Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$26.00+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on May 5, 2014
The pictures are not dark and blurry. They are very nice. For about $20, this big heavy book is a great value. I really like it and will be giving it to my mother for Mother's Day. (She grew up in Mountain Green.) Then maybe I'll buy another for my sister or myself, though I think my sister might like the southern Utah paintings better. Anyway, I don't see how you can go wrong with this book.
on November 15, 2014
Beautiful! As an artist, I really appreciate such a lovely book.
on August 17, 2016
Beautiful book.
on December 19, 2014
With too few exceptions these are high school art show quality paintings. It will soon find a special place in my trash can.
on August 8, 2007
A stunning book. Anyone who is a fan of the mountain wilderness cannot help but enjoy viewing this book. It takes you back to the time when 'white eyes' first happened upon these mountains. The delicate color, the wide field, and the land itself breathes life. A treasure.
on December 14, 2010
Nearly all of the images in this book are dull and too dark in their reproduction. Some images are noticeably blurry, with artifacts that clearly indicate problems in the reproduction, not in the original image. This book is in a large format, but all of the paintings are reproduced with sizable borders, and quite a few are small paintings, with more than one per page.

Most of the paintings in the first half of the book are also rather poor in skill, with a few famous/great painters interspersed like Moran, Bierstadt, and Dixon. The skill level of the painters improves markedly shortly past halfway through the book.

I would have been very upset if I had paid much for this book, but as I paid about four dollars, it is ok. But if I ever start running out of space in my library for art books, and want to get better books, this will be one of the first to go.