- MAXIMUM SECURITY - 360 degree stainless steel wire mesh embedded in poly canvas fabric is highly cut resistant. Design patented in the USA, by Pacsafe, the original anti-theft brand. Can be locked securely with TSA accepted 3-dial combination lock (incl.).
- CAN BE LOCKED TO FIXTURES - Bag can be cabled to furniture, pipes, or fixtures when in hotel rooms (i.e. when hotel room safe is too small) and beach chairs or trees to prevent theft when at the beach or by the pool where items need to be left unattended.
- CAN BE STORED FLAT - Can be stored flat in your suitcase (also foldable). This is a key differentiator from comparable products that are often bulky and take up a lot of space. Ideal gift for someone going for vacations, a cruise, train trip or air travel.
- PEACE OF MIND INDOOR & OUTDOOR - Bag fabric is water resistant to protect your personal items when traveling. This slash safe 'vault' is made of durable and easy to clean polyester to ensure secure & long-lasting usage. With carry handles for convenience.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Don't spend your holiday worried - travel with the incredibly convenient portable safe by Pacsafe®, lightweight and perfect for traveling with your valuables. Made with weather resistant canvas and a high-tensile stainless steel wire. Easily fits into an existing bag or luggage. Easy to use with a drawstring and lock closure and conveniently folds up when not in use. Features the Smart eXomesh® cage system and a lock to easily lock closed or lock to fixtures. Imported. Measurements: Middle Width: 13 4⁄5 in Depth: 1⁄2 in Height: 20 1⁄2 in Weight: 1 lb 1.6 oz
- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 14 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B07KXWWGK1
- Date first listed on Amazon: January 2, 2014
- #82 in Luggage Locks
- Average Customer Review:
198 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have the 5L version. I used it in Morocco where there aren't always safes in the rooms. I cabled it to some bathroom plumbing. It easily fits a couple of iPads, camera, a couple of pill cases and still has room for a bit more.
Only drawback is that it's a little heavy and thick. It does take up space in your bag.
TIP: Don't mind the negative review about being able to cut into it and pull cash/passports/smaller items out through the open mesh. Just put these items inside larger items. For example, I put my passport and some cash inside my iPad case. It will substantially reduce the possibility of someone being able to retrieve the contents of the bag through a hole cut in between the mesh.
If you are going to be staying in places without safes or other security options, this is a good choice.
Secure and Hide: I would usually tie it around a piece of the bed and put it under the mattress. I trusted this over the room safe.
I had always wished the diameter of the wire were thicker, though. I felt it works for the opportunists/those with just a knife. An extra layer of protection. When it was in my backpack I’d lock it around the backpack’s hanging loop just so someone couldn’t pull it out. Again, opportunists. If sleeping on a train/bus sometimes I’d have it inside my bag with the wire peaking out the top, through my big backpack loops to secure it to whatever.
The trick to reset the lock is that when it is set to the code or 000, push the bottom button, spin the top 180 degrees, push down, THEN pull OUT the bottom button to the be able to change the new combo.
Like others have said, it's possible that someone with wire cutters or a utility knife can cut through the steel cable or lock. Hey, it's also entirely possible that someone with a gun can shoot through the lock or someone with a hacksaw can cut through the cable. This bag isn't going to stop master criminals from getting your stuff. But it's definitely going to stop would-be thieves who might quickly snatch a bag because the owners are nowhere nearby.
The one gripe I have is that it's uncomfortable to carry because the small handles on top just aren't that nice to hold especially when the bag is ful. It would have been nice if there was a padded adjustable handle on the back/side so you could carry this bag as a sling. Other than that, I highly recommend this bag!