Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 202 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 285 reviews
on May 30, 2017
I love this book. I shouldn't have to tell you of its grandeur and importance. I have total respect for Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan; I am ever thankful for their work. This review is souly regarding the recently released Audible edition.
I understand the thinking behind releasing a new digital conversion of the original masters as they are now, with silences contained within the degraded tapes. But, I would have much preferred the previous audio book release sound files, lower fidelity as it may be, to have been spliced in where there is silence. In this release, entire paragraphs are unintelligible from the tape degradation.
I am not sure why the previous audio book version is not able to be purchased, whether it's due to copyright or licensing or some other absurd reason. That is the version I would like to get my hands on.
I do not regret purchasing this, as it supports Druyan and the Sagan estate, but I don't think I will be using it much.
I am an avid reader and I was fascinated by Carl Sagan’s books and his TV series. I have a 1995 special edition unknown binding with full color photos and illustrations. I love this book and use it as a reference. I am very careful with the book as it is one of my favorites and I treasure owning it.

It is a wonderful book about mankind’s future in space travel and the wonders of the universe. I have a large collection of books and my grandsons often come over and borrow them. Some I have duplicate copies of and I freely share them with my family. This is one of those books that will be passed along to my grandsons and great grandsons.

Sagan had an open and inquisitive mind and he always wanted to imagine and study and learn. This is the type of book that inspired future scientist and generations to come to excel and explore our universe. It is worth passing onto the next generation. This book is one of my favorites.
review image
on March 21, 2017
Pale Blue Dot is a non-fiction and is Sagan’s analysis of the role space will play in humanity’s future. It was written in 1994, and therefore one of his last publications, as Sagan tragically died in 1996. The title of the book, Pale Blue Dot, was taken from the instantly infamous Pale Blue Dot photograph taken by Voyager 1 in 1990. In his book, Sagan created a short analysis of the importance of the human exploration of space. His reasons range from spin-off technology to the intrinsic value of exploration and discovery. But what struck me the most about Sagan’s book was that although he talked extensively about these as, in general, good reasons to explore space, they weren’t the best reason. Or rather, they weren’t enough. Sagan goes on to argue that the single greatest reason to explore space is the survival of the species. Something as an individual I haven't ever really thought of. It is possible that we could destroy ourselves through nuclear war, yes, but that’s not the survival Sagan is talking about. He’s speaking about asteroids. There is a chance that at some point in the future a rock big enough to destroy human life will collide with Earth. Exploring space and developing new technologies is the only way to search out and redirect incoming asteroids. If incoming asteroids cannot be redirected it is important to the species that we have settled elsewhere. Really great book, highly recommend it.
on December 9, 2016
Anything written by Carl Sagan is wonderful. He writes in a very easy way to understand and keeps your interest so much so that you do not want to put down the book. He writes also in a very interesting way on a somewhat difficult subject. It will give you a new respect for our earth, and you will want to take care of this planet. After all, it is our only home for now. Lets respect and care for Mother Earth.
on November 9, 2016
Carl Sagan at his best! This is a really fascinating book, despite being a little out of date (written in 1994) in respect of spacecraft launched and results obtained over the past 20 years. Nevertheless, it contains a wealth of interesting and thought-provoking commentary on a wide range of interesting issues. Strongly recommended.
on March 4, 2017
My favourite all time read, lost my old one so I had to buy another one. Great quality, absolutely love. <3 If anyone has never read this book or is debating on doing so, you will not be disappointed in our Carl Sagan! I'm ecstatic to be able to reread this!
on January 31, 2017
Apparently I buy books while drunk, and then receive them and wonder when I thought I had time to read. Plus, I have a Kindle. But, how can you go wrong with Sagan? Love HIM Lots!
on December 29, 2016
Made me feel insignificant and have an existential crisis.

Love it though
on May 7, 2017
Carl gives a great insight into the future of humanity and our place in the universe. Insightful and exploratory examination of our solar system and it's physical makeup.
on June 25, 2015
To put it simply, I loved this book. I learned much more about space than I've ever learned through public education. This book is pretty heavy on information about the solar system, lots of information about the unmanned missions into our solar system and beyond. Lots of it. Lots of information about the geology of other worlds, etc.

If you can handle that, a seemingly random assortment of factoids about space and our solar system told in linear procession... then, it's a great book, with lots of interesting things to learn about space and the solar system.