Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 306 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 440 reviews
on June 5, 2017
Pajama Time is right up there with The Going To Bed Book. I love the way Boynton can turn quiet down and get ready for bedtime into a good time. Taking a bath, brushing our teeth and putting on pj's becomes a little dance party in our house. A quiet dance, moved very smoothly and the next thing little one knows, she's almost asleep. My granddaughter has never had a bedtime or routine, she's about to turn two and desperately needed to learn that after dinner she will have a bath and follow with a routine to bed. I've been doing this with her most nights, (including book time) and evenings are becoming so much easier. I've incorporated several wonderful books that follow the same storyline; we started with Llama Llama, then The Going To Bed Book and Pajama Time, most recently added Nighty Night. Such a nice set to have to choose from mixed in with plenty of other characters she loves (we're waiting on Pookie's Bedtime too) in our rotation.

Wonderful purchase and highly recommended for babies up through preschool, just don't be surprised when your 5 or 6 year occasionally asks you to find this one or brings it to you to read too!
on March 24, 2017
Sandra Boyton gets kids. I love her books and so does my 3-year-old. I discovered her books when I started working as an art teacher. Children love her stories.
on April 12, 2017
Who doesn't want to cheer for pajama time?! And this book makes it fun for baby too. We kinda sing it, the rhyming is sorta sing-songy. This is one of our favorite Boynton books.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 25, 2015
We have become huge Sandra Boynton fans over the last couple years. I discovered how wonderful her books were after I had my son, who is now 18 months. Pajama time was our first Boynton book. I've been reading it to him every night since he was 3 months old and now he picks it up every night before bed and wants me to read it to him. It's a tradition that we look forward to and my 10 year old gets into as well.

The story is a catchy rhyme about bed time, or pajama time. It starts and ends perfectly to transition into bed time. The beginning is "The moon is up. It's getting late. Lets get ready to celebrate. It's Pajama time". Even just starting off bedtime with a fun beginning like that makes bedtime easier for us. Then at the end the words "It's pajama time" are large, then smaller, then very small. We have fun shouting the first time, reading in a normal voice the second time, then whispering the last time. My son thinks it's hilarious! The whole book is fun, silly and catchy. I don't mind reading it every single night at all. The length is perfect, it takes a few minutes to finish. The pictures are cute and bright. I have now bought this for about 5 different baby showers I've gone to because I think it's wonderful to start reading to kids early and often. So I hope that my friends (and everyone else) enjoy this as much as we do.
on April 21, 2017
This has been my daughter's favorite book since she was probably 6 months old (she's 14 months now.) She points at it every night and wants us to read it over and over again. Catchy, ,fun, and cute illustrations.
on May 23, 2016
This is one of my favorite night time books to read to my 6 month old. It's a quick easy read and is pretty cute too. I find myself quoting it while I'm getting him dressed in his pajamas at night. What more can you ask for in a children's book?! I love the humor in Sandra's books and this one has just enough to make you smile. I'm sure it will be in regular rotation for a while in our house!
on March 28, 2017
Baby girl picks this book every night! She's only 8 months but loves the pictures & just loves the book. We bought it as a gift for nephew also. He loves it too! Susan is a great author!
on August 26, 2012
Since my toddler enjoys the "Philadelphia Chickens" CD by Boynton, I thought this book would be a good match since one of the songs is "Pajama Time!" Boy, were we wrong. The illustrations are classic Boynton, true, but it somehow lacks the charm of the recorded song. Not sure what it is, but even my book-loving toddler can't sit still for this one, and quickly loses interest (she usually will sit for a story from cover to cover). Together, we say "meh" to this one.

Update, April 2013: At 2 years old now,this book has suddenly become a favorite before naptime, and during potty time. Maybe she can relate to the lyrics a little better now? I still think that the recorded song is a little better than the book, but she likes to read it now, and will sit on the potty to do her business while "reading" this. She has also discovered the fun of the cutout cover and will play peek-a-boo with it before naptime/potty time. I'm just giving it 4 stars because all the lyrics from the recorded song are not in this book, and if you attempt to sing it, you will need to modify some of the verses, but the gist of the song is there.
on April 16, 2017
My son loves this book - we read it in a dancy, rhythmic, kind of way and he dances along to the words. Super cute night time book!
on June 13, 2017
My 2 yo daughter is obsessed! We read this almost every night. She lives how there is a little song to it. And the end is her favorite park. I highly recommend!