Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 335 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 477 reviews
on June 5, 2017
Pajama Time is right up there with The Going To Bed Book. I love the way Boynton can turn quiet down and get ready for bedtime into a good time. Taking a bath, brushing our teeth and putting on pj's becomes a little dance party in our house. A quiet dance, moved very smoothly and the next thing little one knows, she's almost asleep. My granddaughter has never had a bedtime or routine, she's about to turn two and desperately needed to learn that after dinner she will have a bath and follow with a routine to bed. I've been doing this with her most nights, (including book time) and evenings are becoming so much easier. I've incorporated several wonderful books that follow the same storyline; we started with Llama Llama, then The Going To Bed Book and Pajama Time, most recently added Nighty Night. Such a nice set to have to choose from mixed in with plenty of other characters she loves (we're waiting on Pookie's Bedtime too) in our rotation.

Wonderful purchase and highly recommended for babies up through preschool, just don't be surprised when your 5 or 6 year occasionally asks you to find this one or brings it to you to read too!
on March 24, 2017
Sandra Boyton gets kids. I love her books and so does my 3-year-old. I discovered her books when I started working as an art teacher. Children love her stories.
on July 11, 2017
Our absolute FAVORITE BOOK!! This is such a cute and fun children's bedtime book! My little guy has loved it since he was 1.5 y.o. He's 5.5 y.o now and still picks it often as the book of choice. It's an easy read and flows well (some children's books are kinda clunky when you read it). We love all the animals, different shapes and sizes. BUY IT! Also a great gift too!!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 25, 2015
We have become huge Sandra Boynton fans over the last couple years. I discovered how wonderful her books were after I had my son, who is now 18 months. Pajama time was our first Boynton book. I've been reading it to him every night since he was 3 months old and now he picks it up every night before bed and wants me to read it to him. It's a tradition that we look forward to and my 10 year old gets into as well.

The story is a catchy rhyme about bed time, or pajama time. It starts and ends perfectly to transition into bed time. The beginning is "The moon is up. It's getting late. Lets get ready to celebrate. It's Pajama time". Even just starting off bedtime with a fun beginning like that makes bedtime easier for us. Then at the end the words "It's pajama time" are large, then smaller, then very small. We have fun shouting the first time, reading in a normal voice the second time, then whispering the last time. My son thinks it's hilarious! The whole book is fun, silly and catchy. I don't mind reading it every single night at all. The length is perfect, it takes a few minutes to finish. The pictures are cute and bright. I have now bought this for about 5 different baby showers I've gone to because I think it's wonderful to start reading to kids early and often. So I hope that my friends (and everyone else) enjoy this as much as we do.
on August 20, 2017
Still the charm and rhyme of other Boynton books. Not as good as the Going to Bed Book. Would like to deduct a star because it isn't as calming for a bedtime story. Only at the last page do they start to settle down. There's a lot of energy with the Pajama dance. It's cute but I need my toddler to sleep. Not dance at bedtime. But she loves this book. So back to 5 stars.
on July 23, 2017
As usual, Sandra Boynton has brought her amazing rhymes to our household during bed time. It is a part of my son's bed time routine and to this day- a year and a half later, it is when he knows it us time for bed. The characters are so wonderfully drawn and the book itself is made of high quality cardboard, perfect for my son was an infant and even now when he is a toddler. We have already purchased 3 more for friends at baby showers. They all loce it too!!
on July 4, 2017
Teaches kids to use the word "ugly" (which I leave out....instead I say, "some are the most creative you've ever seen," thanks to my sister who came up with it.) but other than that I love it. My son loves the rhymes, and routine of going to bed.
on September 4, 2017
Love the book & my Daughter loves that "pookie" is in it. The only bummer for us, is that all of the pajamas in the book are two-piece and my twin two year olds need to wear onesies to bed or they'll take off the bottoms & diapers. This book makes them want the 2 piece pjs.
on July 12, 2016
love sandra boynton books. they have been favorites of my 3 year-olds for some time... pajama time and the going to bed book are 2 of his favorites... along with the little pooky books... most other books stay on the bookshelf but these usually live in his treehouse bed... a sign of a well loved book :)
on April 21, 2017
This has been my daughter's favorite book since she was probably 6 months old (she's 14 months now.) She points at it every night and wants us to read it over and over again. Catchy, ,fun, and cute illustrations.