Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young Paperback – October 16, 2012
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Author: The Paleo Answer Top 10 Shopping List
• Lean beef (grass-fed if possible)
• Hormone-free chicken
• Organic eggs
• Raw unsalted walnuts
• Ground flaxseed meal
• Organic broccoli
• Organic blueberries
• Orthopedic-style walking shoes
• Short-sleeve white cotton T shirt
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
' Here's all you need to know about the paleo lifestyle. ' (Woman, November 2012) --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) I wish he had footnoted everything. He makes a lot of comments about studies but they are not footnoted although he does extensive chapter by chapter references in the back of the book which is better than nothing.
2) I do disagree with his conclusions regarding supplemental vitamins and minerals. He mentions studies that show some nutrients (such as vitamin E) are dangerous, yet I have read elsewhere that the E used for these studies was synthetic not the natural form and this plays out differently in the body. I think the problem here (for me) is that he doesn't comment on the quality of the studies. Another example is one that I am really concerned about - iodine. He does not seem to notice that there may be a need for this supplement especially since he advocates a salt-free diet (salt being the main way most people get their iodine supplement). And finally, he claims that if we eat as our ancestors we won't need supplements - yes but we don't eat as our ancestors in that we are not eating wild foods! We are eating foods that for the most part are being grown in depleted soil. I wish he'd commented on these various issues.
3) I would like to have seen more discussion about the variations found in our paleo ancestral diets. I find it hard to believe that all of them ate the same amount of protein that he recommends. Maybe they did but I wish he'd talked more about it. My own assumption would be that those living in colder climates would need more fat and those living in hotter climates would need more carbs and less fat. It would be interesting to know what he discovered about this (if anything).
HOWEVER--this book was a real disappointment. It is really geared towards the beginners to the Paleo world, and in particular the diet shopping crowd looking for information on Paleo. The endless personal testimonials throughout the book really got on my nerves; I wasn't shopping for Paleo, I am already committed to it, and so the testimonials were a waste of my time (and money).
If your experienced in Paleo at all,this book will not provide very much new information
This is a good book. It is a follow up to the first book he wrote and explains more about the anti-nutrients in foods off the Paleo food list such as wheat, legumes, and potato. For someone new to the Paleo diet, this book is not enough. You have to buy the first book, read it, and then move on to this one, which provided more details. That said, there are several things that are not explained very well in this one, like a comprehensive list of things to eat or not to eat; the meal plan was for such a short time.
I really find part of the title to be very cheesy and trying to be like a typical fad diet book "7 Days to Lose Weight ...".
Most recent customer reviews
Overall great read. I bought a copy from a book store.Read more