Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 23, 2012, 11:40:19 AM PDT
I have been getting oxycodon from theVA for a couple of years now. How can I quit using?

Posted on Mar 27, 2012, 4:40:32 PM PDT
Clem says:
There are some medications that can be used to help you with withdrawals, and non-opiate pain relievers, and also, as I've been researching also, there are some medications that help the pain killer work better so that you can use less. If you're doctor doesn't come up with any solutions (I'm sorry, I don't know what the doc situation is like at the VA) then maybe you can recommend some of these. Naltrexone, Vistaril, maybe also Orphenadrine? I've been looking into these kinds of things for someone, and have found often you need to bring these things up. Try looking up these medications I mentioned, and maybe you'll even find more. The VA must offer some kind of support groups? There are chronic pain support groups, and there are NA located at many churches, and at NA you can find someone who will be your sponsor. I really hope that helps. Good luck to you!

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012, 5:10:12 PM PDT
T.L.C. says:
The problems I had with VA were that they have a very specific formulary that limits the variety of drugs and that the doctors were often rushed. Last year I got off all my pain medication (plus muscle relaxers and the like). There were three things I found eessential. 1. Determination, it is difficult and not fun and you will hurt, accept it and keep going. 2. Patience, it took longer than I expected and I just had to step down slowly, cut pills in half if I could, etc. 3. A good willing doctor to work with you (maybe a support group as mentioned in the next reply) could help here too. My doctor was great but it took going through 5 doctors before him just to find one willing to help me come off the drugs. I wish you and anyone trying the best of luck!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in