Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pajar Women's Grip Id Pouch Boot,Dark Brown/Off White,42 EU (US Women's 11 M)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Size: 42 M EU / 11 B(M) US|Color: Dark Brown/Off White|Change
Price:$31.99 - $240.00

on September 23, 2008
I ordered these on Sunday night and they were here Tuesday afternoon. At first, I was really afraid they were going to be ugly (for the sake of function) and too big (I got a 40 EU and I wear an 8 1/2 US). Well, when I took them out of their huge box, they were like the best Kwanzaa gift you couldn't wait to get! They look so nice with my skinny jeans and generally fit the bill for casual, functional and attractive boots. I am a college student who walks a great deal on a large campus and in the city. I know these are going to keep my feet warm and dry in these long, hard Chicago winters (unlike my Bearpaw and On Your Feet boots that were leaking moisture after being put to work for about 3 months). If you want an alternative to the overwhelming trend that is Ugg-like boots, I highly recommend these. I like to be as thorough as possible with my posts so pple won't have to search for reviews like I do so long story short: They are fashionable, you'll never beat the price, obviously durable, very confident tread on the sole, and stupidly warm. I looked at them and thought: how can these expensive shoes (retail $200, folks!) be so thin. Yep...put my bare right foot in them for about 1 minute and I could feel my own body heat circulating inside of the shoe keeping my foot warm. It's a heat trap that I can't describe, but my feet are always cold, and I can honestly say my right foot is still warmer than my bare left foot though I've taken the boots off about 10 minutes ago. I think this Chicago winter will be a pretty warm one:)
11 comment| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2015
I have been waiting two weeks to write this review. I wanted to have a good amount of time with the boots. I have the red ones, they don't come in half sizes, get your whole size. I've regular size calves, which when worn with regular cut jeans can be tucked in. The red aren't bright and shining, they are a rich dark color. I've seen the green up close also, they are a military/ hunter green.

First off I live in NJ and I get cold easily, I'm from the islands. I have watched these boots in a nearby store since last year, but since we had a warm winter I didn't think to get them. Well that was my fault, because I was very unprepared for this blast of cold.

I walk about 5 miles each day, simply due to drop-off and pick-up and errands for my family. I take public transportation so these boots are extremely lightweight. Don't make the mistake I did however and walk that much on the first day of getting them. They felt very tight and my pinky toes were hurting. The second day however there were stretched out and fit much more comfortable. We've had some very low temperatures lately and my toes were comfy and dry. NO need for specialty socks, I wear basic Hanes white or black socks and I'm good to go all day long, and still walking my 5 miles; now with ease.

The upper interior of the boots is faux sheepskin, the under calf area is padded with an insulation material called Pajar-tex, most shoes call them warmer-tex. Anyway, its WARM! I was concerned about the bottom mostly, so I removed the insole lining to see what's going on there. The bottom of the boots is also padded and structurally strong.

The outer area is flexible, and will not break or crack it allows movement with your feet to walk or run easily.

I attached some pictures for a clearer image of the boot. NYC hustle with NJ snow. I'm READY.
review image review image
on January 17, 2008
I've been through so many pairs of snow boots and I'm so glad I bought this pair! I live in NYC and finding a boot that's warm, waterproof, and super cute is pretty difficult to find (forget Uggs). I hate bulky boots, this pair is so light and comfortable! I love the fact that this boot is very practical (really, does it make sense to have a wedged snow boot?) and that I can trudge around in these boots in Vermont over the weekends too! Size runs pretty true to size.
on December 9, 2014
This boot is advertised and marked on the boot itself as waterproof and warm. It is neither. It leaks like a pair of tennis shoes and my feet were numb from cold in 34 degree weather. These are probably the lamest winter boots I have ever worn. What a huge disappointment.
on March 12, 2015
This is just an okay product.
I guess I have two scenarios...

First: When wearing these boots with thermal socks.. I live in Boston, so this year the cold/freezing weather hit us hard. If I wear these with thermal socks, they tend to be snug at the ankles and near the toes. I suggest that if you are using these boots this way, then get a half size bigger.

Second: Wearing these with regular socks, or even double socks. They fit comfortable. No complaint. They are not snug and fit true to size.

Pros:
These boots are comfortable, warm and have a nice grip. When walking over ice, you will obviously have to be careful. Although you don't fear falling because they grip well.
I travel on the train to work, and this winter there were times where i waited over an hour in the freezing cold. As far as my feet, they were toasty the entire time.
They are water resistant.

Cons: I wish these had a zipper down the side.
when pulling these up, it can become quite uncomfortable when you are wearing more than 1 pair of socks, or thermal socks.

I would recommend!
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 26, 2010
These are not warm -- there is only a thin lining in the foot area. They are ok if you are in & out of the car, but are not good for long periods outside -- eg, walking the dog.
on February 8, 2015
I recently moved, and my new city has extremely cold winters with very heavy snow/blizzards. Typical New England/Midwest winters. I needed a pair of boots that I could wear through freezing puddles of slush, as well as salty and icy roads and knee-high snowdrifts. I sometimes have to walk long distances outdoors for work, so I needed something that was also incredibly warm for our many days of subzero temperatures.

I bought these boots after doing a bunch of research and looking at various different varieties of boots. Initially, the boots I wanted were the Sorel Joan of Arctic boots, which weren't available in my size anywhere. I also looked at the LL Bean boots, a pair from Land's End, and a few from Merrill. I eventually settled on these. If I had been able to find the black Joan of Arctic boots I prob would have bought those because I felt like the Joan boots were a bit more trendy-looking. However, I'm now really glad I got these instead. These are higher boots - on me (a shorter person) they end an inch below the knee. The other boots I mentioned are almost all much shorter, going maybe six-ten inches up the calf. That's fine if you're not dealing with freezing winds. I am really glad I ended up with these boots, because that extra height really helps keep my legs warm.

I chose these boots because they were rated down to -30, and that's a pretty accurate assessment. They are incredibly warm. I have walked a mile in these, and the other day I waited 40 minutes in -10 degree weather for a bus (outside, standing on a patch of ice) and I really didn't feel the cold at all. The downside to this - and one of the downsides to this boot - is that they do get warm indoors. They don't feel tight or uncomfortable, but your feet might get a little sweaty over the course of the day. But having them has completely changed my experience of commuting outdoors. I've worn them in 1-2" deep puddles of water, and they haven't leaked at all. (I haven't tried wading through really deep water.)

The one other con is that they fit a bit narrow. I am a shoe size 7.5 to 8, and I bought the boots in a size 8-8.5. With a pair of lightweight socks on, I can feel the sides of the boot. My feet are on the wider side, but my point is that you should definitely size up, especially if you plan on wearing winter socks.

In terms of looks - I have the charcoal gray color. I really wanted the black, but they were out of it. That said, I have later realized that one of the benefits of gray is that it is less likely to show salt stains. This is important, since all the roads here are salted to melt the ice (I'm making it sound like I live in Siberia, but these days it really feels like Siberia would be warmer.) These boots are high, and they definitely look like winter boots. I saw more streamlined boots out there. The canvas feels a bit workman like, and the fact that they come up so high means that dresses/etc can look...well, different, to say the least. I felt like their style profile was not very high, but the other day a friend of mine told me they looked cute, so maybe I am wrong. They are a bit heavier than they look in the picture, in the sense that the material is fairly thick (they're actually really lightweight to wear)

Price wise, these were in the middle of the pack for the boots I considered buying. For that price, I think they're extraordinary value. The details really suggest a company that is incredibly familiar with how to make good boots for really cold weather. They're not just high-quality, they're incredibly well-designed. The fleece on the inside (probably synthetic?) is insanely warm and cozy. It feels like your legs are getting a hug. These boots are perfect for college students in cold climates in the US (lots of walking). Pajar is a Canadian company, and this gave me confidence because I figured they would know how to make cold weather boots. Their website features several styles (including a few incredibly gorgeous ones) that are upwards of $400, so this is a good price for the company and the brand.

I honestly wish I could give these boots more stars. I am rarely this happy and satisfied with a purchase. They have improved my life way beyond what I initially expected.

UPDATE: I've continued to wear these through the winter, and I'm really happy with how they've held up in snow, rain and cold. They've definitely made my life in a snowy city much, much easier.
on October 2, 2012
Despite the product description, this boot is not lined with shearling. It is lined with synthetic wool pile, which functions completely differently in the cold. With winter walks that get down -30, I am looking for actual SHEARLING. Pants on fire, Pajar. Super disappointed - sent them back.
on March 29, 2010
These boots are very cute and stylish. I can't say they have the most support, but they would do well in the snow. I had to return them though because they were too small in the calf. This is not the boot for you if you have larger calves.
on January 30, 2014
It has been a difficult winter and I thought I would get myself some boots to fit the weather. Initially I was disappointed that they were made in China being that they are a Canadian company and have a Canadian flag on the side of the boot. They are made big and my feet do flop around in them but I basically wear them back and forth to work. They are warm, not as warm as my UGGs but they are waterproof which my UGGS are not. The bottom has little flags which help on the ice.