free aspects of this product. If someone has a razor or knife that close to me, they can have the bag. However, the pick pocket deterring zipper clips are an excellent feature. They make it difficult for a hand to quickly slip into the bag. They also make it unlikely the bag will accidentally come open allowing items to fall out.
This bag also holds a tremendous amount comfortably for its small size.
Currently, I can COMFORTABLY carry the following, with no bag distortion:
Ipad, in bulky leather protective case
LARGE wallet (contains checkbook, about 20 credit/id cards, several individually wrapped Tazo tea bags, about half a dozen splenda packs, cash, a couple of dental floss picks)
Case Logic padded pouch (contains video ipod, earbuds, electric wall charging adaptor and two cords to charge ipad/ipod and phone, jump drive with neck strap
several kinds of meds. 3 of these each take about the space of an inhaler. I also keep a small weekly med organizer in here. The smaller items are in a cloth pouch.
Tube of abreva
two bottles of 5-hour energy
Key-bak Retractable Key Reel with 48 inch Kevlar Cord -- complete with multiple keys for work.
Second key ring for house/car keys.
2-4 protein bars or similar snacks
Outer pockets can hold 2 bottles of water OR 1 bottle of water and a compact umbrella. If not carrying an umbrella
Crushable shopping bag or two -- the type you can use to hold purchase while out and about for the day.
There is leftover space. I can easily add tickets and small paper items to the back pocket where I store a printout of my calendar for quick reference.
There is also space where I could add the following items while traveling on a plane (I would remove them after arriving at my destination when I would use this as a daypack/purse
Small bag of extra snacks in case of air delays
If I wanted to travel with ONLY this as a carry-on, I "could" manage to fit the following in without too much discomfort, as well:
ziplock bag of cosmetics (foundation, coverup, eye liner, mascara, blush, powder, lip gloss).
Spare ziplock bag or two
Lightweight crushable tshirt, undergarments, and socks in case of lost luggage.
Microfiber washcloth with ziplock bag -- nice for washing up in the airport or on the plane.
Realize that adding all of this would not leave much extra space in the bag!!!!
Top international reviews
I spent many hours comparing the various Pacsafe bags around this size, and am glad I chose this one over the others. The major benefits for me are:
1. Obvious security features as described;
2. Main pocket is perfect size for A5 documents (i.e. printed A4 tickets folded in half);
3. No nasty Velcro flaps;
4. Just the right amount of internal sections.
What you might not glean from the description is a couple of extra features:
1. The side pocket (incorporating the security clips) has a press-stud allowing it to expand to fit a brolly or water bottle;
2. Zipped back pocket for less secure items you might need handy, e.g. maps, etc.
I would have docked it half a star (if possible) because the main strap has a twist-and-clip fitting for security, but I find this a bit loose. It tends to twist on its own, so I have supplemented it with an extra mini-karabina.
Ich bin Top von der Tasche überzeugt und werde sie auch ausserhalb des Urlaubs als Handtasche nutzen.
p.S.: Ihren eigentlichen Zweck als Diebstahlschutz scheint sie auch gut zu erfüllen - es wurde zwar nicht getestet, aber es fühlt sich stabil an.
I was traveling in India and wanted a bag to keep my money, travel documents etc secure replacing my normal handbag.
Bag was big enough for my iPhone, kindle, travel docs, iPad as well as enough room for tissues, mosquito spray, hand wipes etc. If you want to carry more then consider one of the larger bags- for me this was ideal without being bulky. Having lots of pockets was good, and made it easy to organize. The water bottle holder was large enough to fit both small and large bottles- having 2 holders was good- either for caring 2 bottles, or a bottle and an umbrella ( monsoon time) or just for stowing sunglasses.
The various locking option gave me a better sense of security when I was in crowded situations, knowing that I could easily click in the Zips ends to make it difficult for someone to pickpocket my bag.
Ausreichend Platz für Dinge des täglichen Bedarfs. Auch auf Reisen durchaus zu empfehlen. Die Tasche hat locker Platz für DSLR mit Objektiv (D90+18-200). Bequem zu tragen und durchaus handlich. Jederzeit wieder.